Uh oh - Palin invokes God for military missions

"She urged students to pray “that our leaders -- that our national leaders -- are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God.”

She added, “That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.”

"She urged students to pray “that our leaders -- that our national leaders -- are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God.”

She added, “That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.”

She's like the gift that keeps on giving. I still can't get over it. And Dixie thinks that "you people" don't know what's going to hit us. Um, Ok.

LOL.... That's it DemoHeathens... keep on bashing God!! Just keep on running your profane godless heathen mouths... keep bashing... pour it on thick! You're about to feel the wrath of the religious right, and probably whatever remains of the religious left too! Just PLEASE keep bashing God... making off-color tasteless jokes about God... making fun of people who believe in God... It's going to come back to bite you in the ass with a vengeance. Wait and see! :)

I don't get it. Sounds like she is asking them to pray that our leaders have done the right thing or that ultimately good will come of it.

Remember... there was a real good reason Bill Clinton toted that Bible around with him after his affair with Monica... A real good reason Gore and Kerry became singers in black churches during their campaigns... And a real good reason Obama insisted he was a Christian. You apparently are oblivious to the fact the vast and overwhelming majority of America is religious and believes in God... particularly those in flyover country where your guy really needs to garner support.... but don't listen to little ol' me... what do I know? Just keep lamenting your anti-religious message for the world to hear! LOUDER, PLEASE!!! I CAN'T HEARRRRR YOUUUU!!!!

Remember... there was a real good reason Bill Clinton toted that Bible around with him after his affair with Monica... A real good reason Gore and Kerry became singers in black churches during their campaigns... And a real good reason Obama insisted he was a Christian. You apparently are oblivious to the fact the vast and overwhelming majority of America is religious and believes in God... particularly those in flyover country where your guy really needs to garner support.... but don't listen to little ol' me... what do I know? Just keep lamenting your anti-religious message for the world to hear! LOUDER, PLEASE!!! I CAN'T HEARRRRR YOUUUU!!!!

I LOVE GOD!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ls8Mhoafn0"]YouTube - My Sweet Lord[/ame]

LOL.... That's it DemoHeathens... keep on bashing God!! Just keep on running your profane godless heathen mouths... keep bashing... pour it on thick! You're about to feel the wrath of the religious right, and probably whatever remains of the religious left too! Just PLEASE keep bashing God... making off-color tasteless jokes about God... making fun of people who believe in God... It's going to come back to bite you in the ass with a vengeance. Wait and see! :)

Ah....the ol' "just you wait!" You were saying that all through 2005. You really showed us.

Oh - can you show me exactly where we "bashed God?" Exact sentence, please.

So she is religious and encourages people to pray. This is bad?

You brain dead, neuron deficient liberals are REALLY getting desperate. Praying that our leaders make proper choices is a very common prayer.

We probably invoke that prayer "that our leaders can (insert various phrases meaning make good choices)" (repsonse: "We pray to the Lord.") probably comes up at least every other week. We also pray for the safety of our soldiers in harm's way.

Again, is there something wrong with that?

"So she is religious and encourages people to pray. This is bad?"

Um, no.

I think it's the "task from God" stuff that people might raise an eyebrow or 2 on, though.

our plan is gods plan ?

Sounds like a crusade mentality to me.

No different from the mentality of the Islamic radical militants. It is Allah's will ....

Pathetic humans. But who is the bigger fool in this case the leader or the follower ?

Last edited:
"So she is religious and encourages people to pray. This is bad?"

Um, no.

I think it's the "task from God" stuff that people might raise an eyebrow or 2 on, though.
Only if they WANT to find something wrong with praying for our leadership to make good decisions. (Kinda like when the far left accused Bush of "talking to God" as if Bush claimed he received answers.)

From the aspect of a religious person, this would include praying that a leaders decision is, indeed, part of God's will, and not part of our own will, and thereby a mistake.

In fact, the way she worded it (assuming your quote is correct and not an all-too-common misquote) implies to me - an admittedly religious person - that she quite probably has doubts about our actions under current leadership, and is praying that God can turn that into part of His plan.

I have to agree with Good Luck. She is praying that our leaders make and have made the right choice or that ultimately good will come of it. I don't see anything wrong with that. She is not saying it's a holy war. You are reading into it.

Back