Well, it has been one month...

I haven't had trouble with it at all. I'm not sure. So far it seems to be you and Desh. My server has plenty of bandwidth, and we barely hit it as it is...

I have detected some slow downs here and there while logged in. If you are not on a dedicated or semi dedicated server It can very well be another board sharing the server that can cause slow speeds at times...

Yeah, not a dedicated server here. That is higher in cost... This board was built on the fast and cheap! :D

btw...i said i was slower, but that does not necessaily mean slow...

also, damo, i will pay attention as to when, it happens...like when posting a new thread or post, or going in to a thread for the first time that has alot of posts?

Yeah, plus SE is right. I don't have a dedicated server so other boards or sites usage can have an effect on the speed of this site. So it may just be temp slowdowns because of that. In fact, if the other site doesn't have them that is likely to be the cause.

Yeah, plus SE is right. I don't have a dedicated server so other boards or sites usage can have an effect on the speed of this site. So it may just be temp slowdowns because of that. In fact, if the other site doesn't have them that is likely to be the cause.

Oh boy that is just the easy part, wait till some bird brain on another site really screws up the works and has ya just about unable to navigate your own site. Usually just temp issues but they can be a burden.

Wow, you need to double that RAM up. I have 1 GIG. That will increase your speed on EVERYTHING... I mean hugely.

Wow, you need to double that RAM up. I have 1 GIG. That will increase your speed on EVERYTHING... I mean hugely.

I'm gigged as well but still run into that issue at times, just have to realize that sometimes it's just plain not your own machine.

Dedicated is crazy expensive, semi is still too rich for my po' ass, so shared server it is for me.. Until ya have any offers to help flip the bill I would stay shared as well.

LOL. You and I have different definitions of "decent RAM"... I say you need 500 at least, she has 250...

Well I think you are probably right. I would guess you probaly have games, and other software running? I use my machine strictly for the music and a bit of fun amongst the net. I also have three external 200gig hard drives to carry some load. But really RAM won't play a huge difference for those who run little software or games.. well maybe I should'nt go there either as I have burnt out machines in the past as well....:)

RAM is the first thing I recommend when upgrading a machine. It is the cheapest and brings the most noticeable change.

RAM is the first thing I recommend when upgrading a machine. It is the cheapest and brings the most noticeable change.

Now, I didn't say it was not recommendable but just that it can be resolved before replacing if one once had a machine that had better speeds than it is now producing, but yer right, it's a cheap upgrade that will bring a difference.

ok, sorry it took me so long...but this is what it says about upgrading my RAM

Memory 256MB (128MB installed in each of two memory slots or 256MB installed in one of two memory slot) DDR 333 SDRAM
User upgradeable up to 512MB (one 512MB memory card in one slot or 256MB installed in each of two memory slots)
*If upgrading after initial purchase, one or more of the memory cards provided with the system may have to be replaced with optional larger memory cards in order to achieve the maximum capacity.

can you translate that to me at a kindergarten level? :eek:

Back