Ummm...never mind

I think that based on this thread we have all concluded the following:

-Republicans are paid whores in the service of oil companies.

-Superfreak and Chap are Republican hacks.

So anyway, dance some more for us, hacks. Do some spins.

Someone forgot her bitter pills today... you are in way too good a mood.

:cool:

It was seperate from the windfall tax Darla. Had you read your own article you would have noticed that the alt energy subsidies were lumped into a broader $50 billion energy bill.

Thanks for playing. You lose.

And Chap is making the case that, let me quote “I’m against the windfall tax and for alternative energy tax breaks, how do I vote”?

So when you lose, you change what the debate was?

Nice pirouette, hack. Let’s see something from the disco error next.

What part of separately do these “economic gurus” not understand?

My dear Darla, from your article:

""Separately, Democrats also failed to get Republican support for a proposal to extend tax breaks for wind, solar and other alternative energy development, and for the promotion of energy efficiency and conservation. The tax breaks have either expired or are scheduled to end this year.

The tax provisions were included in a broader $50 billion tax measure blocked by a GOP filibuster threat. A vote to take up the measure was 50-44, short of the 60 votes needed""

So they were not a stand alone item to vote on.

From a separate article:

"Senate Republicans today also blocked debate on a tax measure to extend credits for wind, solar and other forms of renewable energy. Republicans objected to that legislation, which was 10 votes shy of the required 60, partly because of concern over the source of funding for the tax breaks."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aZLIe0lJLHt8&refer=home

It was a separate measure, specifically about the tax credits. Insufferable hacks, embarassingly wrong, yet again.

Yes, I would, given that Desh has posted about 50 times today on the subject of how those items were sponsored by Gramm and passed by the Rep Congress in 2000.... yeah, I would guess they are not too eager to see them reversed.

Like I said, get your Dems to put them up as stand alone and see what happens.

But no, you will continue your little spin and pretend they were all by their lonesome and those evil Reps voted against alt energy and not the crap that was attached to it.

It’s a true wonder why they haven’t introduced separate legislation then isn’t it hack?

You see Darla... these are not going to be popular with Reps... the first one is not too bad, but once again I bet they left the definition of gouging very vague. I would have to see the entire section on it to be sure, but I would bet they still don't have a definition so they wanted to create some vague way to fine the oil companies.

-- Require traders to put up more collateral in the energy futures markets and open the way for federal regulation of traders who are based in the United States but use foreign trading platforms. The measures are designed to reduce market speculation.

-- Make oil and gas price gouging a federal crime, with stiff penalties of up to $5 million during a presidentially declared energy emergency.

-- Authorize the Justice Department to bring charges of price fixing against countries that belong to the OPEC oil cartel.

And Chap is making the case that, let me quote “I’m against the windfall tax and for alternative energy tax breaks, how do I vote”?

whats your point? thats my stance.

From a separate article:

"Senate Republicans today also blocked debate on a tax measure to extend credits for wind, solar and other forms of renewable energy. Republicans objected to that legislation, which was 10 votes shy of the required 60, partly because of concern over the source of funding for the tax breaks."

It was a separate measure, specifically about the tax credits. Insufferable hacks, embarassingly wrong, yet again.

They are truly disgusting.

Yes, I noticed his comment and I corrected him as did you to let him know those were not in the same bill.

They voted against the windfall as they should.

Then they voted against a $50 billion energy bill... which included, but was not limited to the alt energy subsidies.

How is that changing the subject? Your leaving out the part that the alt energy was bundled with other crap, does not change the fact that it was brought up in your article.

From a separate article:

It says that no where in your article dude.

Hacks- there is really nothing for you to see on this thread anymore. It's a thread filled to the brim with egg for hacks like yourselves, and clicking on it is the equivalent of heading in face first.

"Oh, if only it was a separate measure...then we'd see the noble GOP strip of the chains of the oil lobbyists & vote for tax breaks for alternatives!"....ooooops!!!!

From a separate article:

According to Darla's original article it was NOT stand alone....

