Trump’s fury over Harris’ switch with Biden is increasingly driving his campaign

Yep. Identify grievances and willing victims. Come up with some enemies to hate. Convince the marks that the enemies -- even if they are your own neighbors and fellow citizens -- deserve hating and worse. Inform them that only you can stand between them and the enemies. Rinse, repeat.
And especially, repeat the lie as often as possible and it becomes the truth.

The comparisons to Nazi Germany are overdone IMO but in the case of Der Gropingfuehrer and his good little Germans, it's apt. We live in one of the world's most prosperous and free nations. Yet these people choose to wallow in the sewer of hate and grievance willingly. They are blind to the good all around us and to our many blessings. We see the forum's MAGATs whining and weeping and hating here every single day. It boggles the mind to realize that they are legion.

Maybe we need to add Prozac to the nation's public water supply along with fluoride.
The trouble with Trump is what Marco Rubio put his finger on at the beginning of the 2016 primary season - he's a con man, the first con man in the history of the nation that made it all the way to the White House. Comparisons with Hitler are nonsense except in that one respect - the ability to enrapture an audience. He has nothing else. Can you imagine Trump sitting in prison writing a 700 page book. It's unlikely he's read a serious book in fifty years. Trump's voters excuse any fault, buy any promise. That there aren't enough of them is what the near term future of the country depends on.

I have no doubt who the good guys are and who the bad guys are...no doubt at all...
Some of your favorite words that you enjoy applying to others apply to you, as well. Unwell. Confused. Hangry. In a bubble. Not right. Sick. Crazy.

Please let me know if I missed any.

Exactly. That's also a favorite tactic of a couple of our less intelligent posters -- pEarl and Toxic. Both are great examples of MAGATs who wallow in the swamps of despair, grievance, bitterness, and rage. Sad.
...bitterness, and rage and obsession with other posters. Sad and then some.

The trouble with Trump is what Marco Rubio put his finger on at the beginning of the 2016 primary season - he's a con man, the first con man in the history of the nation that made it all the way to the White House. Comparisons with Hitler are nonsense except in that one respect - the ability to enrapture an audience. He has nothing else. Can you imagine Trump sitting in prison writing a 700 page book. It's unlikely he's read a serious book in fifty years. Trump's voters excuse any fault, buy any promise. That there aren't enough of them is what the near term future of the country depends on.
Hitler needed an enemy. The Jews were at the top of the list, and the nation began to froth at the mouth.

trump has immigrants. They both attack the 'enemy' in the same fashion.

trump prefers Arian immigrants over brown people, and has admitted as much.

Hitler needed an enemy. The Jews were at the top of the list, and the nation began to froth at the mouth.

Right, enemies are essential. Trump has them all over the place.

Deep into his ranting news conference on Thursday, former President Donald Trump told a truth that explained everything : “I’m very angry at her.”

He was referring to Vice President Kamala Harris, whose late entry into the general election race has left him bitter, disoriented, and mourning the loss of the old campaign — the one he was winning against President Joe Biden.

Trump’s discombobulation was laid bare in a self-pitying and raging stream of consciousness delivered at his New Jersey golf club that raised serious questions about the future trajectory of his quest to return to power.

What'd you expect Trump to do, keep campaigning against Biden...?

You really don't know anything about that period, do you?

No sir...and yes, it is a smart move...You should do the right thing...

So, I suggested above, that you'll be voting Harris-Walz.

I then said smart move.

So then, you'll be voting for Harris/Walz then.

Smart move. 👍🏼

Your response... "...and yes, it is a smart move..." indicates your concurrence that voting for H/W is the smart thing to do.

But you also indicated that no, you won't be voting that way, which suggests you'll be opting instead for the DUMB move.

It's a free country and you're free to any dumb things you want to within the law.

Voting for Trump is one of the dumbest things a person could do, but hey, UBU. 👍🏼

So, I suggested above, that you'll be voting Harris-Walz.

I then said smart move.

Your response... "...and yes, it is a smart move..." indicates your concurrence that voting for H/W is the smart thing to do.

But you also indicated that no, you won't be voting that way, which suggests you'll be opting instead for the DUMB move.

It's a free country and you're free to any dumb things you want to within the law.

Voting for Trump is one of the dumbest things a person could do, but hey, UBU. 👍🏼
I'm voting for the only reasonable option...
I care about my family, my community, and my country...Do you?

His campaign says he will stay on topic for his next few rallies.

They make me laugh…
It's been being said by more and more people, including former members of his cabinet an staff, that Trump either cannot or can just barely read.

Possibly due to some undiagnosed childhood learning disability.

Probably a large ADHD component in there as well.

Toss in an attendant lack of impulse control, and staying on message is probably not even possible for him.

Back