VP Picks

I think so too. It’s a very simplistic outlook to say, well he can afford to lose some votes in California and New York, and this will gain him Virginia.
White women vote in swing states too, and they can tip the election.

simplistic is a very very nice way of putting it.

I wonder if Kaine is getting time in the sun right now as being 'strongly considered' to show that Obama is willing to look at VP choices from all aspects of the political spectrum. Then in the end Obama goes with Biden.

I know... I am reading a whole lot into this... but one thing Obama does not appear to be is ignorant.... and I cannot think of one good reason Kaine would be anywhere near the top of his choices... so maybe I am on to something. :)

Does anyone know what a “Puma” is? I see this word all over the blogs describing Hillary supporters, in what I think is a disparaging tone, but I have no idea what it means. I mean, I just found out recently what a cougar was. I never liked young guys , because as you can see from reading their posts about women on here, they don’t really like vaginas. You can’t have good sex with a guy who doesn’t really like a vagina. Grown men, really, really, really like vaginas.

Anyway, some help with this would be appreciated.

Does anyone know what a “Puma” is? I see this word all over the blogs describing Hillary supporters, in what I think is a disparaging tone, but I have no idea what it means. I mean, I just found out recently what a cougar was. I never liked young guys , because as you can see from reading their posts about women on here, they don’t really like vaginas. You can’t have good sex with a guy who doesn’t really like a vagina. Grown men, really, really, really like vaginas.

Its another name for a cougar. :)

I think with reference to Hillary voters....

It is an acronym for People United Means Action.... which has been subverted into Party United My Ass!...

meaning they are pissed and expect Obama to open up his eyes and find ways to bring them back into the fold.

Obviously Kaine would not be a good step in that direction.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_United_Means_Action[/ame]

Its another name for a cougar. :)

I think with reference to Hillary voters....

It is an acronym for People United Means Action.... which has been subverted into Party United My Ass!...

meaning they are pissed and expect Obama to open up his eyes and find ways to bring them back into the fold.

Obviously Kaine would not be a good step in that direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_United_Means_Action

Ahhh, I see, thanks.

I'm pretty sure I'd like vaginas if I ever could use one for an extended period of time.

I doubt that Obama will pick Biden. He's smarter than you all are.

I don't expect that the lefties here will see it, but it renders Obama more vulnerable to the elitist attack. Biden has quite a reputation for being an arrogant prick, and you can bet that the Republicans would make judicious use of that perception.

I don't expect that the lefties here will see it, but it renders Obama more vulnerable to the elitist attack. Biden has quite a reputation for being an arrogant prick, and you can bet that the Republicans would make judicious use of that perception.

A reputation with whom?

I don't see Biden that way at all. You sure you are not confusing him with someone else?

I never liked young guys , because as you can see from reading their posts about women on here, they don’t really like vaginas. You can’t have good sex with a guy who doesn’t really like a vagina. Grown men, really, really, really like vaginas.

Love the comment, Darla. It put me in mind of the ancient Greek story about the blind prophet Tiresias, the one who tried to warn Oedipus away from investigating his family background.

Tiresias was changed into a woman for seven years by the gods to teach him a lesson not to mess with coupling snakes (long story!). During those seven years as a woman Tiresias learnt the greatest secret of womankind. At the end of seven years he was changed back to a man and after a while was asked by Zeus to reveal this secret. The secret was that women enjoy sex ten measures more than men do. For revealing this secret Hera, Zeus' wife and sister, struck Tiresias blind.

Maybe there really is something in becoming transgendered! I think that the one thing we can assume about Tiresias is that of all the things he missed about being a woman it was his vagina (and its bits and pieces, no doubt).

Apparently everyone.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...=2008&base_name=veepstakes_the_case_for_biden
EJ Dionne's column arguing that Joe Biden should be considered for Obama's VP slot makes a lot of sense. Biden is, arguably, the most effective voice Democrats have on foreign policy. And here's why: Joe Biden is an incredibly arrogant jerk. And that's exactly what Democrats need.

http://candidatesblog.com/democrat-debate-msnbc-full-video/
Mike Gravel called Biden “arrogant”, said he felt like a “potted plant” because of the lack of questions directed to him.

http://blogs.unionleader.com/andrew-cline/?p=986
Joe Biden(D-Del) has spent over half his life in the United States Senate. No person can be a member of such a stiffling and self-absorbed institution for so many long decades and retain any sense of modesty. Certanily Biden has none. Nor sanity.

Last edited:
http://firstfriday.wordpress.com/2008/05/16/douchebag-of-the-week-joe-biden/

Delaware Senator Joe Biden isn’t your average douchebag, he’s way above average. Elected to the Senate at age 29 (though not able to be legally sworn in until his 30th birthday), Biden had the audacity to tell a recent Supreme Court nominee that he didn’t think the man had “enough real world experience” for the job without any sense of irony about the fact that he has no real world experience himself since he’s been in the Senate since graduating law school.

http://iowaindependent.com/1536/biden-difference-this-time-is-its-okay-to-lose

The crowd of 100 people gathered at the Waverly Civic Center Tuesday night was hushed and thoughtful as Delaware Sen. Joe Biden answered an audience member’s question regarding the difference between this run for the White House and his previous bid.

