Ummm...never mind

They fillabustered the House bill??? They did not attach any amendments or lump it into a broader energy bill? Because I didn't think that occurred all that often, taking a bill written by the House and voting on it without any changes. That is a tad unusual.

So Darlas article was incorrect?

I don't know about Darla's article, but I know the Republicans filibustered the House bill that I posted the link to. Here is a link to the roll call vote:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00147

I think that, because this was a motion to invoke cloture (to end a filibuster basically) there were no amendments offered.

In essence, the Republicans are saying that they won't even consider the bill at all, with or without amendment.

I don't know about Darla's article, but I know the Republicans filibustered the House bill that I posted the link to. Here is a link to the roll call vote:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00147

I think that, because this was a motion to invoke cloture (to end a filibuster basically) there were no amendments offered.

In essence, the Republicans are saying that they won't even consider the bill at all, with or without amendment.

It’s actually not Darla’s article it’s an AP article, Darla doesn't write for them. But Darla is highly amused over SF looking like a damned fool and trying to blame Darla, while thanking God that Soc came along and changed the entire subject by posting some BS that doesn’t belong on this thread, because this thread is not about windfall taxes. But for those of us still paying attention to what the thread actually is about…he still looks like a fool.

Thanks by the way DH, for getting those bills from the actual source. I guess I should do that, to save SF from humiliating himself, while his friend Cawacko digs a hole right beside him.

Thanks by the way DH, for getting those bills from the actual source. I guess I should do that, to save SF from humiliating himself, while his friend Cawacko digs a hole right beside him.

Tell me where I wrong with my post in this thread.

Thanks again for that. After reading both bills, Darlas article has to be wrong, because I can see nothing on there to suggest the additions that her article did.

Thus I stand corrected on it as well as it was the basis for my position. There is no reason I can see that they would not extend that house bill.

You are quite right. It is indeed embarassing to have trusted YOUR article and formed an opinion based off it. I should have known better than to trust your source.

Your fault.

:cool:

Thanks again for that. After reading both bills, Darlas article has to be wrong, because I can see nothing on there to suggest the additions that her article did.

Thus I stand corrected on it as well as it was the basis for my position. There is no reason I can see that they would not extend that house bill.

Gee, could it be that Republicans are owned by oil companies and are their whores? Where did I hear that before?

Part of me sort of wants to go after the oil companies with the tax. Put them on their heels.. but I just cant bring myself to wanting to follow thru with opening up a Pandora's box of windfall taxing. Not to mention I dont think it will work.

I think investigations are the way to go.

It’s actually not Darla’s article it’s an AP article, Darla doesn't write for them. But Darla is highly amused over SF looking like a damned fool and trying to blame Darla, while thanking God that Soc came along and changed the entire subject by posting some BS that doesn’t belong on this thread, because this thread is not about windfall taxes. But for those of us still paying attention to what the thread actually is about…he still looks like a fool.

It is the article that you posted. Weren't you JUST bitching about semantics? The ARTICLE you posted was wrong. your fault.

Wait a minute now. I refer you to post # 56.

Darla, you're supposed to be bitching about the Republicans. SF, you're supposed to join in. None of this sniping back and forth.

Apparently we are hacks just for you. We fell for your trashy article hook line and sinker. Thinking you would post a legitimate source.... must be losing my mind.

:)

It’s funny that Onceler and I both interpreted it the way it ended up it actually happened. It couldn’t be that you took a flying leap off a bridge and into waters that were very murky at best, because you wanted to believe something. It must be the article. Whatever. The point of this thread stands; republicans filibustered tax breaks for alternative energy. Period.

They don’t care about this country, and there is no way to twist that. It’s nauseousting to any real American. I know it made me sick. I actually understand that we are way, way, behind on alternative energy sources. This isn’t the way to catch us up, it’s the way to keep us behind. And it is American citizens who are, and who will continue, to suffer for it. But let’s talk about the poor oil companies.

It’s funny that Onceler and I both interpreted it the way it ended up it actually happened. It couldn’t be that you took a flying leap off a bridge and into waters that were very murky at best, because you wanted to believe something. It must be the article. Whatever. The point of this thread stands; republicans filibustered tax breaks for alternative energy. Period.

They don’t care about this country, and there is no way to twist that. It’s nauseousting to any real American. I know it made me sick. I actually understand that we are way, way, behind on alternative energy sources. This isn’t the way to catch us up, it’s the way to keep us behind. And it is American citizens who are, and who will continue, to suffer for it. But let’s talk about the poor oil companies.

LMAO... come on... your article was very poorly written. It stated exactly what I said it did. The fact that it was wrong is not my fault. It is yours. You should have vetted the article for accuracy first. Like I said....your fault.

seriously though, this really does piss me off. This should be a primary focus and no question the temporary subsidies to allow the alt sector to be more cost competitive with oil should be one of the steps to get us towards energy independence.

Back