Trump Media stock tanks as new filing reveals heavy losses

Social media platforms make $$ from advertising. But the Toadstool's brand is poison. Big advertisers don't want to be besmirched by it.

With such short messages, it is hard to hide an advertisement in Twitter or any other microblog. Besides, with the online advertisement collapse, there is not much money to go around.

No one could figure out what Musk was doing when he made such a large offer for Twitter. We all thought maybe he was smarter than us, and saw a path to profit we did not. He tried desperately to get out of the deal, once he realized that he was an idiot. Now, he cannot even pay his bills, and has lost over $30 billion.

trump is suing the people who came up with the idea for truth social. Which makes Musk look like a genius.

I just do not see a way they can make money.

They lost 50 million last year. The IPO was the money-making scheme. If Trump could have unloaded all his stock in the first week he would have made a huge fortune. Now investors are looking at it as an investment. It fails under that scrutiny. So as expected, Trump is trying to cheat others out of their chance to reap the rewards. He wants it all.

They lost 50 million last year. The IPO was the money-making scheme. If Trump could have unloaded all his stock in the first week he would have made a huge fortune. Now investors are looking at it as an investment. It fails under that scrutiny. So as expected, Trump is trying to cheat others out of their chance to reap the rewards. He wants it all.

trump is suing the founders of truth social just at the same time he is trying to convince everyone it is a great idea. his stupidity is off the charts.

trump is suing the founders of truth social just at the same time he is trying to convince everyone it is a great idea. his stupidity is off the charts.

Agreed. It's like he wants to air his dirty laundry to the public. WTF is wrong with him?

I hope those being sued fight back and take it to court so all the inside bullshit can become a matter of record.

Agreed. It's like he wants to air his dirty laundry to the public. WTF is wrong with him?

I hope those being sued fight back and take it to court so all the inside bullshit can become a matter of record.

It is a crazy situation. trump would rather lose than win with someone else winning. he really has no head for business.

With Musk it was he couldn't keep his mouth shut then found himself with his wallet shoved in his own throat and forced to buy Twitter because he had locked himself in legally.
Good point. I think he was originally showing off, and then tried to back down. Shares of the stock climbed as a result of his big mouth.

I believe he was then facing legal issues if he defaulted.

Think about it for a minute. Musk wants to make a massive Everything App, that can sell you car insurance, get you a date, order a pair of shoes, watch a movie, plan a vacation, keep in touch with your friends from elementary school, etc. So far OK, but his first move is to fire most of his programmers. He needs a huge number of programmers, and instead he fires the programmers he has. Now he tries to hire new programmers, at below market salaries, but without any of the old perks that Twitter used to have. And all this with any prospective applicant knowing how he treated the last programmers.

So obviously, no one any good is applying. It is becoming a joke in the field that anyone who applies to Twitter is too incompetent to get a job.

Well at least he still has one of the greatest names for a micro-blog, Twitter... No, he decided to change that to the letter X.

I am trying to figure out what he bought for the $44 billion. It might be the most amount of money lost by any single person in the history of the world.
Just look at him. He's got very low self esteem, and was probably bullied as a little rich kid.

He inserted himself into that cave rescue years ago and was rejected. So he called the coach a pedophile, and ended up getting a defamation lawsuit dropped.

I don't know how many women he's knocked up? Neither does he.

He challenged Zuckerberg to a MMA match. Have you seen Musk without a shirt?

Like trump, he does all of this for attention. The difference is that Musk can afford to lose a billion here and there as he whores for attention.

He challenged Zuckerberg to a MMA match.

I used to work with a bunch of MMA people when I worked as a bouncer. Most are very reasonable people who are just training to keep active. The ones that were not, we fired as quickly as we could.

Almost none thought that you would challenge someone to a MMA match, or wrestling competition to settle anything. In fact, as a bouncer, you tried your best to avoid fighting.

Only little children believe that adults challenge other adults to MMA matches. By the time children are in their teens, they should put such nonsense behind them.

I used to work with a bunch of MMA people when I worked as a bouncer. Most are very reasonable people who are just training to keep active. The ones that were not, we fired as quickly as we could.

