Went to my first clan meeting on Saturday night

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
At the 63rd Annual Grandfather Mountain Highland Games, met my clan, got invited to their cèilidh, outside at a small house, down an old gravel road in Banner Elk. There were about 30 people there, not including three guest fiddlers, one from Scotland, on from Australia, and the third from Deep Gap, NC. Got my kilt christened, treated to a small concert of traditional Scottish tunes by the fiddle band. A 15 year old bag piper from Tampa played two traditional tunes. Then a three guitar band played some great bluegrass. Danced with my wife under the stars in her new tartan skirt. Great times! Planning on meeting up with them again in Charleston this coming February.

Seems like somewhere or another someone I know told me some relative of theirs died at Grandfather Mountain years ago. Can't remember what they fell off of--the mountain or the swinging bridge.

At the 63rd Annual Grandfather Mountain Highland Games, met my clan, got invited to their cèilidh, outside at a small house, down an old gravel road in Banner Elk. There were about 30 people there, not including three guest fiddlers, one from Scotland, on from Australia, and the third from Deep Gap, NC. Got my kilt christened, treated to a small concert of traditional Scottish tunes by the fiddle band. A 15 year old bag piper from Tampa played two traditional tunes. Then a three guitar band played some great bluegrass. Danced with my wife under the stars in her new tartan skirt. Great times! Planning on meeting up with them again in Charleston this coming February.

Wow, how cool is that!

Not easy to die on or around the swinging bridge. No, it's not a mile high, but it is at a mile elevation. It crosses a shallow ravine, maybe 80', and has a high railing with closely spaced balusters. Accessed from the parking lot by a short paved walkway and about two flights of stairs. Hiking trails on the mountain though, that's a different situation. Lots of opportunities to lose your footing and say bye-bye forever.

I can only imagine how embarrassed the two of you were when you strolled into the festivities wearing your white robes and hoods.

I can only imagine how embarrassed the two of you were when you strolled into the festivities wearing your white robes and hoods.

You must be confusing your klan with my clan, and don't understand what "tartan" means.

BTW the cèilidh was only a few miles from my second home. You know, the custom timber frame.

You must be confusing your klan with my clan, and don't understand what "tartan" means.

BTW the cèilidh was only a few miles from my second home. You know, the custom timber frame.

dshouse-1.jpg

I'm too impressed for words, Jethro.

calling it a "tartan" is the excuse for "men" to wear plaid skirts

Definition of tartan
1 : a plaid textile design of Scottish origin consisting of stripes of varying width and color usually patterned to designate a distinctive clan
2 a : a twilled woolen fabric with tartan design
b : a fabric with tartan design
3 : a garment of tartan design

m-w.com

Don't see the word "skirt" anywhere there...

dshouse-1.jpg

I'm too impressed for words, Jethro.

Is that your second home? Very creative. I love the primitive theme. Here's mine:

Attachments

• 12-27-06.jpg
    12-27-06.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 5-20-06 cabin interior.jpg (12).jpg
    5-20-06 cabin interior.jpg (12).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 5-20-06 cabin interior.jpg (13).jpg
    5-20-06 cabin interior.jpg (13).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
Do you really want to go there again? I mean, after I exposed your embarrassing lie?

The only thing you've exposed is your own desperate retardedness.

Nomad's pattern is so predictable. He finds a picture of a dumpy house, claims it mine. I respond with pictures of my actual house, or one of them, then he claims that it's a house that I've just seen, got into somehow and took pictures. Here's where I called him to the mat and embarrassed him severely:

The only thing you've proven is that you live in a fantasy world. There are an endless number of reasons why you could have been inside of a house without owning it. Your silly-ass little pictures prove nothing and you're delusional if you think it does.

Go get some psychological help.

The only thing you've exposed is your own desperate retardedness.

The only thing you've proven is that you live in a fantasy world. There are an endless number of reasons why you could have been inside of a house without owning it. Your silly-ass little pictures prove nothing and you're delusional if you think it does.

Go get some psychological help.

Here we see your predictable pattern continue. You insist on an extremely low level evidentiary standard for your claim, yet insist on an extremely high level evidentiary standard for me to refute it. As before, I'm willing to take a photo of my house at any accessible angle that you wish, a detail of any particular feature, if you are willing to do the same, and have Damo judge based on the common legal standard of a preponderance of evidence, the loser submit to a 30 day ban.

:D

Here we see your predictable pattern continue. You insist on an extremely low level evidentiary standard for your claim, yet insist on an extremely high level evidentiary standard for me to refute it. As before, I'm willing to take a photo of my house at any accessible angle that you wish, a detail of any particular feature, if you are willing to do the same, and have Damo judge based on the common legal standard of a preponderance of evidence, the loser submit to a 30 day ban.

You really are delusional, aren't you, son?

First, I never "insisted" on any level of evidentiary standard. All I said was that I'd provide you with what you first asked for, but that since pictures don't prove anything of significance on either side, the entire exercise is a waste of time and I wasn't going to get involved in your childish little games.

Second, the fact that you continue to obsess and harp on the subject of home ownership while I've moved on to more interesting and relevant matters, only serves to reinforce the idea that you have issues and are in need of mental help.

I must say though, that it is quite amusing watching you flail around like a hooked fish over all this, though. :D

You really are delusional, aren't you, son?

First, I never "insisted" on any level of evidentiary standard. All I said was that I'd provide you with what you first asked for, but that since pictures don't prove anything of significance on either side, the entire exercise is a waste of time and I wasn't going to get involved in your childish little games.

Second, the fact that you continue to obsess and harp on the subject of home ownership while I've moved on to more interesting and relevant matters, only serves to reinforce the idea that you have issues and are in need of mental help.

I must say though, that it is quite amusing watching you flail around like a hooked fish over all this, though. :D

What is amusing is that your pattern of accusation and denial is predictable and continues.

Back