Trump accuses Harris of 'stealing' his no tax on tips promise after her campus rally in Las Vegas

Trump accuses Harris of 'stealing' his no tax on tips promise after her campus rally in Las Vegas

Vice President Kamala Harris cloned former President Trump's pledge to eliminate federal taxes on tips paid to workers in restaurants, bars, hotels and others in the service industry.

At a rally on the campus of the University of Nevada at Las Vegas on Saturday evening, Harris pledged to fight for "working families of Americans."

"When I was attorney general of California, we worked together to crack down on wage theft," she said. "When I was a United States senator, we fought together for paid family leave and medical leave."

Harris, who received the endorsement of the Culinary Workers Union Local 226, promised the droves of service and hospitality workers in Sin City to "eliminate taxes on tips."

"And earlier this year, right here in Vegas, we celebrated your historic contract win. And it is my promise to everyone here when I am president, we will continue our fight for the working families of America," Harris said. "Including to raise the minimum wage. And eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers."

Trump was quick to respond on social media, putting Harris on blast for "stealing" his policy.

"Kamala Harris, whose "Honeymoon" period is ENDING, and is starting to get hammered in the Polls, just copied my NO TAXES ON TIPS Policy," he wrote in a Truth Social post.

"The difference is, she won’t do it, she just wants it for Political Purposes! This was a TRUMP idea - She has no ideas, she can only steal from me," he said. "Remember, Kamala has proposed the LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY - It won’t happen. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"
==========================================

Americans cannot trust the word of a woman that hold told us is continuing to tell everyone Biden is fit to be President. Everyone knows that is a lie and Joe is a National Security risk but Kamala has done nothing about it. Kamala is lying and will not keep her promise. She has been in the White House for almost four years and has done ZERO to eliminate taxes on tips. In fact while she has been in office the IRS has cracked down harder on taxing tips because with with most tips on credit cards it is easier for them to do. And Kamala has done NOTHING.
Brilliant, a good idea is a good idea.

It’s not consistent with trump’s overall philosophy, but it is a great idea.

Brilliant, a good idea is a good idea.

It’s not consistent with trump’s overall philosophy, but it is a great idea.
Question, Jared:

You seem to think that people who earn their living primarily from tips...should not have to pay income tax on those tips, even though the tips are income.

Will you give me some idea of why you think that?

Question, Jared:

You seem to think that people who earn their living primarily from tips...should not have to pay income tax on those tips, even though the tips are income.

50% of Americans pay no federal income taxes.......why do you think waitresses should?....

Question, Jared:

I’m always for lower taxes on hard working people and higher taxes on executives and those already wealthy.

It should be easier to get rich, than to stay rich.

I’m always for lower taxes on hard working people and higher taxes on executives and those already wealthy.

Good fucking motto, Jared! "It should be easier to get rich, than to stay rich."

I think it's a dumb policy meant to perpetuate a dumb aspect of our society. I'd rather tipping be eliminated entirely and people get paid a fair wage. Imagine a future where companies use "you won't get taxed on your tips!" as a selling point to get people to accept just the absolute shittiest jobs imaginable.

Since politics is fun I'm copying this post from another poster (and changing he to she). This post got a number of thumbs up as well (when it was he not she).

"If this isn't a desparate attempt to get voters I don't know what is. There is no way she is going to eliminate income taxes for the entire restaurant/hotel business without congress approving and they never will. She is preying on the intelligence of the waiter/waitresses to get their vote. why not just say we are going to eliminate taxes on your first 20 hrs of work each week? That should get a few more dumbfucks to vote for you."

I think it's a dumb policy meant to perpetuate a dumb aspect of our society. I'd rather tipping be eliminated entirely and people get paid a fair wage. Imagine a future where companies use "you won't get taxed on your tips!" as a selling point to get people to accept just the absolute shittiest jobs imaginable.
What's a fair wage though? If every server earns lets say a minumum $80K/yr salary prices of food are going to be jacked up. You'll be looking at a piece of salmon costing $50+. For some people that's not an issue of course but for the non rich type those level of prices making eating out very cost prohibitive.

