trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

19875472_10207127528105884_8656713045223419246_n.jpg

Because he tells me I should drive a Prius lol?

After you, Al.

Al Gore mainly argues for systemic change.

I'm personally not an AGW guy, and I have a lot of criticisms of Gore's approach. But I find the faux hypocrisy charges silly.

And what I find sillier is that people make up their mind on the issue based on how they feel about Gore. Those folks really shouldn't vote.

Seems to me that:

I mole of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] is about 44gm. 12gm C + 2 x 16gm O.

Therefore 40 billion tonnes of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] is about 900,000,000,000,000 moles of CO[SUB]2
[/SUB]
At STP - 273 Kelvin (0 °C) and 1 atmosphere - a mole of gas occupies 22.4 litres

Therefore at STP, 900,000,000,000,000 moles of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] occupy about 20,000,000,000,000,000 litres

20,000 km[SUP]3[/SUP]

About 27 km cubed.

What basic mistake have I made?

Last edited:
Seems to me that:

Therefore 40 billion tonnes of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] is about 900,000,000,000,000 moles of CO[SUB]2
[/SUB]
At STP - 273 Kelvin and I atmosphere - a mole of gas occupies 22.4 litres

Therefore at STP, 900,000,000,000,000 moles of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] occupies about 20,000,000,000,000,000 litres

20,000 km[SUP]3[/SUP]

About 27 km cubed.

Assuming standard temperature and pressure lol?

What is "pressure lol"?

Totally off topic, but ask me if I care...

The mosquitoes are fierce this year, and I'm looking into building a bat house (not a bath house - that's where Ant works).
I have a 10" table saw, a 12" band saw, and a 10" compound mitre saw, all of which I operate comfortably, confidently, and safely.
I'm not a cabinet maker, but I have done plenty of rough framing, using 2 x 4 s and 2 x 6s. My house is located on a 1.5 acre heavily-treed lot in the countryside.

I have so far, in my quest for knowledge, accessed 2 of many internet sites:

http://www.batmanagement.com/Ordering/batboxes/smallbox.html
https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/plans-projects/build-bat-house

but I'm more interested in advice from a woodworking expert.
That be you, X.O.

Are you familiar with bat houses, and can you direct me to a good site.
My time is limited: I'm approaching my 80th. birthday (give or take a few years), so I've gotta get at this project, before I have to go to bed each night, with a litre of blood in a plastic bag hanging over my head.

Thanks.

Totally off topic, but ask me if I care...

The mosquitoes are fierce this year, and I'm looking into building a bat house (not a bath house - that's where Ant works).
I have a 10" table saw, a 12" band saw, and a 10" compound mitre saw, all of which I operate comfortably, confidently, and safely.
I'm not a cabinet maker, but I have done plenty of rough framing, using 2 x 4 s and 2 x 6s. My house is located on a 1.5 acre heavily-treed lot in the countryside.

I have so far, in my quest for knowledge, accessed 2 of many internet sites:

http://www.batmanagement.com/Ordering/batboxes/smallbox.html
https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/plans-projects/build-bat-house

but I'm more interested in advice from a woodworking expert.
That be you, X.O.

Are you familiar with bat houses, and can you direct me to a good site.
My time is limited: I'm approaching my 80th. birthday (give or take a few years), so I've gotta get at this project, before I have to go to bed each night, with a litre of blood in a plastic bag hanging over my head.

Thanks.
Sorry to disappear on ya. Those plans look like what I've built. Not a big deal to build them. They use plywood, but I'd use rough-cut lumber. Hemlock or fir would be fine. Douglas fir or Redwood if you want it to last the longest and it's handy especially if it's re-purposed. Wouldn't have to score the surface to provide a grip surface for them with rough-cut too.
Thicker means a little more insulated and easier to dado or rabbet, especially if you don't have a dado set. But there's really no need to. Just space out the partitions with strips of wood. Use your finish nailer to assemble then screw it. I prefer using Grip Rite 6 point star bit fasteners for nearly everything anymore.

Just paint the outside real well, make it weather proof and have someone else hang it. It'll be heavy.
PM me if you want.

