Ukraine running out of ammunition, losing ground

I think it's more that some Republicans have come to the conclusion that spending any more money in the Ukraine war is just throwing good money after bad. I even referenced an article with this idea in post #2 of this thread.

They didn't just come to this conclusion recently.

Republicans haven't passed a dime in military for Ukraine since winning the House back in 2022.

Even better. The U.S. could have saved a lot of money if they'd encouraged Ukraine to take the peace deal Russia offered back in March 2022. Unfortunately, they did the opposite. Below is an article on this that was published at the end of last year:

What the West got wrong in encouraging Ukraine to reject peace and fight Russia - Observers and officials say the war could have ended mere months after it began had it not been for the West encouraging Kyiv to fight to the finish | Inews

Even better. The U.S. could have saved a lot of money if they'd encouraged Ukraine to take the peace deal Russia offered back in March 2022. Unfortunately, they did the opposite. Below is an article on this that was published at the end of last year:

What the West got wrong in encouraging Ukraine to reject peace and fight Russia - Observers and officials say the war could have ended mere months after it began had it not been for the West encouraging Kyiv to fight to the finish | Inews

Not the word I would use.....the West lead by America and GB said basically "If you sign this deal you are dead to us, if you dont then we will support you with everything we have for as long as it takes, and we know that you can beat the Russians".

Not the word I would use.....the West lead by America and GB said basically "If you sign this deal you are dead to us, if you dont then we will support you with everything we have for as long as it takes, and we know that you can beat the Russians".

You may be right. I'll try to look into this further to see if I can get a more detailed idea. What currently comes to mind is another article that happened before the war even started, suggesting that without the west's support, there was no way that Zelensky would be able to make a deal with Russia. Which in turn led to Russia's incursion into Ukraine.

You may be right. I'll try to look into this further to see if I can get a more detailed idea. What currently comes to mind is another article that happened before the war even started, suggesting that without the west's support, there was no way that Zelensky would be able to make a deal with Russia. Which in turn led to Russia's incursion into Ukraine.

Carrots + Sticks is how they roll.....the stick was "If you do this you will be at the total mercy of Russia....you will need to make all of your deals with Russia because you will be dead to us....and a substantial portion of your population hate Russians in full on racist rage....good luck with that".

And Republicans haven't passed a dime in military aid for Ukraine since winning the House back in 2022.

"In recent weeks, Ukraine’s troops have lost ground in the east, as they struggle with dwindling numbers of shells, bullets and even soldiers. And the situation could soon become much worse. U.S. intelligence has predicted that Ukraine may run out air defense missiles by the end of the month."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/03/20/ukraine-weapons-industry-domestic-production/#

The Republicans have tied Ukraine funding to funding for Israeli weapons. It's a tough situation in congress given Israel's recent "whoopsie" in murdering aid workers.

The Republicans have tied Ukraine funding to funding for Israeli weapons. It's a tough situation in congress given Israel's recent "whoopsie" in murdering aid workers.

The Ukraine aid bill passed by the Democratic Senate would easily pass a House floor vote in ten minutes if MAGA Mike Johnson allowed a vote.

The Ukraine aid bill passed by the Democratic Senate would easily pass a House floor vote in ten minutes if MAGA Mike Johnson allowed a vote.

"MAGA" Mike Johnson is being held hostage by the extreme trump cult members in his own caucus, all who are Putin fluffers.

Maybe some of the boards lefties can volunteer their services to Ukraine. They dont have any weapons,...because they dont like guns , but they do come complete with their own uniforms. The woke tranny infantry division will be snapper dressers at least. With their tinkerbell shoes , nylons, flaming red skirts and bright pink pussy hats they will surely be a sight to see. Uri and Boris will fall over dead from belly laughing at just the sight of them....

Maybe some of the boards lefties can volunteer their services to Ukraine. They dont have any weapons,...because they dont like guns , but they do come complete with their own uniforms. The woke tranny infantry division will be snapper dressers at least. With their tinkerbell shoes , nylons, flaming red skirts and bright pink pussy hats they will surely be a sight to see. Uri and Boris will fall over dead from belly laughing at just the sight of them....

Perhaps the biggest problem with Russia is that they flat out refuse to obey the commandments of WOKE....the Revolution is thus currently fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian.

No point in throwing good money after bad.

So no, this is not about fighting for freedom, this is about trying to get all the territory Ukraine has lost since shortly after the Euromaidan coup.

More like some Americans are finally waking up to the fact that there are better ways of spending billions of dollars to prop up a corrupt regime half way around the world.

Trying to protect Europe from Russian encroachment is not a waste of money, and what I think, from the perspective of
Biden, what the real or most important goal of backing Ukraine is.

If Trump gets back in office, he'll very likely abandon NATO.

With Ukraine fallen to Russia, there will be little to stop Putin from devouring as much of Europe as he wants.

Start learning to speak Russian now, so you'll have a jump on everyone else, comrades.

No point in throwing good money after bad. I'm generally not a fan of politicians on both sides of the aisle, but in this case, I'll give a tepid clap for the Republicans. The writing's been on the wall that Ukraine's losing regardless of how much money and weapons is thrown their way for a while now. Here's a good article on the subject written back in February, from a former CIA officer and a retired U.S. Army Colonel:

Throwing Good Money After Bad in Ukraine? | Consortium News

“Good article” why? Consortium News hypes itself as “independent”; don’t believe it. It is pro Russian propaganda dressed up as in depth reporting.

Alexander Mercouris in todays brief reports that the WH had Lasagna Brain Biden call Xi to lecture him on supporting the Russians in Ukraine, and Xi told him to pound sand.

Trying to protect Europe from Russian encroachment is not a waste of money, and what I think, from the perspective of

With Ukraine fallen to Russia, there will be little to stop Putin from devouring as much of Europe as he wants.

Start learning to speak Russian now, so you'll have a jump on everyone else, comrades.

He is Russian propaganda

Impossible. The board lefties have been telling us all along how badly Ukraine has been kicking Russian ass and how terrible the Russian army is. The posts are all over this board and LOTS of them. So,...if Russia cant even beat Ukraine how in the world could they possibly even stand a chance against NATO even if the U.S were not involved? They wouldnt. WORDS HAVE MEANING......;)

Impossible. The board lefties have been telling us all along how badly Ukraine has been kicking Russian ass and how terrible the Russian army is. The posts are all over this board and LOTS of them. So,...if Russia cant even beat Ukraine how in the world could they possibly beat NATO.

Russia is fighting NATO in Ukraine, is kicking our asses, and there is nothing we can do about it without going nuclear.

BTW Europe is in full collapse....it is being called a dead zone...there is nothing there that the Russians want...they are all the way done with the West...the West can sit and spin.

The people who run America and Europe have betrayed their populations and acted continuously without honor...the Russians have nothing but contempt for us.

Back