Walz defends his service record.

So why did he lie? He could have said that soldiers carry into war. He has never been in a war zone as a soldier. He also lied about his retirement rank.
Already been explained, “he's clearly trying to make a point that he doesn't want regular citizens to carry the same kinds of weapons that soldiers carry into war,” he wasn’t glorifying himself, purposely lying, rather attempting to make a point

Already been explained, “he's clearly trying to make a point that he doesn't want regular citizens to carry the same kinds of weapons that soldiers carry into war,” he wasn’t glorifying himself, purposely lying, rather attempting to make a point
He CLEARLY said "that I carried into war" not "that soldiers carried into war".

That is intentional not a misspeak

Reactions: TOP
I've seen nothing but negative... I've seen some of his students say that they really like him and that he was helpful... He's obviously a different person now.
I had liberal teachers that I liked. Most of them were honest however.

I had liberal teachers that I liked. Most of them were honest however.
I work with an almost exclusively liberal staff for thirty years... politicsin the classroom or lounge were never an issue...Things have drastically changed...

The Real Command Sargent Major that replaced him says he is a coward that shirked his duty.
Ah, a swiftboater. I see.

Walz's unit was sent to Iraq 10 months after Walz left the NG but if you want to call that "shirking his duty," that's on you.

It would be nice if JD stopped denigrating Walz's service since JD was actually a combat correspondent, not a front-line fighter in Iraq.

Last edited:
He CLEARLY said "that I carried into war" not "that soldiers carried into war".

That is intentional not a misspeak
Of course he did, but again, as has been explained to you umpteen times, he didn’t say it to glorify himself but rather to make a point about the dangers of semiautomatic weapons, he was speaking about gun control, not his experiences in war

And again, I guess you can not recognize your own hypocrisy, you are attacking a guy who served the country for over two decades for three misquotes he gave during that time yet worship a guy who dissed McCain as a hero, referred to veterans as suckers, and refused to visit a veterans cemetery because the rain might mess up his combover

No excuses here are going to help him... He said what he said and he did what he did.

Why does he need help?

Dems love the guy, he's a great speaker, he gets crowds fired up, and the polls keep flipping in favor of the Harris/Walz ticket. They're doing fine right now.

In terms of who needs help, I'd probably say it's the guys who still seem to have no idea how to counter Harris' momentum, and who keep offending women almost every time they speak.

Maybe that's not a big deal, though. Women don't make up too much of the electorate or anything.

But, it's good to know that "thank you for your service" has become as meaningless for Republicans as "we're the party of law & order."

Ah, a swiftboater. I see.

Walz's unit was sent to Iraq 10 months after Walz left the NG but if you want to call that "shirking his duty," that's on you.

It would be nice if JD stopped denigrating Walz's service since JD was actually a combat correspondent, not a front-line fighter in Iraq.
The country spend BIG BUCKS training him. He signed a contract. But when the bill came due and the country wanted his battalion to serve in Iraq he cut and ran.

How long of a warning do you think the NG gives a group of citizen soldiers to get their lives in order to deploy to war. Everyone knew they were deploying for months before they left. Walz didn't even complete the enlistment he had signed that he would do. He didn't even finish his Command Sargent Major course. He was so anxious to get out of the service he knew he would be busted back in rank and yet he did it anyway.

JD Vance served honorably and did EXACTLY what his country asked of him to do including going to a war zone. He has never once misrepresented what he did.

Walz is a pompous liar who has misrepresented his service and avoided going to a war zone.

Back