The gang that couldn't shoot straight:

[h=1]Trump says no sanctions talk with Putin, contradicting Tillerson's account[/h] By Elliot Smilowitz - 07/09/17 08:53 AM EDT

President Trump on Sunday said he did not discuss new U.S. sanctions against Moscow with Russian President Vladimir Putin, contradicting Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
“Sanctions were not discussed at my meeting with President Putin. Nothing will be done until the Ukrainian & Syrian problems are solved!” Trump tweeted Sunday morning.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...talk-with-putin-after-tillerson-said-they-did
Are you really a retired school teacher? Heh, heh, heh.

Sorry to disappear on ya. Those plans look like what I've built. Not a big deal to build them. They use plywood, but I'd use rough-cut lumber. Hemlock or fir would be fine. Douglas fir or Redwood if you want it to last the longest and it's handy especially if it's re-purposed. Wouldn't have to score the surface to provide a grip surface for them with rough-cut too.
Thicker means a little more insulated and easier to dado or rabbet, especially if you don't have a dado set. But there's really no need to. Just space out the partitions with strips of wood. Use your finish nailer to assemble then screw it. I prefer using Grip Rite 6 point star bit fasteners for nearly everything anymore.

Just paint the outside real well, make it weather proof and have someone else hang it. It'll be heavy.
PM me if you want.

Thank you.
I'll reread this in the morning and get back to you.

https://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2015/09/evolving-climate-math-of-flying-vs-driving/

Seat-spinning research

One of the few researchers trying to make a straight, consistent comparison across the U.S transportation sector is Michael Sivak of the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute. In working papers released over the past two years, Sivak has attempted to overturn the conventional wisdom: His main recent finding is that the average energy intensity of driving is about twice that of flying, a conclusion based on the current average on-road fuel economy of cars, pick-up trucks, SUVs, and vans (21.6 mpg).
Thanks. Yeah, on a passenger-mile basis, some cars under some conditions are comparable to many planes.

I think the thing to focus on here though, is just the fact that the distances are so great when you travel by plane. That's why a single international trip involves such huge emissions. Distance-wise, it can easily equal the distance you drive your car in a year, and more.

Seems to me that:

[/SUB]
At STP - 273 Kelvin (0 °C) and 1 atmosphere - a mole of gas occupies 22.4 litres

Therefore at STP, 900,000,000,000,000 moles of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] occupy about 20,000,000,000,000,000 litres

20,000 km[SUP]3[/SUP]

About 27 km cubed.

You didn't use exponential notation in the second and fourth lines.
Otherwise, looks good to me....

That's like saying there is a discernible difference between drinking a glass of water & 20 gallons of water when compared to worldwide water consumption as a whole.

Is there a difference? Sure. Is there a difference when it comes to worldwide consumption? Well, sort of.

If what you wanted to argue is that the impact of any single individual is minuscule, then yes, of course that's correct.

However, a "systemic" change does not happen all at once. It happens precisely because more and more people get behind it, agitate for it, convince their friends and family and even strangers that it is good, noble, even necessary.

THAT is when systemic change finally becomes possible, and not before.

And that's why we each of us hafta do what we can, even if our own contributions are minuscule.

...if you want, you can consider that it's kinda like voting....

early morning tomorrow, g'nite

The staunch Republican owner of our rural grocery store switched to paper bags. He may be an old-time Republican, but he's not an idiot.

The city of Seattle banned plastic bags and the paper bags come with a charge. So, yeah, next up is safe zones for junkies to shoot-up heroin while health professionals stand around watching...

Seems to me that:

[/SUB]

20,000 km[SUP]3[/SUP]

About 27 km cubed.

IUPAC has changed the definition of STP from 273 K, 1 atm (101.3 kPa) to 273 K, 1 bar (100.0 kPa)]. Hence the molar volume of an ideal gas at STP has changed from 22.4 L/mol to 22.7 L/mol.

Sent from my iPhone 25S with cherries on top

If what you wanted to argue is that the impact of any single individual is minuscule, then yes, of course that's correct.

However, a "systemic" change does not happen all at once. It happens precisely because more and more people get behind it, agitate for it, convince their friends and family and even strangers that it is good, noble, even necessary.

THAT is when systemic change finally becomes possible, and not before.

And that's why we each of us hafta do what we can, even if our own contributions are minuscule.

...if you want, you can consider that it's kinda like voting....

early morning tomorrow, g'nite

For some reason folks want to believe that people don't matter until war. Then martial bodies matter.

Back