We are moving to a new server... tonight it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost around 18 month's worth of threads and posts with no backup on a prior occasion, IIRC.
TDS is malignant. No matter how nice they are, it spreads through their cells like ketchup at a 4th of July party.

Tonight 07/02/2021, sometime near midnight MDT (UTC -6, so around 6 AM for the Brits) we will be moving the dbase and site to a new managed server.

The site will likely be down for several hours, it should be back up in the AM, better than ever.

I have decided it will help us if we have a bit more bandwidth and memory as well as some upgraded software. We are also moving to the Cloud for better backup, etc.

I hope this isn't too much of an issue, and that it actually migrates better than it has in the past (often they just forget the databases and cause some time lapse).

Know that the site is not going down forever, at the very least I will have a database copy just before I shut it down that I can use to bring stuff back into service if they hose this up for me.

Thanks for your patience.

A little over 6 hours from now. I hear screaming and gnashing of teeth.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

In case of catastrophic failure...

If things go south, I want to say to all my friends: so long and thanks for all the fish!

You have a Trump U degree? And here we all thought you were happy being a h.s. dropout. Congratulations, Jack! How much did it cost you?

I'm guessing you, Phantasmal, and Christie the Cheese Eater, will be sneaking into the Server Building in about 3 hours to release the nanobots into the System. Unfortunately (for you and your 2 stooges), TOP, RB60, and Goat, are waiting with live ammunition in anticipation. This is why TOP has 29,000 Posts ... and you only have 11,000.

iu

I'm guessing you, Phantasmal, and Christie the Cheese Eater, will be sneaking into the Server Building in about 3 hours to release the nanobots into the System. Unfortunately (for you and your 2 stooges), TOP, RB60, and Goat, are waiting with live ammunition in anticipation. This is why TOP has 29,000 Posts ... and you only have 11,000.

The next we will hear from The Satan Worshippers will be a #GoFundMe account. Sadly (well, not really) this reminds me of that 'Draw Muhammad Contest' in Texas. You know, the one where the hapless Mohammedans walked into a Trap by 50 Texas Rangers waiting for them.

(shaking head) Looks like somebody is hitting the Sauce a little early. (Does Legion know you're an Alcoholic?)

Are you drunk or just forgetful? this is what Legion wrote:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Legion

We lost around 18 month's worth of threads and posts with no backup on a prior occasion, IIRC.

And this was the troll's response:

TDS is malignant. No matter how nice they are, it spreads through their cells like ketchup at a 4th of July party.

The lost posts had nothing to do with the Amazonians because it happened before they came to JPP. And if you were joking that a few hours' shutdown would stop the Toxic thread from increasing, the troll apparently didn't see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back