vegetarianism in our future?

Again, the corporations have permission to do it already, you need to make them WANT to do it.

They don't need to be "allowed" they need to be pushed.

But corporations do not give their employees permission. They do not allow their employees to telecommute, for the most par. Maybe incentives will make them change their position, and allow it. See how 'allow' is the perfect word here?

Maybe they should just do it to not be fuckers.

It's curious that more don't allow employees to telecommute. Economically, it makes a lot of sense; telecommuting = low overhead.

Uh oh. YOu said 'allow'. ANd yes, it is quite curious. Things are getting curiouser and curiouser.
Telecommuting would actually lower fuel prices and might actually work. Things that actually work go undone, because the point is not to solve the problem, it's to create new government powers to ostensibly solve the problem.

But corporations do not give their employees permission. They do not allow their employees to telecommute, for the most par. Maybe incentives will make them change their position, and allow it. See how 'allow' is the perfect word here?

Maybe they should just do it to not be fuckers.
They are already allowed to. It is not the "perfect" word here.

When you are speaking of the action of us as a whole you are speaking of the government. We already "allow" this, what we need is to ensure more people "want" to do it.

"allow" is not the perfect word when using the "We" thing.

They are already allowed to. It is not the "perfect" word here.

When you are speaking of the action of us as a whole you are speaking of the government. We already "allow" this, what we need is to ensure more people "want" to do it.

"allow" is not the perfect word when using the "We" thing.

Im talking about employees. They are mostly not allowed. You're talking about corporations. We're talking about two different things.

I am speaking of corporations not allowing employees to telecommute. They don't, mostly. Allow = still the perfect word.

Telecommuting does not work for everyone. Some cannot discipline and manage themselves well enough or the family keeps interrupting them since they are just sitting there.

also on the just plant more land. well water is becoming a serious issue.

Telecommuting is a great answer for energy reduction and the government should incentivize it. I don't know how but it could be done.
maybe increase the tax deduction of the blokes salary.
Companies don't do it because it does nothing directly for them profits wise. Like other benefits get it rolling enough so it's a sought after option then you got something.

Telecommuting is a great answer for energy reduction and the government should incentivize it. I don't know how but it could be done.
maybe increase the tax deduction of the blokes salary.
Companies don't do it because it does nothing directly for them profits wise. Like other benefits get it rolling enough so it's a sought after option then you got something.

Good idea. But that many cars off the road would actually take a huge chunk of the problem out of the equation, and the internationalist fascists rely on fear and hysteria to increase their level of control. Solving problems doesn't work for them.

They already own huge amounts of real estate, what do they plan on doing with that?

Huh?

Ever hear of "selling the space," or "renting?"

Plenty of companies merely rent their space, anyway. They'd be able to downsize their overhead significantly, depending on how much of their workforce could function by telecommuting.

exactly moron, like incentivizing car pools. Cities do that you turd, carpool lanes cut down on commutes and get cars off the road. Opps, asshat opens mouth and inserts leg.

exactly moron, like incentivizing car pools. Cities do that you turd, carpool lanes cut down on commutes and get cars off the road. Opps, asshat opens mouth and inserts leg.

How have I inserted leg? Im for incentiving corporations to allow telecommuting, in some way, just like you.

Huh?

Ever hear of "selling the space," or "renting?"

Plenty of companies merely rent their space, anyway. They'd be able to downsize their overhead significantly, depending on how much of their workforce could function by telecommuting.
To whom?

Oh, I dunno - how about other companies? Or to the municipalities they are a part of for other use (that just happened near me...they turned what used to be office space into a community center).

Damo, that's a bad foundation for an argument if that's where you're line of reasoning is headed: we can't have people telecommute, because we already have all of this space, and what are we going to do with it!

Oh, I dunno - how about other companies? Or to the municipalities they are a part of for other use (that just happened near me...they turned what used to be office space into a community center).

Damo, that's a bad foundation for an argument if that's where you're line of reasoning is headed: we can't have people telecommute, because we already have all of this space, and what are we going to do with it!
If they are telecommuting why do they need to rent?

The reality is this will lower the need for office space. I like it, but companies will dislike their assets losing value.

Whether it is a "bad foundation" it is reality. When considering whether employees will telecommute the corporations will, in fact, consider what they will do with property.

Of course it matters.

It doesn't change that incentivizing telecommuting is a fantastic idea, but it matters to corps what to do with that real estate.

SO you're not presenting an argument against telecommuting. Ok. It seemed like you throwing up a lot of bullshit on the wall to see if it would stick. I must have been mistaken. It's good to know you're on board.

Maybe what damo is saying is that telecommuting will effect property values, as living "intown close to work" will no longer be as desirable and will not jack up those property values. But this impact should be ignored, if the situation is really as dire as presented.

Back