Uh-oh, Reedy Creek will outlast DeSantis!

Anyone has a right to express such an opinion. I think having a pride day helps break the harm causing cycle of shame on homosexuality and our younger homosexual population.

The shame belongs to those teaching perversion to six year old girls and boys.

The great governor of Florida just stopped it in Florida.

Not any more than I am with the cities that changed zoning, tax code and permits to keep Chick-Fil-A from their streets for one person's political expression.

In my world Disney wouldn't have received special dispensation to create their own special tax district where they "taxed themselves". Now if they really intended to "punish" Disney for what they said they would try to take away the $578M in tax credits for building new housing, etc. for employees being brought over from California. Of course those are tax credits that any corporation can get from Florida.

Do you really believe that Disney will "make out like a bandit" from this? I'm asking so that we know what you really think now and for entertainment value once we get back to this in the future. If I'm wrong I will say so. Will you?

I think there is a good chance Disney will end up ahead here and its no coincidence that they were/are one of DeSantis's biggest financial supporters. https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-pac-disney-contributions-1699788

I also think its very funny how you dodge the question relating to Chick-Fil-a. What governor running for president did that?

I am willing to call out government punishment for expressing political opinions, regardless of if its Chick-Fil-A or Disney, you seem reluctant to express an opinion when its DeSantis doing the punishment.

I think there is a good chance Disney will end up ahead here and its no coincidence that they were/are one of DeSantis's biggest financial supporters. https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-pac-disney-contributions-1699788

I also think its very funny how you dodge the question relating to Chick-Fil-a. What governor running for president did that?

I am willing to call out government punishment for expressing political opinions, regardless of if its Chick-Fil-A or Disney, you seem reluctant to express an opinion when its DeSantis doing the punishment.

I am against "punishing" corporations for things that folks that run it say. I thought that would be clear with my reference. I would advise DeSantis against this, and for that reason. Folks that run companies get to say things that you disagree with, even if you really disagree "bigly"....

Nobody in Florida was doing that! The Authoritarian DeSantis did not stop anything, and if he did... he did it by crushing the Constitution.

I am against "punishing" corporations for things that folks that run it say. I thought that would be clear with my reference. I would advise DeSantis against this, and for that reason. Folks that run companies get to say things that you disagree with, even if you really disagree "bigly"....

Good, finally. SO will you say you are against DeSantis for having done so?

It appears to me, you hide from expressing opinions against Conservative with vagaries.

Good, finally. SO will you say you are against DeSantis for having done so

I would say I don't like this particular thing that the republicans did in Florida. No party is a perfect reflection of our beliefs, well no party with a chance at getting elected.... the only way that would happen is if you changed your values to match the party you want to win. I don't do that.

Nonsense.

"If you do not service your debt, you do not get more loans."

Tell that to Slow Joe and the student loan forgiveness plan.

That actually is a similar example. The student loans were guaranteed by the federal government, so are being paid back by the federal government. The lenders will continue to give loans, because they know the loans will be repaid.

If DeSantis has a hissy fit, and refuses to pay bonds he does not like, then lenders will start to think he might have another hissy fit. He does seem to be hissy fit inclined. No one is going to loan Florida money based on little hissy fits promise not to throw any more hissy fits.

Good, finally. SO will you say you are against DeSantis for having done so?

It appears to me, you hide from expressing opinions against Conservative with vagaries.

I loved how you said "finally" as if I didn't actually reference something I disagreed with, that you and I spoke about at that time. I'm sorry for thinking you were intelligent enough to pick up on that. It made me chuckle a bit.

It was not happening in Florida, he stopped nothing. If it did happen in Florida, it would be shameful.

He could have passed the same law without punishing Disney for expressing an opinion.

In the short run, they are going to reward DeSantis for punishing free speech.

Who is "they"? Floridian redistricting? Note that while Florida appears to be a solid red state due to redistricting, the actual Floridian split is evenly split. The only way Republicans can keep winning is by cheating.

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections...orts/voter-registration-by-party-affiliation/
Republican 5,145,983
Democrat 5,034,448
Minor party 256,560
No party 3,871,336
Total 14,308,327

In 2021, Democrats registered 35.6%, Republicans 35.9%, and 28.5% other.

Saving this one:

Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Disney is definitely moving out of Florida. This is a huge opportunity for many other states.

Who is "they"? Floridian redistricting? Note that while Florida appears to be a solid red state due to redistricting, the actual Floridian split is evenly split. The only way Republicans can keep winning is by cheating.

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections...orts/voter-registration-by-party-affiliation/
Republican 5,145,983
Democrat 5,034,448
Minor party 256,560
No party 3,871,336
Total 14,308,327

In 2021, Democrats registered 35.6%, Republicans 35.9%, and 28.5% other.

They are Republican voters who will reelect DeSantis and likely nominate him for the Presidency.

It's such a massive undertaking, I think Disney stays put and laughs all the way to the bank as this plays out.

To keep an operation that big going, you need a massive amount of infrastructure. Disney was willing to pay for that infrastructure through special development districts like Reedy Creek. When you take away those, Disney becomes dependent on Florida's government to supply the infrastructure.

I think over time, DeSantis will let that infrastructure collapse. It will take a decade or two, so there is a real chance that he will be out of office in time... But Disney will start moving anyway. The only question here is how quickly, and what they are willing to leave behind. If DeSantis continues his attack, then within a decade not much left behind.

It was not happening in Florida, he stopped nothing. If it did happen in Florida, it would be shameful.

He could have passed the same law without punishing Disney for expressing an opinion.

The bill was passed for a reason. Disney supports the teaching of perversion to children.

You can continue to say that black is white but it really, really isn't, Walter.

Back