Trump extends olive branch to kneelers

Darth Omar

Russian asset
“You have a lot of people, in the NFL in particular, but in sports leagues, they’re not proud enough to stand for our national anthem. I don’t like that,” Trump said. “We have a great country, you should stand for our national anthem. You shouldn’t go in a locker room when our national anthem is played."

I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me, because that's what they're protesting, people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system," he added.

Trump continued: “I’m going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated … friends of theirs or people that they know about, and I’m going to take a look at those applications.”

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...-referrals.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Somebody just got out-maneuvered lol.

“You have a lot of people, in the NFL in particular, but in sports leagues, they’re not proud enough to stand for our national anthem. I don’t like that,” Trump said. “We have a great country, you should stand for our national anthem. You shouldn’t go in a locker room when our national anthem is played."

I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me, because that's what they're protesting, people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system," he added.

Trump continued: “I’m going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated … friends of theirs or people that they know about, and I’m going to take a look at those applications.”

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...-referrals.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Somebody just got out-maneuvered lol.

It doesn't matter.. Nobody likes Trump.. I expect they will ignore him.. He's busy anyway pissing off all our allies.

they won't do it,and they should if they were for real in their concerns

Trump already had his very public tantrums saying "fire the bastards"..

Trump can't FIX it.. He's part of the problem.

Remember when he took out a newspaper ad about the boys in the park attack in NYC?

It doesn't matter.. Nobody likes Trump.. I expect they will ignore him.. He's busy anyway pissing off all our allies.

They would like to do that, but now they are in an odd position.

Trump is asking for pardon referrals from them. If the kneelers don’t come up with some, then people will wonder if they really care about injustice in our legal system; but if they do start to send referrals and Trump starts pardoning victims of injustice, then people will begin to wonder if Trump really is the devil, after all.

That’s slick.

Donald Trump and the Central Park Five: the racially charged ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...k-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york

Trump’s ad in the New York Daily News. Photograph: NY Daily News Archive ‘He poisoned the minds of New York’ Just two weeks after the Central Park attack, before any of the boys had faced trial and while Meili remained critically ill in a coma, Donald Trump, whose office on Fifth Avenue commanded an exquisite view of the park’s opulent ...

Trump is asking for pardon referrals from them. If the kneelers don’t come up with some, then people will wonder if they really care about injustice in our legal system; but if they do start to send referrals and Trump starts pardoning victims of injustice, then people will begin to wonder if Trump really is the devil, after all.

That’s slick.

Slick... NOT sincere. Remember the Central Park Five?

So you're admitting...The kneeling doesn't really matter...It's just to make the world more messy...

Exactly lol. They almost have to do it.

Keep in mind at least a few of these athletes know people who are in prison. The families of the prisoners are going to be after the kneelers. They don’t give a crap about making Trump look good or bad—they just want their brother or uncle out of jail.

The kneelers say they care about injustice—Donald Trump just empowered them to actually DO something about it.

He's busy anyway pissing off all our allies.

Donald Trump has grown frustrated with Theresa May’s “school mistress” tone, allies of the president have told The Telegraph, as it emerged the pair will not hold formal talks at the G7 summit in Canada.

The US president is said to bristle at the Prime Minister’s approach during phone calls, with Mrs May quick to get into policy details rather than wider conversation.

One senior US diplomat said Mr Trump had expressed annoyance at Mrs May’s frequent demands, which are seen as taking advantage of the UK-US relationship.

The comments made to this newspaper chime with a report in The Washington Post on Thursday that Mr Trump sees Mrs May as too politically correct after she rebuked him over claims that parts of London have become “no-go” areas.
. . . .

Mrs May is not alone in failing to build a rapport with Mr Trump. Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, has a frosty relationship with the US president, who often swipes at her country’s trade policies.

And many Western leaders have done little to hide their anger at the US president's decisions over Iran and tariffs, going public with their criticism in recent weeks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...il&utm_term=0_10959edeb5-53cc55d844-190079925

That’s slick.

Yep, the ball is in their hands now. Will they punt ... or play ball. :D

Exactly lol. They almost have to do it.

Keep in mind at least a few of these athletes know people who are in prison. The families of the prisoners are going to be after the kneelers. They don’t give a crap about making Trump look good or bad—they just want their brother or uncle out of jail.

The kneelers say they care about injustice—Donald Trump just empowered them to actually DO something about it.
i have to admit i missed the politics on this one. good call. Basically it's put up or shut up.
They'll say "it's racist" or some such,and the media won't press them on it.

But pardon would be given if warranted -we know this about Trump

So you're admitting...The kneeling doesn't really matter...It's just to make the world more messy...

I am saying Trump's offering an olive branch is bullchit... He doesn't mean it.. He already suggested that law enforcement knock heads and he couldn't take a stand against violence in Charlottesville.

Donald Trump has grown frustrated with Theresa May’s “school mistress” tone, allies of the president have told The Telegraph, as it emerged the pair will not hold formal talks at the G7 summit in Canada.

The US president is said to bristle at the Prime Minister’s approach during phone calls, with Mrs May quick to get into policy details rather than wider conversation.

One senior US diplomat said Mr Trump had expressed annoyance at Mrs May’s frequent demands, which are seen as taking advantage of the UK-US relationship.

The comments made to this newspaper chime with a report in The Washington Post on Thursday that Mr Trump sees Mrs May as too politically correct after she rebuked him over claims that parts of London have become “no-go” areas.
. . . .

Mrs May is not alone in failing to build a rapport with Mr Trump. Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, has a frosty relationship with the US president, who often swipes at her country’s trade policies.

And many Western leaders have done little to hide their anger at the US president's decisions over Iran and tariffs, going public with their criticism in recent weeks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...il&utm_term=0_10959edeb5-53cc55d844-190079925

He's also pissed of Macron, Trudeau and Merkel........ and he's just getting started.

I am saying Trump's offering an olive branch is bullchit... He doesn't mean it.. He already suggested that law enforcement knock heads and he couldn't take a stand against violence in Charlottesville.
He isn't offering you an olive branch. If the kneeling is actually meant to make a difference, they wouldn't ignore him because they "don't like him". Unless the kneeling is only personal and a publicity stunt. And meant, as I said, to just make the country a messier place...
You understand "messy", correct?

"TRUMP: As I said on -- remember this -- Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-charlottesville-transcript-20170815-story.html

:dunno:

Back