Was slavery good good black people?

So you can’t address the point? As a parent I know teaching such shit discredits the school and all the curriculum. My kids know it is horse shit to claim someone benefited from generations of slavery because they came out of it knowing how to be a good maid or great at picking cotton. Idiotic.
You didn't address the point...I did...Is what you just posted in the textbooks?

You didn't address the point...I did...Is what you just posted in the textbooks?

You DIDNOT!

Twisting our curriculum into knots to twist facts takes credibility away from education, most kids are smarter than DeSantis and can see the stupid lie Tallahassee is presenting.

Teaching “the benefits slaves derived” is simply promoting the political agenda the Right follows that I call soft racism. It’s slightly deniable racism, designed to wink at the racist voter.

It’s shameful. If you do not see the reality you are DUMB or you are a RACIST.

You DIDNOT!

Twisting our curriculum into knots to twist facts takes credibility away from education, most kids are smarter than DeSantis and can see the stupid lie Tallahassee is presenting.

Teaching “the benefits slaves derived” is simply promoting the political agenda the Right follows that I call soft racism. It’s slightly deniable racism, designed to wink at the racist voter.

I did...the only one twisitn the curriculum right now is you...and those protesting...there's no "winking"...
but I'm more than happy to take a look when you post evidence that mentions maids and picking cotton...and incest...;)

So you are avoiding discussing the issue, I understand why you are ashamed.
I have nothing to be ashamed of...you, on the other hand...And poor Kamala...
It doesn't do anyone any good to overreact...and toss out personal opinion, instead of facts...
But this is a good opportunity for you as a parent to get involved...you'll be able to find out what your children are actually being taught...
I encourage you to get involved...and then come back and report what's really happening...

Hello evince,

I don’t think a case can be made that it benefited any person who was ever a slave

If you make that case

I have some ideas you should ponder

Skills were learned which were useful in generating profits. That much is true. But to only tell that part without telling the rest makes it a lie. Slaves were treated terribly, forced to work under threat of torture. Families were broken up.

Schools should teach the full story, not just the white-washed racist version. Slavery was cruel. It has been outlawed. There is no justification for it.

There were benefits to many because of slavery but those that actually had to experience it probably hated it.

There would be no blacks in the NBA making 100 million per year without slavery we also wouldn't have the incarceration rate in prison for blacks without slavery.

There are always going to be pro's or con's to any action.

An idiots thoughts

You actually think that is true?

Africans would have immigrated to America had there never been slavery dumb shit

As it was all they would get if they did immigrate was to be treated like a farm animal instead of finding freedom

So you are dead wrong

I think if there were questionable parts of the curriculum, it's something that eventually could have been discussed, and possibly revised if it was not factual...
I only saw Kamala's screaming fit...so that didn't impress me and I'm doubtful that she was reacting appropriately...
I thought people were concerned history classes were not being honored enough black individuals for their accomplishments?

Damn, drunk at 8 am already. What does this word salad even mean?

Well, of COURSE Ms. Harris was acting "inappropriately." She's got African DNA, you know how "those people" are, as you've told us many times. *eyeroll*

You DIDNOT!

She is absolutely both. This is a "teacher" (she is not) who refers to urban students as "thugs." She has no clue what the board of education in FL is doing now because she only watches Reichwing sources, and they aren't talking.

Teaching kids that slaves were provided opportunities to "develop skills" whitewashes the whole slavery thing. They think by presenting a "positive" side of slavery, little RW white kids won't feel bad about the slavery thing.

It is true that some slaves were educated -- but that was done to enhance their value to their masters, not to enhance their own lives. A slave who could do blacksmithing, sew garments, care for the master's children, or build cabins was much more valuable than a field hand. Bet they won't tell little white kids in FL *that.*

The whole idea that anything could be thought of as beneficial coming from slavery is beyond absurd

So learning how to be a blacksmith balances out being whipped and treated as subhuman? Just the notion that someone could have actually thought that was worth mentioning in any discussion of history is mind blogging, let alone think it was important for children to learn

And now DeSantis is trying to distance himself, deflecting to attack Harris for her emotional attacks, which are understandable given someone in her family most likely lived thru slavery

The whole idea that anything could be thought of as beneficial coming from slavery is beyond absurd

So learning how to be a blacksmith balances out being whipped and treated as subhuman? Just the notion that someone could have actually thought that was worth mentioning in any discussion of history is mind blogging, let alone think it was important for children to learn

And now DeSantis is trying to distance himself, deflecting to attack Harris for her emotional attacks, which are understandable given someone in her family most likely lived thru slavery

Maybe Puss-in-White-Boots is finally starting to figure out that the drooling idiots who voted for him for his "war on woke" crap are not the average American voter, and that his idiocy is not playing well to America. Pretending -- and then teaching -- that slavery had positive aspects is not endearing him to anyone other than his fellow racists, like the two on this thread arguing in favor of such teaching.

There were benefits to many because of slavery but those that actually had to experience it probably hated it.

There would be no blacks in the NBA making 100 million per year without slavery we also wouldn't have the incarceration rate in prison for blacks without slavery. .

Indigenous African immigrants routinely in the NBA, including two of the greatest centers in NBA history, the Nigerian Hakeem Olajuwan and Congolese Dikembe Mutombo. They didn't need their great grandparents to be Confederate slaves to succeed in the NBA.

362270236_698891215675789_985561357648756022_n.jpg

[FONT=&quot]“Can Ron DeSantis explain how being enslaved was beneficial to Celia?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In 1850, a fourteen-year-old girl in Missouri named Celia was purchased by enslaver, Robert Newsom.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Over the course of five years, he repeatedly raped her.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On June 23, 1855 while pregnant with her second child, Celia defended herself against more abuse, resulting in the death of her enslaver and rapist.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]During Celia’s trial, Newsom’s grandson William Powell testified.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Powell testified that Celia had complained that Newsom repeatedly demanded sex and that she had approached other Newsom family members in a vain attempt to stop the rapes. Powell also admitted that Celia told him that her attack on Newsom came from desperation and that she only intended to injure, not kill.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Celia was found guilty.
An appeal was filed.

The Missouri Supreme Court ultimately ruled against her appeal.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On December 21, 1855 at 2:30 P.M., the state of Missouri murdered Celia on the gallows.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Are we going to teach children this history?

Or are we going to continue to whitewash history because it makes some people uncomfortable?”
[/FONT]

Indigenous African immigrants routinely in the NBA, including two of the greatest centers in NBA history, the Nigerian Hakeem Olajuwan and Congolese Dikembe Mutombo. They didn't need their great grandparents to be Confederate slaves to succeed in the NBA.

There may have been a few.

Yes you are correct.

Back