Uh-Oh

I think that because they mentioned the whole supposed sex thing in the story that will gain him the most. Especially with no evidence it just appears to be a smear.

Oh stop salivating.

Plenty of them still hate him.

It will take more than this.

I think that because they mentioned the whole supposed sex thing in the story that will gain him the most. Especially with no evidence it just appears to be a smear.

Several of the people who worked for him said it Damo. Its the favors that count anyway.

"I'm still scared though - will this be enough to overcome the big reemergence of "The Xerox" line, predicted by WRL to be used against Obama????"

Oh, that is just too good....

Someone’s not telling the truth:

"No representative of Paxson or Alcalde & Fay (Viki Iseman’s lobbying firm) personally asked Senator McCain to send a letter to the FCC" – February 2008 McCain campaign statement e-mailed to reporters.

"I was contacted by Mr. Paxson on this issue. He wanted their approval very bad for purposes of his business. I believe that Mr. Paxson had a legitimate complaint." -- Sworn Testimony from JOHN McCAIN to FCC, in September 2002

http://www.newsweek.com/id/114505

Superfreak, the only wiggle room I see here , is you might be able to hang your hat on the clever use of the term "personally asked" to write a letter in the February email to reporters. It might be a clever legal ruse, some wiggle room as it were, to suggest that McCain HIMSELF, was never "personally" asked to literally write a letter. One can certainly imply what one wants a Senator to do, without literally telling him he physically has to "write a letter"

Here is the real interesting thing, how long have the NYT been sitting on this story?

Why exactly would a newspaper ENDORSE A CANDIDATE when they knew about this story?

Could it be so they could play a part in nominating the corpse and then railroad him?

nah..

"I'm still scared though - will this be enough to overcome the big reemergence of "The Xerox" line, predicted by WRL to be used against Obama????"

Oh, that is just too good....
See? Funny. It's going to be used often and will make people laugh.

Oh that is gold Cy

If I was some hotshot VIP, I could certainly walk into a senators office, and ask him to do something about expediting a pending case for my clients.

But, I didn't literally, personally "ask him to write a letter". I just asked for some help, in some way.

See how that works? I know how lawyers work and how they write things to give clients wiggle room. :)

Yep McClown is running up against the campaign spending limpts he backed and trying to withdraw from the federal money, but can't wiggle out as he used matching funds for collateral on a loan and other issues.

This is getting fun.

Really US? Because I could have sworn he used a life insurance policy and his mailing lists as collateral on that loan. How sure are you?

Give me a break.

Democrats have gone to the polls 2 to 1 over the republicans.

Obama got 200,000 more votes in Wisconsin than all the republican votes put together.

Republican identity dwindles by the day and even if every last one of them circled the wagons around McCain, he would still be Barry Goldwater.

as mentioned before... they have traditionally been heavier at the polls in the primaries. But in the past that has not equated to similar results at the general election.

Hes toast, there is talk of his campaign running out of money too.

I dont think the big donnors are going to waste their money on this guy.

They may just walk over the aisle and try to buy Obama's favors.
I heard on none other than El Rushbo yesterday that the FEC is looking into whether or not McCain secured a loan with the PROMISE that he would seek federal election funds which he has now rejected, The story indicates that if there was a promise to secure the loan with federal matching funds and he then back out of the Fed matching funds he would have violated the law.

Really US? Because I could have sworn he used a life insurance policy and his mailing lists as collateral on that loan. How sure are you?

I have read it on at least 2 different news posts from news agancies not blogs. I think you may be thingking of an earlier loan.

I heard on none other than El Rushbo yesterday that the FEC is looking into whether or not McCain secured a loan with the PROMISE that he would seek federal election funds which he has now rejected, The story indicates that if there was a promise to secure the loan with federal matching funds and he then back out of the Fed matching funds he would have violated the law.

he told them he would seek it IF he was unable to raise the funds. He collateralized the loan with a life insurance policy and his contributor lists. He gave additional assurances to the bank that IF he needed to, he could also seek federal funds.

he paid the loan back so is no longer responsible to that promise.

There is also the fact that the FEC does not have enough members for a quorum to release McClown from his matching funds commitment right now.

Back