You mentioned on Tim Russert a couple of weeks ago that maybe the last time you ran — and I am paraphrasing — that you were maybe a little to arrogant, maybe a little too confident,” said the man who also confessed that he had voted Republican since the mid-1970s. “How has that changed now?”

Apparently everyone.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/...=2008&base_name=veepstakes_the_case_for_biden
EJ Dionne's column arguing that Joe Biden should be considered for Obama's VP slot makes a lot of sense. Biden is, arguably, the most effective voice Democrats have on foreign policy. And here's why: Joe Biden is an incredibly arrogant jerk. And that's exactly what Democrats need.

http://candidatesblog.com/democrat-debate-msnbc-full-video/
Mike Gravel called Biden “arrogant”, said he felt like a “potted plant” because of the lack of questions directed to him.

http://blogs.unionleader.com/andrew-cline/?p=986
Joe Biden(D-Del) has spent over half his life in the United States Senate. No person can be a member of such a stiffling and self-absorbed institution for so many long decades and retain any sense of modesty. Certanily Biden has none. Nor sanity.

Huh. It’s funny, I guess some blogs – whose political ideology I do not know – do view Biden that way. But I’ve never even heard a whisper about it before, and I don’t think that’s how he’s viewed by the general public. You know, the voters.

Democratic Underground Trashing Biden:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x3082527#3082534

1. I've never met anyone more full of himself. In a meeting three years ago this week he got nose to nose with me and said: "I GUARANTEE you this war will be over by April". He shoots off his mouth without having a clue as to what is going on. Yes, he is a smart guy but if the nation gets to know him well he will have no chance whatsoever of getting the nomination.

2. Joe's #1 priority seems to be getting himself booked on the Sunday talk shows. Where was he on the issues when Democrats were in the minority?

3. Not to mention that he is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MBNA. Yes, he's smart and articulate, but he is also madly in love with the sound of his own vice. And he'll make a great, impassioned speech at some public hearing (as long as TV cameras are present), then go back and vote for some corporate handout anyway.

Michelle Malkin Trashing Biden (I Guess There is One Thing the Right and Left Can Agree On)

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZTVmNGI0MmVmMDFlYmZiODdhYzM4ZjIwYjhlNDU3MTk=

Sen. Joe Biden is the embodiment of snide. Snide is the embodiment of the left-wing attitude toward gun owners. So when snide Joe Biden confronted a YouTube user who asked Democrat presidential candidates about gun control during a debate Monday night, what unfolded was a Teachable YouTube Moment — the caught-on-tape embodiment of ideological snideness toward the Second Amendment and those who defend it.

Love the comment, Darla. It put me in mind of the ancient Greek story about the blind prophet Tiresias, the one who tried to warn Oedipus away from investigating his family background.

Tiresias was changed into a woman for seven years by the gods to teach him a lesson not to mess with coupling snakes (long story!). During those seven years as a woman Tiresias learnt the greatest secret of womankind. At the end of seven years he was changed back to a man and after a while was asked by Zeus to reveal this secret. The secret was that women enjoy sex ten measures more than men do. For revealing this secret Hera, Zeus' wife and sister, struck Tiresias blind.

Maybe there really is something in becoming transgendered! I think that the one thing we can assume about Tiresias is that of all the things he missed about being a woman it was his vagina (and its bits and pieces, no doubt).

LOl. I never heard that story.

Huh. It’s funny, I guess some blogs – whose political ideology I do not know – do view Biden that way. But I’ve never even heard a whisper about it before, and I don’t think that’s how he’s viewed by the general public. You know, the voters.

I heard that before I ever started following politics closely. It was my first perception of Biden, and I assure you it is fairly widely held among quasi-politicos who do not follow the day to day developments but do hold opinions about politicians.

Democratic Underground Trashing Biden:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x3082527#3082534

1. I've never met anyone more full of himself. In a meeting three years ago this week he got nose to nose with me and said: "I GUARANTEE you this war will be over by April". He shoots off his mouth without having a clue as to what is going on. Yes, he is a smart guy but if the nation gets to know him well he will have no chance whatsoever of getting the nomination.

2. Joe's #1 priority seems to be getting himself booked on the Sunday talk shows. Where was he on the issues when Democrats were in the minority?

3. Not to mention that he is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MBNA. Yes, he's smart and articulate, but he is also madly in love with the sound of his own vice. And he'll make a great, impassioned speech at some public hearing (as long as TV cameras are present), then go back and vote for some corporate handout anyway.

Being so strong on foreign policy, it is true that he is not the left’s favorite. Though they will take him over Keane. Maybe that’s the whole point of floating Keane’s name. Hmmm.

Anyway, I think you’re spending too much time on blogs Epic, and I disagree with your insistence that because some blogs see him that way “everyone” does. He simply is not viewed this way in the general electorate, to my knowledge he is viewed there as someone with real gravitas. I understand that it upsets the conventional wisdom apple cart when the dems have someone like that – but that’s not an issue for me. Calm down.

Back