"Separately, Democrats also failed to get Republican support for a proposal to extend tax breaks for wind, solar and other alternative energy development, and for the promotion of energy efficiency and conservation. The tax breaks have either expired or are scheduled to end this year.

The tax provisions were included in a broader $50 billion tax measure blocked by a GOP filibuster threat. A vote to take up the measure was 50-44, short of the 60 votes needed.

The windfall profits bill would have imposed a 25 percent tax on profits over what would be determined "reasonable" when compared to profits several years ago. The oil companies could have avoided the tax if they invested the money in alternative energy projects or refinery expansion. It also would have rescinded oil company tax breaks — worth $17 billion over the next 10 years — with the revenue to be used for tax incentives to producers of wind, solar and other alternative energy sources as well as for energy conservation.

The legislation also would:

-- Require traders to put up more collateral in the energy futures markets and open the way for federal regulation of traders who are based in the United States but use foreign trading platforms. The measures are designed to reduce market speculation.

-- Make oil and gas price gouging a federal crime, with stiff penalties of up to $5 million during a presidentially declared energy emergency.

-- Authorize the Justice Department to bring charges of price fixing against countries that belong to the OPEC oil cartel."

So please, tell us again who the hack is....

You know, when the puke oil whores are swept out of congress and the white house, no one will have it coming more. And their paid whores and message board hacks can do all of the posting of lies and refusing to admit that they were wrong, while their own country’s future burns! That they want to do…won’t matter.

And that’s the only thing that makes this hackery tolerable. Your day is over. Your’e not going to flush our future down the drain for the benefit of the oil companies while making ridiculous excuses. You’re just not going to keep getting the chance to. You are however, going to spend a very well-earned, long period of time, in the political wilderness. And I’ll be smiling.

It says that right at the bottom of the article, dude.

It does NOT say whether that bill was JUST on the subsidies/breaks for alt energy. Darla's article says CLEARLY that it was not stand alone. So at BEST your article contradicts hers.... but if it does, it is not clear. Hers was.

Yet you call us hacks for actually READING her ORIGINAL article. Something which you are going to ignore no doubt.

You know, when the puke oil whores are swept out of congress and the white house, no one will have it coming more. And their paid whores and message board hacks can do all of the posting of lies and refusing to admit that they were wrong, while their own country’s future burns! That they want to do…won’t matter.

And that’s the only thing that makes this hackery tolerable. Your day is over. Your’e not going to flush our future down the drain for the benefit of the oil companies while making ridiculous excuses. You’re just not going to keep getting the chance to. You are however, going to spend a very well-earned, long period of time, in the political wilderness. And I’ll be smiling.

The only hack job on this thread is being done by YOU and Lorax. Both ignoring the fact that YOUR article stated clearly the alt energy was a part of a broader energy bill.

But yeah, continue your bullshit spin... you are both puppets of your moveon masters.

According to Darla's original article it was NOT stand alone....

"Separately, Democrats also failed to get Republican support for a proposal to extend tax breaks for wind, solar and other alternative energy development, and for the promotion of energy efficiency and conservation. The tax breaks have either expired or are scheduled to end this year.

The tax provisions were included in a broader $50 billion tax measure blocked by a GOP filibuster threat. A vote to take up the measure was 50-44, short of the 60 votes needed.

The windfall profits bill would have imposed a 25 percent tax on profits over what would be determined "reasonable" when compared to profits several years ago. The oil companies could have avoided the tax if they invested the money in alternative energy projects or refinery expansion. It also would have rescinded oil company tax breaks — worth $17 billion over the next 10 years — with the revenue to be used for tax incentives to producers of wind, solar and other alternative energy sources as well as for energy conservation.

The legislation also would:

-- Authorize the Justice Department to bring charges of price fixing against countries that belong to the OPEC oil cartel."

So please, tell us again who the hack is....

SF - "The legislation" you are referencing in big bold text is actually the Windfall Tax legislation, not the alternative energy tax credit legislation.

"Senate Republicans today also blocked debate on a tax measure to extend credits for wind, solar and other forms of renewable energy"

It's not that surprising that these exceedingly retarded hacks cannot read....

Back