That's going to be the trade off.

Fuck THAT! I LOVE tipping because I tip well, which in turn means I get GREAT service!. I like getting great seats, no waiting, and fantastic service and I dont mind paying for it unlike the cheap bastards.

Since politics is fun I'm copying this post from another poster (and changing he to she). This post got a number of thumbs up as well (when it was he not she).

"If this isn't a desparate attempt to get voters I don't know what is. There is no way she is going to eliminate income taxes for the entire restaurant/hotel business without congress approving and they never will. She is preying on the intelligence of the waiter/waitresses to get their vote. why not just say we are going to eliminate taxes on your first 20 hrs of work each week? That should get a few more dumbfucks to vote for you."
Yes, because it is inconsistent with “his” philosophy on taxes. It’s a ploy for votes on both sides, but I think to complete with Trump in Nevada, since he already did it, she needed to do it also.

Don't twist facts, Stone.

Phil Crane was first with the idea.

Then Ron Paul.

Then Trump.

Then Kamala Harris.
So Trump was third, Kamahla fourth and agrees w/ Phil, Paul and Trump. Good that Two repubs, a libertarian and a dem can actually agree on something.

Dont twist words,...no reason for it. Instead simply be honest. Simple direct question for you........WHO was first to publicly announce they plan on doing away with taxes on tips,...Trump or Harris?
That's an easy question to answer...
So, it was a lie when Trump said it, what's that make it when Harris says the same thing...?
Well, the "Biden/Kam" policy is the opposite of what she says she'll "do"...
It's just her latest "Flipping for Votes" claim...
She can't be trusted at all...ask Joe...

But the tips are, in effect, wages. It most definitely is INCOME. Why should people who earn their INCOME from tips be exempt from a general tax on INCOME?

It makes no sense to me.

Yes I agree.

But one thing you may not realize is that some people make a rather large amount from tips. VERY LARGE AMOUNT.

Some tipped people make more than the average salary for factory workers.

Why should they not pay taxes on their INCOME?

Vice President Kamala Harris cloned former President Trump's pledge to eliminate federal taxes on tips paid to workers in restaurants, bars, hotels and others in the service industry.

At a rally on the campus of the University of Nevada at Las Vegas on Saturday evening, Harris pledged to fight for "working families of Americans."

"When I was attorney general of California, we worked together to crack down on wage theft," she said. "When I was a United States senator, we fought together for paid family leave and medical leave."

Harris, who received the endorsement of the Culinary Workers Union Local 226, promised the droves of service and hospitality workers in Sin City to "eliminate taxes on tips."

"And earlier this year, right here in Vegas, we celebrated your historic contract win. And it is my promise to everyone here when I am president, we will continue our fight for the working families of America," Harris said. "Including to raise the minimum wage. And eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers."

Trump was quick to respond on social media, putting Harris on blast for "stealing" his policy.

"Kamala Harris, whose "Honeymoon" period is ENDING, and is starting to get hammered in the Polls, just copied my NO TAXES ON TIPS Policy," he wrote in a Truth Social post.

"The difference is, she won’t do it, she just wants it for Political Purposes! This was a TRUMP idea - She has no ideas, she can only steal from me," he said. "Remember, Kamala has proposed the LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY - It won’t happen. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"
==========================================

Americans cannot trust the word of a woman that hold told us is continuing to tell everyone Biden is fit to be President. Everyone knows that is a lie and Joe is a National Security risk but Kamala has done nothing about it. Kamala is lying and will not keep her promise. She has been in the White House for almost four years and has done ZERO to eliminate taxes on tips. In fact while she has been in office the IRS has cracked down harder on taxing tips because with with most tips on credit cards it is easier for them to do. And Kamala has done NOTHING.
Right, the idea has been around for decades, even I acted in some communities, and now it is Trump’s idea

NEXT

Back