Almost none thought that you would challenge someone to a MMA match, or wrestling competition to settle anything. In fact, as a bouncer, you tried your best to avoid fighting.

Only little children believe that adults challenge other adults to MMA matches. By the time children are in their teens, they should put such nonsense behind them.
When I was training I met a guy who worked as a bouncer. The best bouncers aim to be smarter than the rowdy drunks and avoid having to hurt anyone.

One of his best ploys was to eventually agree to go outside with a fool who simply wouldn't stop challenging him.

"OK. Let's go outside"

The moment the guy went through the door, he closed and locked it.

When I was training I met a guy who worked as a bouncer. The best bouncers aim to be smarter than the rowdy drunks and avoid having to hurt anyone.

One of his best ploys was to eventually agree to go outside with a fool who simply wouldn't stop challenging him.

"OK. Let's go outside"

The moment the guy went through the door, he closed and locked it.

It is mostly about just trying to keep them quiet. If you beat them up, they will just make more noise. Worse yet, the police might be called, and your club will get a reputation for being a neighborhood problem. It is a short skip and a jump to getting the liquor license pulled.

I have used the Road House trick more often than I would like to admit. I am sure it goes back to before the Road House, but we all knew it as the Road House trick. The only problem with it is that sometimes you get stuck with some drunk guy screaming out in front of the neighbors in the middle of the night. I guess Patrick Swayze never had to deal with that, because the road house was by definition out in the middle of nowhere.

My favorite trick was to create a sense of urgency. Just keep agreeing with them, but say that they have to "get it done", and "come on, come on, you will miss it." You then walk them to a cab, and hand the taxi cab driver $20 to take them where ever they wanted to go. It got them out of the neighborhood. The only problem is that cab drivers would begin to catch onto the fact you are putting problems into their cab.

how long did it take for Amazon to make money?

Hey stupid.

Amazon like many GROWTH companies in its early years runs an operating profit but was not bottom line profitable due how much they were spending on growth.

Trump's company, in contrast, is not growing and its core business is not on any trajectory to see profitability.

To make it even more simply if tomorrow you give Trumps company $14 to fund them, your Return on Investment will be $1.

They lost $49MM to generate $13MM.

Hey stupid.

Amazon like many GROWTH companies in its early years runs an operating profit but was not bottom line profitable due how much they were spending on growth.

Trump's company, in contrast, is not growing and its core business is not on any trajectory to see profitability.

To make it even more simply if tomorrow you give Trumps company $14 to fund them, your Return on Investment will be $1.

They lost $49MM to generate $13MM.

so you're doing mark to model?

how long did it take for Amazon to make money?

It took Amazon 6 years to make a profit, because they kept expanding into new areas. Each of their ventures individually took about 2 years, and sometimes 1 year to generate a profit.

Twitter is 18 years old, and has never generated a profit.

truth social is more of an extremely poorly executed Twitter, than an Amazon.

Or put another way, how is trump airlines, or trump water?

It took Amazon 6 years to make a profit, because they kept expanding into new areas. Each of their ventures individually took about 2 years, and sometimes 1 year to generate a profit.

and they kept on working for the government.

Pentagon awards multibillion-dollar cloud contract to Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Oracle
Brian Fung
By Brian Fung, CNN
3 minute read
Updated 4:37 PM EST, Thu December 8, 2022

The Defense Department has named Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Oracle as the winners of a multibillion-dollar cloud computing contract whose predecessor the Pentagon had to cancel amid Amazon’s allegations that then-President Donald Trump had interfered in the award process.

The contracts announced Wednesday evening for the Joint Warfighting Cloud Capability (JWCC) call for providing the military with “globally available cloud services across all security domains and classification levels, from the strategic level to the tactical edge,” through mid-2028.

The multiple winners are eligible to receive a combined total of up to $9 billion under the program.

Each of the four tech companies is guaranteed at least $100,000 under the contract, defense officials said at a press briefing Thursday. The use of multiple tech firms for the cloud services instead of just one will make the work cheaper and more resilient, the officials added.

The new contract will allow US military personnel across the globe to access top-secret information in the cloud, said John Sherman, the Pentagon’s chief information officer. That means US military officers in remote places — aboard a ship in the Pacific, for example — will have better access to sensitive data when they need it most, Sherman told reporters.

