‘Trayvon Martin’ gun range targets sold out in two days

He did? I missed that. Do you have a link?

i'm using satire to illustrate the ridiculous position the woman we are talking about "fired a warning shot,"

We could say the same thing about zimmerman.

She also fired that "warning shot" into a room where her two children were.

And she had left her house, from her scary abusive husband, only to quickly return moments later to pick up a gun. That doesn't look like someone that's truly in fear for their lives. If you were actually being abused, threatened, you'd get the fuck out of there.

The cases aren't the same. I don't know much about it, but from the two articles I have already read, they are entirely different circumstances, so to compare them is just erroneous.

i'm using satire to illustrate the ridiculous position the woman we are talking about "fired a warning shot,"

We could say the same thing about zimmerman.

She also fired that "warning shot" into a room where her two children were.

And she had left her house, from her scary abusive husband, only to quickly return moments later to pick up a gun. That doesn't look like someone that's truly in fear for their lives. If you were actually being abused, threatened, you'd get the fuck out of there.

The cases aren't the same. I don't know much about it, but from the two articles I have already read, they are entirely different circumstances, so to compare them is just erroneous.

Well, we certainly don't have to compare every single thing - except what's pertinent to the 'Stand Your Ground' aspects to each.

In which case, if her husband's abusive, she is certainly within her rights to 'stand her ground' in her home and shoot him.

'SYG' = big, gaping holes. Wouldn't you say?

Well, we certainly don't have to compare every single thing - except what's pertinent to the 'Stand Your Ground' aspects to each.

In which case, if her husband's abusive, she is certainly within her rights to 'stand her ground' in her home and shoot him.

'SYG' = big, gaping holes. Wouldn't you say?

nope, If a prosecution can prove you didn't have a reasonable fear for your life, then you should go to jail.

And the same thing applies to zimmerman. There could very well be evidence the public hasn't seen yet that makes the prosecution very confident in their case. If that happens, I will change my outlook. I base my opinions on the available evidence that we currently have, and so far what has been released publicly I don't think meets the states burden.

This woman ran from her house, only to return. This makes her defense rather suspect, as if you were really in fear of your life or your abusive husband, you wouldn't run back to your house after getting away. that's why the jury convicted her in 12 minutes.

nope, If a prosecution can prove you didn't have a reasonable fear for your life, then you should go to jail.

And the same thing applies to zimmerman. There could very well be evidence the public hasn't seen yet that makes the prosecution very confident in their case. If that happens, I will change my outlook. I base my opinions on the available evidence that we currently have, and so far what has been released publicly I don't think meets the states burden.

This woman ran from her house, only to return. This makes her defense rather suspect, as if you were really in fear of your life or your abusive husband, you wouldn't run back to your house after getting away. that's why the jury convicted her in 12 minutes.

Sure I would. Especially if I knew my kids were still in the house with the guy. It would be worth it to chance getting my hands on the gun I knew was inside the house, 'standing my ground' in my own home, and blowing his shit away. Damn right I would.

She also fired that "warning shot" into a room where her two children were. And she had left her house, from her scary abusive husband, only to quickly return moments later to pick up a gun. That doesn't look like someone that's truly in fear for their lives. If you were actually being abused, threatened, you'd get the fuck out of there...
This mother of three, arrested immediately following the incident Aug. 1, 2010, in Jackonville, nine days after her premature baby was born, was sentenced to 20 long years in prison for discharging her legally owned gun into a wall... ...she forgot her car keys, so she went back inside. Her husband threatened to kill her, so she fired a shot from her handgun into a wall... http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...ander-warning-shot-sentence-stand-your-ground

so says her defense, which 12 jury members only took 12 minutes to realize was bullshit. Rational moms don't fire guns into a room where their children are. She could have easily escaped the situation.

That shit is pretty fucked up. I don't even think Zimmerman is guilty of murder (I believe he'll get manslaughter), but that doesn't change the fact that someone lost their life. Nothing to joke about or celebrate.

I know Corey's publicly stated reasons (BTW, she's also the prosecutor in the Zimmerman case).

I'll ask you.

Since you boasted that you'd stand with anyone whose rights were violated, why aren't you standing with Marissa Alexander?
no surprise you missed my original post on this.

Sure I would. Especially if I knew my kids were still in the house with the guy. It would be worth it to chance getting my hands on the gun I knew was inside the house, 'standing my ground' in my own home, and blowing his shit away. Damn right I would.
The point he's making is that either you stnad in the doorway protecting the kids, or you run away, if you run away and come back you've done the worst of both, the kids have been left alone with the abusive drunk, and you've come back for him to finish the job. You can't claim "mother bear" instinct after you've already run away, then start firing shots into the room where said kids are.

I also have to rather chuckle at the way guns are portrayed men to women. If a man misses a shot its poor marksmanship, if a women misses, it's a warning shot, because obviously she would never fire and miss.

The point he's making is that either you stnad in the doorway protecting the kids, or you run away, if you run away and come back you've done the worst of both, the kids have been left alone with the abusive drunk, and you've come back for him to finish the job. You can't claim "mother bear" instinct after you've already run away, then start firing shots into the room where said kids are.

Sure you can. If you left hysterically, forgetting your keys, etc., of course you can gather your bearings and go back in to get kids and/or gun. That the jury doesn't think so doesn't make them right. See my sig.

I also have to rather chuckle at the way guns are portrayed men to women. If a man misses a shot its poor marksmanship, if a women misses, it's a warning shot, because obviously she would never fire and miss.

Laugh it up. She got 20 years.

Sure you can. If you left hysterically, forgetting your keys, etc., of course you can gather your bearings and go back in to get kids and/or gun. That the jury doesn't think so doesn't make them right. See my sig.

Laugh it up. She got 20 years.
She got jury by her peers, she got a lawyer, she's probably going to get an appeal. She got her rights, now she gets to pay for her actions. there was no "deal" she had her day in court.

She got jury by her peers, she got a lawyer, she's probably going to get an appeal. She got her rights, now she gets to pay for her actions. there was no "deal" she had her day in court.

Where do I mention a deal? Oh, that's right - I didn't. I said the jury was wrong. They are.

The jury was a randomly selected poll of the population, and her lawyer had his objections to them. They still found her guilty.
the jury found her guilty because they are being misled about what their job as a juror is. they found her guilty according to the letter of the law, instead of being allowed to judge the use of the law. judges and prosecutors hate jury nullification.

the jury found her guilty because they are being misled about what their job as a juror is. they found her guilty according to the letter of the law, instead of being allowed to judge the use of the law. judges and prosecutors hate jury nullification.
Judges are there to judge the law, they've been to law school etc, juries aren't there to decide that, if they want to change the law, have them kick their congressmen in the rear.

Judges are there to judge the law, they've been to law school etc, juries aren't there to decide that, if they want to change the law, have them kick their congressmen in the rear.
since even before our nation was founded, the citizens have had the right of jury nullification. judges are not the final arbiter of law. That viewpoint is the authoritarian viewpoint and is inherently wrong in a nation built on freedom.

www.fija.org

Back