vegetarianism in our future?

Umm I think you have that backwards Damo as individuals we tend to be lots better than as a whole. As individials would we be in iraq ?
As Individuals, had Iraq been a neighbor we long ago would have dealt with them.

Even as groups humans as a whole are better than people give them credit for.

f*ck that! I'll starve before I go vegatarian. Meat and potatoes or broke.

ca

how much of your budget will you be willing to spend to keep up your meat habit...just having fun - i do not know how soon this will happen, but the cost of meat is heading for $20/pound and we may see $30/pound before the end of the year

at the rate the value of the dollar is dropping, we will see $5/gallon gas before the end of the year - gotta love the bushco economy

the more the value of the dollar drops, the more of our agricultural output will leave the nation :eek:

we shall see, but is anyone taking bets? for or against

It really isn't asking much to start at least discussing the concept of zero population growth; it's amazing that it hasn't even entered into political discussion.

Oh, and it would help if the Catholic church realized that birth control is okay (or did they do that already?)

on

zpg is not possible while there is poverty and starvation - seems contradictory, but effective contraception has to happen before zpg

All this is lies to justify genocide. There is plenty of land left unfarmed and then there's hydroponics. The truth is the elites want to use these fears to centralize control and kill people.

ahz

true that we can raise more than we do, but it is transportation that fails, especially with the rising cost of fuel

and, in a free market farmers can sell to whomsoever they choose

of course there is the futures market too

Round you up and put you in one of those camps...

There is also the huge amount of space in places other than this sorry rock.

damo

space will be only available for the wealthy for a while - until we get a space program that works for larger numbers of people and then only the adventurous will go, and that is good - pioneers are usually the best of our race...the ones that survive that is

we are still over looking the fact of global climate change and its potential impact on agriculture and transportation

As Individuals, had Iraq been a neighbor we long ago would have dealt with them.

Even as groups humans as a whole are better than people give them credit for.

damo

sad to say brother, but only if you choose the members of said groups carefully

i have little faith in groups of my fellow humans having seen what mobs are capable of and nothing incites mobs more than taking away what they think that they are entitled to:(

damo

sad to say brother, but only if you choose the members of said groups carefully

i have little faith in groups of my fellow humans having seen what mobs are capable of and nothing incites mobs more than taking away what they think that they are entitled to:(

Speaking of groups. The architects of the new world order habituate and propagandize that the only valid protective group is the corporation. National loyalties are nationalism, racial loyalties are racism, thinking men have rights is sexism. But this is the brainwash specifically for westerners, so they will feel guilty and shamed about standing up to the elitist fascist machine tearing up our society.

Allow telecommuting on a grand scale ??

Would you like fries with that ?

Now make the incision just below your third rib.

Btw they are doing that already AHZ, it is called outsourcing....
Has been good for India.

Allow telecommuting on a grand scale ??

Would you like fries with that ?

Now make the incision just below your third rib.

Btw they are doing that already AHZ, it is called outsourcing....
Has been good for India.

Yes. Allow telecommuting on a grand scale. Putting a question mark after a statement is not a rebuttal.

Of course some things are not amenable to this, like surgery or serving food, as you point out.

Incentivize telecommuting, it is already "allowed". Name one place it is illegal to telecommute.

Nobody said it was illegal. It's not encouraged and nobody even talks about, despite our alleged "dire circumstance". Corporations don't really want it. Fascists insist on physical control.

Nobody said it was illegal. It's not encouraged and nobody even talks about, despite our alleged "dire circumstance". Corporations don't really want it. Fascists insist on physical control.
However, it is still "allowed" that was a poor choice of words.

No. Most corporations do not ALLOW it. Maybe incentives would cause them to reconsider their position. IS that what you mean?
Again, the corporations have permission to do it already, you need to make them WANT to do it.

They don't need to be "allowed" they need to be pushed.

It's curious that more don't allow employees to telecommute. Economically, it makes a lot of sense; telecommuting = low overhead.

Back