Ukraine controls 1,000 square kilometers of Russia's Kursk Oblast

If this war was fought on social media and Regime media with fiction NATO would have won it a long time ago.

Ukraine says it is continuing to advance, and made gains of 1 to 3 kilometers in the last 24 hours, and is now in control of 74 Russian settlements.

13 members of the UN Security Council said the referendum was invalid but surprisingly Russia vetoed it.
Which validates the referendum. Law rules- right ?

veto-of-shame.jpg

Ukraine is an emerging democracy, it is willing to fight against a ruthless totalitarian enemy, it doesn't cost us a drop of blood, and Ukraine is a European nation which has always been a region of importance to American interests.
California may be of importance to Russian interests- but the Russians haven't organized a coup to secure it or saturated it with weapons for the coup to succeed.
Give unto Russia that which is Russian.

Ukraine controls around 1,000 square km in Russia's Kursk Oblast, Syrskyi says​

Ukrainian forces control about 1,000 square kilometers in Russia's Kursk Oblast as of Aug. 12, Ukraine's Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrskyi said.

As Kyiv's incursion continues into its seventh day, Syrskyi briefed President Volodymyr Zelensky on the "offensive operation" in Kursk Oblast. This marks the first time both Zelensky and Ukraine's military leadership directly confirmed Ukrainian soldiers' presence on Russian soil.

For a number of reasons, this exercise is not a long term possibility. However, it seems that Putin has been using the region to launch attacks against innocent civilians. It appear the Ukraine has now removed that ability. As some point, I believe they will need to pull back and defend key areas of Ukraine.

Or, Putin does something stupid to save face and NATO finally moves in.

For a number of reasons, this exercise is not a long term possibility. However, it seems that Putin has been using the region to launch attacks against innocent civilians. It appear the Ukraine has now removed that ability. As some point, I believe they will need to pull back and defend key areas of Ukraine.

Or, Putin does something stupid to save face and NATO finally moves in.
Makes sense. I am not enough of a military strategist to guess what Ukraine' end game is in Kursk.

It is remarkable that three years ago, Putin blustered that he could conquer Ukraine in two weeks, and now Ukrainian armed forces are occupying Russian terrirory

Makes sense. I am not enough of a military strategist to guess what Ukraine' end game is in Kursk.

It is remarkable that three years ago, Putin blustered that he could conquer Ukraine in two weeks, and now Ukrainian armed forces are occupying Russian terrirory
Three years ago you and I debated whether Ukraine should attack instead of defend. From what I've been hearing from analysts, Kursk was too far for long range weapons to hit the equipment that was killing civilians. I don't believe this is long term, unless it slows Russia's aggression.

So the referendum in Crimea was legal because Russia said it was legal even though everybody else disagreed. And that is your "logic".

Haw..haw...haw.
So genocide in Palestine is legal because Biden vetoed a resolution for a ceasefire- and that is your ' logic ?

Haw, haw...............................haw.

veto-of-shame.jpg

Want the killing to stop. That isn't an all bad thing.
We learned from WWII, and the events before it, that any killing that is stopped by huge amounts more killing is a bad thing. Allowing Putin to massacre the Ukrainians would not be a good thing.

The money supply is decreasing, so no printing of money.

We are mostly giving Ukraine old weapons we would have thrown away.
How many brigades does it take to control 1000 square kilometers?
How many divisions does it take to keep those combat forces supplied?

You dems need to stick with board wars because you're clueless about tactical operations.

Russia and China have decided that this is straight up an American military attack on Russia.

This gets charged.

1000 square km is a square of land with approx 15 mile sides.

That is about the size of most major cities in the U.S. Not LA or Atlanta, but places like Albuquerque or Baltimore.

-

ARTICLE: Kursk: Fighting Russia to the Last UkrainianREAD HERE (read via Telegram since X blocks NEO links): XXXXXXXX"Despite the continued collapse of Ukraine’s fighting capacity because Ukraine is ultimately a proxy of the United States, a difficult and dangerous transition period lies ahead dependent on the extent to which the US seeks to mitigate Ukraine’s subsequent political and territorial collapse.Only time will tell whether the US cuts and runs as it did in Afghanistan, or doubles down as it did in Syria. It should be pointed out, however, that the US withdrew from Afghanistan in 2021 to redirect its resources ahead of Russia’s SMO in 2022. Were the US to cut Ukraine loose, it would only be because the US requires resources for a larger, more dangerous conflict elsewhere – namely in the Asia-Pacific region against China.Either way, when Ukraine’s fighting capacity nears its end, it is likely only wider conflict awaits."

Back