Walz defends his service record.

Trump trashed a guy who suffered for years as a Vietnamese POW. Said he liked the guys who weren't captured.

It's no surprise that his entire party now is trashing anyone who served, if it fits their political agenda.

I mean - just look at what has happened to this party since Ronald Reagan.

Trump trashed a guy who suffered for years as a Vietnamese POW. Said he liked the guys who weren't captured.

It's no surprise that his entire party now is trashing anyone who served, if it fits their political agenda.

I mean - just look at what has happened to this party since Ronald Reagan.
We're are talking about Walz lying about his service and stolen valor. For the record I respected McCain's military service. His politics sucked and he personally was a asshole. But as I said I respected his military career. Trump made a mistake bashing McCain for being a POW.

AGAIN Walz service is just fine up until the point he cut and ran and left his men without a leader. That required someone to serve in his place. If he had kept his promise he would have served in Iraq and he would not have to lie about his service.

We're are talking about Walz lying about his service and stolen valor. For the record I respected McCain's military service. His politics sucked and he personally was a asshole. But as I said I respected his military career. Trump made a mistake bashing McCain for being a POW.

AGAIN Walz service is just fine up until the point he cut and ran and left his men without a leader. That required someone to serve in his place. If he had kept his promise he would have served in Iraq and he would not have to lie about his service.

"Cut & run" is synonymous w/ cowardice, which I'm sure you're aware of.

That's quite an accusation, with nothing to back it up.

He served 24 years, and wanted to pursue a political career. He didn't leave anyone "without a leader."

Yeah because calling a payment made to a Lawyer a legal fee is horrible. :attaboy2:
You can only deceive yourself for so long. trump's a thief, liar, fraudster and grifter and he got away with it for decades.

He paid a lawyer to cover up his adultery but couldn't be bothered to pay all the businesses and laborers he defrauded for decades. Too bad about all the paper trails that are now showing the American people just how awful he is.

He put in his retirement papers months before he knew his squadron might- MIGHT get sent to Iraq. Lie all you want but the timeline doesn't lie.

"Cut & run" is synonymous w/ cowardice, which I'm sure you're aware of.

That's quite an accusation, with nothing to back it up.

He served 24 years, and wanted to pursue a political career. He didn't leave anyone "without a leader."
When he found out his unit was going to Iraq he suddenly retired knowing he had not completed his training for Command Master Sargent and that he would be busted back in rank. He also knew he had not finished the last to years of his commitment. I guess Walz signature on a contract means nothing.

When he found out his unit was going to Iraq he suddenly retired knowing he had not completed his training for Command Master Sargent and that he would be busted back in rank. He also knew he had not finished the last to years of his commitment. I guess Walz signature on a contract means nothing.

Probably means more than a signature on a Trump University certificate.

He put in his retirement papers months before he knew his squadron might- MIGHT get sent to Iraq. Lie all you want but the timeline doesn't lie.
No people said it was commonly known that the battalion was being sent to Iraq before he retired. He even went around his boss to retire.

I mean...the other guy you have is the candidate running directly against him?

You know that's ludicrous. Your characterization was exaggerated at best, a lie at worst.
OK how about to REAL Command Sargent Majors that KNOW Walz

Thomas Behrends, Command Sergeant Major (Retired)

Paul Herr, Command Sergeant Major (Retired)

You can only deceive yourself for so long. trump's a thief, liar, fraudster and grifter and he got away with it for decades.

He paid a lawyer to cover up his adultery but couldn't be bothered to pay all the businesses and laborers he defrauded for decades. Too bad about all the paper trails that are now showing the American people just how awful he is.
BUT TRUMP!!!
:magagrin:

Attacking Walz is a deflection from the fact that no Trump has ever served. Rather than finding a way to explain the Trump's lack of service and Donald's disdain for those who serve, they go after Walz. It is Swiftboating and works on those who are totally under Trump's con. Walz has spent a lifetime serving the nation. Trump has spent a lifetime serving himself.

Let's not rewrite history. Read and reread the dates in Walz's timeline. His unit didn't get the "alert order" until two months after Walz retired.

"In May 2005, Walz, then 41, officially retired from the Minnesota National Guard to campaign for Minnesota’s 1st Congressional District. He filed his statement of candidacy paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Feb. 10, 2005.

Walz’s unit received an “alert order” for mobilization to Iraq on July 14, 2005,
Army Lt. Col. Ryan Rossman, Minnesota National Guard’s director of operations, told PolitiFact in a statement.

The unit received the official Department of the Army mobilization order Aug. 14, 2005, and mobilized Oct. 12, 2005, Rossman said.

The unit deployed to Iraq in March 2006 and was deployed for 19 months, according to an October 2007 congressional resolution."

The leaders of the unit knew months ahead of the official notification. Which isn't uncommon in the military. In fact Walz asked other leaders what they thought he should do. BTW he could have run for Congress and still remained in the National Guard other Congressmen have done it.

Julin said his commander and himself, of the First Brigade 34th Infantry Division combat team, received a notification of sourcing in the fall of 2004. “We were informed that we would be alerted to go to Iraq within the next upcoming year, start preparing your team, getting your team together and let’s get the process in play,” he said.

Last edited:
Back