Video: School Children sing Hymn to Barack H. Obama

You were just proven a fool, you should be kicking yourself...

Do you not see the difference in the two songs? While I would prefer neither have occurred, the Obama song is directed solely to him. Whereas the Katrina song was directed at the leadership in DC. Bush, CONGRESS and FEMA. Again, I don't particularly care for either, but the two are not an apples to apples comparison.

Do you not see the difference in the two songs? While I would prefer neither have occurred, the Obama song is directed solely to him. Whereas the Katrina song was directed at the leadership in DC. Bush, CONGRESS and FEMA. Again, I don't particularly care for either, but the two are not an apples to apples comparison.
I don't care about either of them...I think this is foolishness! It wasn't taught to the entire nation, it was taught to a handful of kids. The teacher is retiring. There are bigger geese to cook! These aren't important! If it was on a larger scale, we should all get excited, this is one teacher, one class, one bad mistake.

I don't care about either of them...I think this is foolishness! It wasn't taught to the entire nation, it was taught to a handful of kids. The teacher is retiring. There are bigger geese to cook! These aren't important! If it was on a larger scale, we should all get excited, this is one teacher, one class, one bad mistake.

I disagree to an extent. While it was on a very tiny scale, it should be brought up as exactly the type of crap we don't tolerate.... REGARDLESS of the scale. The fact she was retiring doesn't change that. The school can still be sued for forcing their kids to sing praises about Obama.

I disagree to an extent. While it was on a very tiny scale, it should be brought up as exactly the type of crap we don't tolerate.... REGARDLESS of the scale. The fact she was retiring doesn't change that. The school can still be sued for forcing their kids to sing praises about Obama.

really...under what theory? cruel and unusual punishment :cof1:

I'm sure you completely forgot the hymn to bush at the WH Easter egg roll in 2006. :rolleyes:

Our country's stood beside us People have sent us aid. Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade. Congress, Bush and FEMA People across our land Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/17/katrina-song/l

apparently I have....do you have a link to it?.....nothing at the site above....

Projecting again, pigeon! I am the one who thinks both are stupid! So much about nothing! It fascinates me how some get stuck on the small things.

They're all ignoring that this happened during Black History month. I doubt they'd be this agitated if the song was about Booker T. Washington or Harriet Tubman, but you know that Obama, he's the S-P-A-A-W-N of S-A-A-A-T-A-N!

it was virtually identical to a hymn and in fact they used language similar if not exact to a hymn....call it what you want, but the facts speak for themselves

The Battle Hymn of the Republic is an abolitionist anthem, not a church hymn. It's been paraphrased and parodied from the beginning. WWII soldiers sang a version of it:

He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright
He checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight;
He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar,
"You ain't gonna jump no more!"

(CHORUS)
Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

"Is everybody happy?" cried the Sergeant looking up,
Our Hero feebly answered "Yes," and then they stood him up;
He jumped into the icy blast, his static line unhooked,
And he ain't gonna jump no more.

(CHORUS)

Surely even you sang this version when you were in elementary school:

"My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school
We have tortured every teacher
We have broken every rule
We have shot the secretary and we hung the principal
Us brats keep marching on!

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah,
Teacher hit me with a ruler
I hit her in the butt
With a rotten coconut
And my teacher ain't my teacher no more."

Conservatives have a gift for making something out of nothing.

The Battle Hymn of the Republic is an abolitionist anthem, not a church hymn. It's been paraphrased and parodied from the beginning. WWII soldiers sang a version of it:

o' rly.....

here is a nice liberal source for you....

Quote:
One song that the children were taught quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eugene..._b_300126.html

He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright
He checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight;
He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar,
"You ain't gonna jump no more!"

(CHORUS)
He ain't gonna jump no more!

"Is everybody happy?" cried the Sergeant looking up,
Our Hero feebly answered "Yes," and then they stood him up;
He jumped into the icy blast, his static line unhooked,
And he ain't gonna jump no more.

(CHORUS)

Surely even you sang this version when you were in elementary school:

"My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school
We have tortured every teacher
We have broken every rule
We have shot the secretary and we hung the principal
Us brats keep marching on!

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah,
Teacher hit me with a ruler
I hit her in the butt
With a rotten coconut
And my teacher ain't my teacher no more."

Funny I don't see the name of a president in either one. *shrug*

Back