Video: School Children sing Hymn to Barack H. Obama

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqMTD5UFmU"]YouTube - School kids taught to praise Obama[/ame]

MMM... mmmm... Mmmmm... Barack Hussein Obama!

(And if you begin to teach them young...)

One of the lines of this, "Red and yellow, black or white all are equal in his sight" was pretty much taken directly from the song "Jesus loves the little Children" where the line is, "Red and yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight"...

Will the people who were bent about kids praying for the President be as frightened by this?

Lyrics (As best as it can be figured out)
========
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that all must lend a hand [?]
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red and Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to (To the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic)

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all [do? doth??] say "hooray!"
Hooray Mr. President! You're number one!
The first Black American to lead this great na-TION!
Hooray, Mr. President something-something-some
A-something-something-something-some economy is number one again!
Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And the same for all Americans [in?] the great Red White and Blue!
So something Mr. President we all just something-some,
So here's a hearty hip-hooray a-something-something-some!
Hip, hip hooray! (3x)

We've had debates in the past on this board over the Pledge of Allegiance and whether that was appropriate in class. I can't imagine folks who think the Pledge shouldn't be said in class would support this type of backing for a President.

On the flip side as one who has no problem with the Pledge being said in class I had to ask myself how do I feel about this? My response would be I don't have a problem with something like the Pledge which is about our nation as a whole and not one individual. To focus something like this on the President as an individual isn't right.

We've had debates in the past on this board over the Pledge of Allegiance and whether that was appropriate in class. I can't imagine folks who think the Pledge shouldn't be said in class would support this type of backing for a President.

On the flip side as one who has no problem with the Pledge being said in class I had to ask myself how do I feel about this? My response would be I don't have a problem with something like the Pledge which is about our nation as a whole and not one individual. To focus something like this on the President as an individual isn't right.

:tantrum:

Why? Hitler and Kim Jung Il did it.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Interesting, if I were to play devil's advocate - oh I will - I have to say knowing lots of teachers today that children are just plain monsters and their parents equally crazy so if good values come from a song, or positive thoughts of others come from a song, so be it.

Can one imagine the conservative republican's alternative song: I'll start it, help me finish.

Rob and steal S and L it's the American way
Ronald Reagan
Who needs help now too bad
Eric Cantor
Bomb and kill bomb and kill it's the right thing to do
Dick Cheney
Shock and awe awe and shock sorry you are dead
Ronald Rumsfeld
Trickle down Trickle down
Hahahaha
Homeless homeless out of work too bad
any republican

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd9xU8cw1JE"]YouTube - OBAMA SONG OFFICIAL VIDEO - Michael Franti and Spearhead[/ame]

Interesting, if I were to play devil's advocate - oh I will - I have to say knowing lots of teachers today that children are just plain monsters and their parents equally crazy so if good values come from a song, or positive thoughts of others come from a song, so be it.

Can one imagine the conservative republican's alternative song: I'll start it, help me finish.

Rob and steal S and L it's the American way
Ronald Reagan
Who needs help now too bad
Eric Cantor
Bomb and kill bomb and kill it's the right thing to do
Dick Cheney
Shock and awe awe and shock sorry you are dead
Ronald Rumsfeld
Trickle down Trickle down
Hahahaha
Homeless homeless out of work too bad
any republican

So it's not a matter of principle it's just a matter of who you like?

When your side can elect a president you can teach kids to sing about him/her.

Get back to me when that happens.
:lol:

So it's not a matter of principle it's just a matter of who you like?

Are respect and positive values not good principles? I admit from what I heard it is a bit over the top but considering the society we live in today enumerating the values Obama mentions is not all bad. It hardly praises him it hopefully praises good citizenship.

Are respect and positive values not good principles? I admit from what I heard it is a bit over the top but considering the society we live in today enumerating the values Obama mentions is not all bad. It hardly praises him it hopefully praises good citizenship.

Praising a Republicant wouldn't be good citizenship.

Back