The massive IT contract will help the US military as it looks for a technological edge on potential adversaries, he said.

“Leveraging US companies that are world leaders on this is what we absolutely have to have to be able to stay ahead of these pacing challenges,” Sherman told reporters. “This puts us where we need to be as a Department of Defense and protecting what we need to protect.”

The Pentagon’s multi-vendor approach diverges from its prior cloud contracting effort, the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI), which focused on procuring a single cloud vendor for the entire military.

The JEDI contract was initially awarded to Microsoft in 2019, a deal potentially worth up to $10 billion over 10 years. But it quickly became bogged down in a legal battle after Amazon alleged Trump “launched repeated public and behind-the-scenes attacks” against the company in an effort to undermine its contracting bid and to hurt then-CEO Jeff Bezos, “his perceived political enemy,” because of his ownership of The Washington Post.

In 2020, the Pentagon said it wanted to re-evaluate its decision to award Microsoft the deal. And it formally canceled the JEDI contract last year, starting over with a new solicitation under the JWCC.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/tech/pentagon-cloud-contract-big-tech/index.html

Just look at him. He's got very low self esteem, and was probably bullied as a little rich kid.

He inserted himself into that cave rescue years ago and was rejected. So he called the coach a pedophile, and ended up getting a defamation lawsuit dropped.

I don't know how many women he's knocked up? Neither does he.

He challenged Zuckerberg to a MMA match. Have you seen Musk without a shirt?

Like trump, he does all of this for attention. The difference is that Musk can afford to lose a billion here and there as he whores for attention.

Remember when he had his car shot into space? It's still out there somewhere. His ginormous ego is nearly as large as space.

yup.

Twitter or Facebook are much better models to compare to Truth Social than Amazon.

What both Facebook and Twitter were able to sell to investors in the early, unprofitable years, that drove their value was massive user base growth, with the promise that such a large base could be monetized in many ways in the future.

This is Truth Social growth which was highest when they launched and has been declining ever since.

8ll8uz.jpg

Compare that too...

10047.jpeg

FT_16.03.17_twitter_globalUsers.png

Remember when he had his car shot into space? It's still out there somewhere. His ginormous ego is nearly as large as space.

you're just jealous that there are vitually no women as smart and effective as elon.

know your place, dum dum.

the only woman who could become a aerospace and automotive tycoon would have a dick and balls.
:chuckle:

yup.

Twitter or Facebook are much better models to compare to Truth Social than Amazon.

What both Facebook and Twitter were able to sell to investors in the early, unprofitable years, that drove their value was massive user base growth, with the promise that such a large base could be monetized in many ways in the future.

This is Truth Social growth which was highest when they launched and has been declining ever since.

8ll8uz.jpg

Compare that too...

10047.jpeg

FT_16.03.17_twitter_globalUsers.png

Facebook is for gay boomers and retards.
:tardthoughts:

yup.

the future is conservative because libs are nihilist and believe in encouraging their children to sterilize themselves.

the future is brighter for the conservative narrative.

:truestory:

It is mostly about just trying to keep them quiet. If you beat them up, they will just make more noise. Worse yet, the police might be called, and your club will get a reputation for being a neighborhood problem. It is a short skip and a jump to getting the liquor license pulled.

I have used the Road House trick more often than I would like to admit. I am sure it goes back to before the Road House, but we all knew it as the Road House trick. The only problem with it is that sometimes you get stuck with some drunk guy screaming out in front of the neighbors in the middle of the night. I guess Patrick Swayze never had to deal with that, because the road house was by definition out in the middle of nowhere.

My favorite trick was to create a sense of urgency. Just keep agreeing with them, but say that they have to "get it done", and "come on, come on, you will miss it." You then walk them to a cab, and hand the taxi cab driver $20 to take them where ever they wanted to go. It got them out of the neighborhood. The only problem is that cab drivers would begin to catch onto the fact you are putting problems into their cab.
LOL. My buddy did tell me his story years before Road House came out, but he agrees. Just keep things calm and definitely avoid police at any cost.

You have to be a little nutty to be a bouncer, unless it's for drink specials and an unlimited number of women at your fingertips.

Back