We are moving to a new server... tonight it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Tonight 07/02/2021, sometime near midnight MDT (UTC -6, so around 6 AM for the Brits) we will be moving the dbase and site to a new managed server.

The site will likely be down for several hours, it should be back up in the AM, better than ever.

I have decided it will help us if we have a bit more bandwidth and memory as well as some upgraded software. We are also moving to the Cloud for better backup, etc.

I hope this isn't too much of an issue, and that it actually migrates better than it has in the past (often they just forget the databases and cause some time lapse).

Know that the site is not going down forever, at the very least I will have a database copy just before I shut it down that I can use to bring stuff back into service if they hose this up for me.

Thanks for your patience.

Tonight 07/02/2021, sometime near midnight MDT (UTC -6, so around 6 AM for the Brits) we will be moving the dbase and site to a new managed server.

The site will likely be down for several hours, it should be back up in the AM, better than ever.

I have decided it will help us if we have a bit more bandwidth and memory as well as some upgraded software. We are also moving to the Cloud for better backup, etc.

I hope this isn't too much of an issue, and that it actually migrates better than it has in the past (often they just forget the databases and cause some time lapse).

Know that the site is not going down forever, at the very least I will have a database copy just before I shut it down that I can use to bring stuff back into service if they hose this up for me.

We would all be better off if you just closed this POS forever.

I hope it will improve the performance. Thank you.

These short shutdowns can be very entertaining. For those who have spent far too much time on this board you know what I'm talking about. There have been at least two posters who thought these shutdowns were only for them, not all of us, and were being done as a way to prevent them from speaking. And they were epic meltdowns.

These short shutdowns can be very entertaining. For those who have spent far too much time on this board you know what I'm talking about. There have been at least two posters who thought these shutdowns were only for them, not all of us, and were being done as a way to prevent them from speaking. And they were epic meltdowns.

I know a couple who will have epic meltdowns. One might finally get out of his basement and get outside for the first time in his miserable life.

That's funny. Did you also catch the meltdown by one of the posters when the title under its name changed from "senior member" to "Insane Level of Addiction" -- like yours? This paranoid poster was (and still is) convinced that one of the mods changed it as a mean practical joke. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up! lol

That's funny. Did you also catch the meltdown by one of the posters when the title under its name changed from "senior member" to "Insane Level of Addiction" -- like yours? This paranoid poster was (and still is) convinced that one of the mods changed it as a mean practical joke. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up! lol

I missed that. I can’t speak for others but when you come close to the post level I have it is entirely appropriate!

Is this some diabolical plot to eliminate the 'TOP Tribute Thread'? Legion mentioned Phantasmal might try something like this. The 'Owl/Phan/Dutch' Wannabees will stoop to any depth to Crush TOP. (sad ... just sad)

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Is this some diabolical plot to eliminate the 'TOP Tribute Thread'? Legion mentioned Phantasmal might try something like this. The 'Owl/Phan/Dutch' Wannabees will stoop to any depth to Crush TOP. (sad ... just sad)

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

I missed that. I can’t speak for others but when you come close to the post level I have it is entirely appropriate!

Heheheheh. Yeah, it's some automatic thing that happens after you've had so many posts. If you have set your own title, it doesn't happen.

:laugh: The Amazon obsession with Owl is real. :laugh:

The 'TOP Tribute Thread' has caused you so many restless nights. Finally, thanks to your friend Legion, you've concocted a Plan to destroy your nemesis. (What did you offer Phantasmal to pull this off?)

The 'TOP Tribute Thread' has caused you so many restless nights. Finally, thanks to your friend Legion, you've concocted a Plan to destroy your nemesis. (What did you offer Phantasmal to pull this off?)

How much acid do you usually drop daily? :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

How much acid do you usually drop daily? :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

Translation: 'I have pledged to crush TOP by any means possible. If it comes to a 'maintenance error' during normal business, I can claim innocence. (My Degree from Trump University is paying off)'.

Damocles gets an A+ for broadcasting the outage!

Some Site managers don't even warn the community before a cut-over like this.

And not many would do the cut-over after-hours either. They just pull the plug right in the middle of a work-day without warning.

5 stars! AND GOOD LUCK!

Award-Winning.jpg

Damocles gets an A* for broadcasting the outage!

Some Site managers don't even warn the community before a cut-over like this.

And not many would do the cut-over after-hours either. They just pull the plug right in the middle of a work-day without warning.

5 stars! AND GOOD LUCK!

Award-Winning.jpg

We always hated it when we got a shutdown warning on the UNIX systems. That was late 80's, early 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back