Well, it has been one month...

can you translate that to me at a kindergarten level? :eek:

The machine can only except 512 RAM capacity, the mother board will have to slots to host the memory, you can use two slots with 256 or use one slot with 512.

See what offers the best price, buying seperate or a single piece and go that route.

You have two chips in there at 128 MB each, in order to upgrade you need two 256 MB chips which would double your memory. This will increase your speed noticeably on everything. Unfortunately it probably won't resolve the occassional pause on my site, but it will be noticeably faster...

The machine can only except 512 RAM capacity, the mother board will have to slots to host the memory, you can use two slots with 256 or use one slot with 512.

See what offers the best price, buying seperate or a single piece and go that route.

Do you know if one way operates better than the other? like would a 512 be better than operating with Two 256's for some reason...money isn't really a problem unless it is ALOT more money for one over the other...

another question...if I went with one 512 does the other 128 stay in the slot just doing nothing? and where are these slots? are they marked somehow?

O'oops forgot to mention that DDR 333 SDRAM is the type of memory required.
when looking you will find there are different types of memory. I would check out:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

The site is easy to navigate, easy to locate the precise type of memory, and prices are usually competative.

Last edited:
Do you know if one way operates better than the other? like would a 512 be better than operating with Two 256's for some reason...money isn't really a problem unless it is ALOT more money for one over the other...

another question...if I went with one 512 does the other 128 stay in the slot just doing nothing? and where are these slots? are they marked somehow?

I don't think you will find much of a difference either way. But should you get a single 512 chip definitely remove the other current 128 chip from it's slot and leave it empty.

The 512 is likely an OS limitation. Which Operating System are you running?

Really it is six of one or half-dozen of the other... Whichever is cheaper is the best way to go.

The 512 is likely an OS limitation. Which Operating System are you running?
Really it is six of one or half-dozen of the other... Whichever is cheaper is the best way to go.

huh???

hahahaha...what is an OPERATING SYSTEM I'm running MEAN??? please...remember , you are speaking to someone who knows less than a kindergartner's level of knowledge when it comes to personal computers....

sometimes if you have dual sticks running you can get benefits.

care4all.. you are running windows. xp? 2000? 98? 95?

If you ever have any speed problems, just hit alt+f4 and you'll get a speed boost.

sometimes if you have dual sticks running you can get benefits.

care4all.. you are running windows. xp? 2000? 98? 95?

If you ever have any speed problems, just hit alt+f4 and you'll get a speed boost.
xp 2000...

but why is damo laughing? will this action really shut down my computer or something?

now be nice, and tell the truth! lol:eek:

Testing... Testing... Had this been an actual post from Buddha wisdom would have spilled out all over your eyes while reading this post... Testing...

xp 2000...

but why is damo laughing? will this action really shut down my computer or something?

now be nice, and tell the truth! lol:eek:

alt + f4 closes whatever window you have open. It doesn't give you a speed boost.

Also, you either have xp or 2000. There is no such thing as xp 2000.

Nah, I doubt that, many have tried... but hey, if you can do your part to help educate the Pinhead masses, more power to ya! There are enough ignorant people to go around, I am sure we will both be content.

Oh, the irony.... :D

Back