VP Picks

Cancel7

Banned
I know this is all speculative, but I am seeing reports that Tom Kaine is the most likely VP pick for Obama.

I’m going to go third party if this is so.

The guy is anti-choice.

I wonder just how much of his base Obama feels comfortable kicking in the face, and then asking “what are you gonna do about it, vote for McCain?”

Seriously – Obama supporting a Bush attack on Iran, and Obama picking an anti-choice VP – two deal-breakers for me. Period. No discussion. You don’t get my vote mister. Go kiss con ass for their votes. Mine is off the table.

This makes little sense for Obama. Kaine might help him take VA... but what else does he bring to the ticket? I still think he ends up with Biden, but I wouldn't mind him putting Kaine on the ticket for the reasons you mention.

How do you think the female Hillary supporters would take that?

This makes little sense for Obama. Kaine might help him take VA... but what else does he bring to the ticket? I still think he ends up with Biden, but I wouldn't mind him putting Kaine on the ticket for the reasons you mention.

How do you think the female Hillary supporters would take that?

Oh, they’ll leave in droves, in my opinion. Contrary to what the press is trying to sell, a super-majority of former Hillary supporters now support Obama. I think this becomes a deal-breaker.

It’s always the women they think they can throw off the bus in the Democratic party though. Always.

Oh, they’ll leave in droves, in my opinion. Contrary to what the press is trying to sell, a super-majority of former Hillary supporters now support Obama. I think this becomes a deal-breaker.

It’s always the women they think they can throw off the bus in the Democratic party though. Always.

That is what I would assume as well. Because not only would they not get Hillary on the ticket, but to choose an anti-choice VP.... hell they may not leave in droves... they may storm Denver in droves. Talk about a slap in the face. Kind of makes me hope he does it.... then I will just sit back and watch the fun here in August.

As for the second paragraph... yeah.. those Dem men are pretty much evil bastards

Wow, if he picks Kaine, Obama will be the third dem in a row to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Wow, if he picks Kaine, Obama will be the third dem in a row to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

I can’t believe he’s going to do that. But that is what all of the so-called “informed leaks” are saying. Keane is number one right now. How could this be? I just would like to see the original Obama-supporting Hillary haters, who were so big on using abortion to keep the women in line, are going to say if this is the case. Choice was supposed to be our main concern when the female Hillary supporters were upset and talking about not backing Obama. Now, if Obama picks a anti-choice VP, who could be become President and pick the next supreme court justice, what are they going to tell women? They’ll tell them to sit down and shut up and stop whining anyway, because as I said, the Democratic party will always throw women off the bus, they have no problem doing that.

I hope that I am getting upset for nothing. I still have hopes that it is going to be Biden. Who can put the final nail in McCain’s mythology that he’s an expert on foreign policy. So, Biden is a good choice all the way around, in my opinion. I personally believe it was Biden who rendered the Guliani campaign to be a joke. He was the only one with the gravitas to sneer at the very idea that Rudy was Presidential material or knew jack shit about foreign policy. He made a jackass out of him.

He can do the same to McCain.

Darla, if Obama has a choice between winning Virginia and losing 25% of his votes in NY, what do you think he's going to do?

I don’t believe that’s his choice, but say it was. Maybe he can win with a really low percentage of white women, God knows many of his supporters find white women expendable.

But he better be sure he can, because he’ll have to.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/28/AR2008072802041.html?nav=hcmodule

The above is an article on the possibility...

I think this is more Kaine trying to promote himself a bit... I just can't see Obama picking him up. His added value of locking up VA (imo) is far outweighed by the downside of pissing off a large group of Obama's potential voters.

I can’t believe he’s going to do that. But that is what all of the so-called “informed leaks” are saying. Keane is number one right now. How could this be? I just would like to see the original Obama-supporting Hillary haters, who were so big on using abortion to keep the women in line, are going to say if this is the case. Choice was supposed to be our main concern when the female Hillary supporters were upset and talking about not backing Obama. Now, if Obama picks a anti-choice VP, who could be become President and pick the next supreme court justice, what are they going to tell women? They’ll tell them to sit down and shut up and stop whining anyway, because as I said, the Democratic party will always throw women off the bus, they have no problem doing that.

I hope that I am getting upset for nothing. I still have hopes that it is going to be Biden. Who can put the final nail in McCain’s mythology that he’s an expert on foreign policy. So, Biden is a good choice all the way around, in my opinion. I personally believe it was Biden who rendered the Guliani campaign to be a joke. He was the only one with the gravitas to sneer at the very idea that Rudy was Presidential material or knew jack shit about foreign policy. He made a jackass out of him.

He can do the same to McCain.

For the reasons you state, I think it most likely Biden is the choice. Though BAC's suggestion of Nunn would also be an interesting (and good) choice.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/28/AR2008072802041.html?nav=hcmodule

The above is an article on the possibility...

I think this is more Kaine trying to promote himself a bit... I just can't see Obama picking him up. His added value of locking up VA (imo) is far outweighed by the downside of pissing off a large group of Obama's potential voters.

We don’t have enough analysis yet to know which states that decision could lose him.

For the reasons you state, I think it most likely Biden is the choice. Though BAC's suggestion of Nunn would also be an interesting (and good) choice.

It won’t be Nunn. I felt it was down to Biden or Edwards, but I’d say that Edwards is now out of the running, since that story is looking to me as if there’s something there. Kaine was someone I had dismissed out of hand, assuming that Obama wouldn’t be that stupid. But now I don’t know.

We don’t have enough analysis yet to know which states that decision could lose him.

No, we don't. But given the close race in several states like MI, OH, FL, CO (among others) .... it would cost him enough to lose the election. (my opinion)

No, we don't. But given the close race in several states like MI, OH, FL, CO (among others) .... it would cost him enough to lose the election. (my opinion)

I think so too. It’s a very simplistic outlook to say, well he can afford to lose some votes in California and New York, and this will gain him Virginia.
White women vote in swing states too, and they can tip the election.

Well Kaine is only specifically opposed to late-term abortion. I assure you, if he were picked as VP he would probably undergo a "change of heart". Politicians say what is necessary to get elected. His opposition to the death penalty would probably lose him more votes than to abortion.

Well Kaine is only specifically opposed to late-term abortion. I assure you, if he were picked as VP he would probably undergo a "change of heart". Politicians say what is necessary to get elected. His opposition to the death penalty would probably lose him more votes than to abortion.

No, he is specifically “personally pro-life” and belongs to the group “democrats for life” who refused to endorse Kerry in 04.
He is unacceptable.

Back