"Trickle Down" Failed. What is the new Right Wing approach for next election?

Reagan launched one of the greatest bull markets in our history from 1982 to 2000.

fredgraph.png

Thanks Reagan! Sure, most of the market gains in the 1982-2000 period cam well after you left office, but we'll give you credit anyway!

this is what they do.

they get all the credit for ANYTHING good and the Dems get the blame for the republicans fuck ups.

Two thirds of the tax cuts by Bush went to the lower and middle income families

You've got to be kidding........I saved a whopping 300+ a year under those cuts.........let the good times roll.

The top 2% built 3rd mansions with their savings.

LMAO... 2/3 of his cuts went to the lower and middle income families. Cuts that Obama kept in place. What do the tax cuts have to do with the foreclosures?

You got a link to those 2/3? Or should we take your word for it?

You've got to be kidding........I saved a whopping 300+ a year under those cuts.........let the good times roll.

I got the extra tax credit for each kid and was able to deduct my health insurance premiums from my income.....I saved thousands.....

Yes and how many lower and middle class families are there compared to the wealthy? I did not say they got more per capita. I said that about 2/3 of the TOTAL DOLLARS spent went to them.

Yes and how many lower and middle class families are there compared to the wealthy? I did not say they got more per capita. I said that about 2/3 of the TOTAL DOLLARS spent went to them.

Woopi fucking do.

I would check those numbers anyway. Never take SF's word on a number. A word to the wise is worth a pound of gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_Budget_Reconciliation_Act_of_1993

The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 (or OBRA-93[1]) was a federal law that was enacted by the 103rd United States Congress and signed into law by President Bill Clinton. It has also been referred to, unofficially, as the Deficit Reduction Act of 1993. Part XIII, which dealt with taxes and is also called the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993.

Ultimately every Republican in Congress voted against the bill, as did a number of Democrats. Vice President Al Gore broke a tie in the Senate on both the Senate bill and the conference report. The House bill passed 219-213 on Thursday, May 27, 1993.[1] The House passed the conference report on Thursday, August 5, 1993, by a vote of 218 to 216 (217 Democrats and 1 independent (Sanders (I-VT)) voting in favor; 41 Democrats and 175 Republicans voting against).[2] The Senate passed the conference report on the last day before their month's vacation, on Friday, August 6, 1993, by a vote of 51 to 50 (50 Democrats plus Vice President Gore voting in favor, 6 Democrats (Lautenberg (D-NJ), Bryan (D-NV), Nunn (D-GA), Johnston (D-LA), Boren (D-OK), and Shelby (D-AL) now (R-AL)) and 44 Republicans voting against). President Clinton signed the bill on August 10, 1993.

Back