What If the Dollar Falls?

No That is inflation which means the dollar is worth less

The dollar is always worth a dollar. You need to start getting mad at the people who are restricting supply. But that actually requires you getting your fat lazy ass off the couch and we can't have that can we?

The dollar is always worth a dollar. You need to start getting mad at the people who are restricting supply. But that actually requires you getting your fat lazy ass off the couch and we can't have that can we?

Not when inflation is high it is then with less

You will find a lot of products made from all over the world. You will also find many products are made domestically. Chinese made products are pretty common though.

Common as in the 80% of all goods sold range.

Bill Clinton sold us down the river. Dubya threw the oars overboard. Obama drilled holes in the bottom of the boat. Our most critical manufacturing is all done in China. It's suicidally stupid.

Guille, you have been correct on everything in this conversation up to this point.

Inflation happens in every economy. Normal inflation is simply the manifestation of the cumulative opportunity costs. On top of that, the money supply to wealth ratio affects currency value which forces prices to adjust to normalize, i.e. inflation from fiscal policy.

You are correct about the Supply-Demand curve being the basis for all aspects of economics. You get the above when you apply the Supply-Demand curve to money.
From MarketWatch
The global job market will take a hit in the coming five years, according to a new report from the World Economic Forum.

The Future of Jobs Report, a survey of 803 companies, estimates that 83 million jobs will be lost through 2027, while 69 million jobs will be created — a net decrease of 14 million.
-----------------------------------------

It's looking more like deflation and a long deep depression. The fed refuses to let bad bets lose.

That is a contradiction of terms.

There are a lot of leftists who lie, and claim to be "libertarian."

no it isn't.

now 'yes it isn't' is.

and yes, many leftists are libertarian now because "hyper free trade slogans" are being employed to justify the internationalist fascists focused on destroying america, the home of the free.

OK, here's how I'm going to deal with you from now on. One point at a time. I saw that you quoted me 9 times and if I had the ability to see all 28 quotes I had today I'm guessing most of them would be you, and all of them would be total ignorant crap so...we'll start (again) with this;
Repeating yourself changes nothing.
Inflation is not a real thing.
It is a real thing.
What we are dealing with right now is reduced supply with steady demand and that raises prices.
That's inflation.
You have made it clear that you want to blame higher prices on the Fed but they aren't causing this.
The Fed is causing this.
Lower supply in conjunction with steady demand is causing the higher prices.
Which is inflation.
And get used to it, this will continue for a few more years. Thank your government for the supply chain shutdown.
No, I don't need to thank the government for that!

No it doesn't. Our currency value is a dollar, no more no less.
And the value of one dollar varies. The value of one dollar is defined by how much it can buy in the way of goods and services. As what one dollar can buy in the way of goods and services changes, the value of one dollar changes to that extent.

Most Americans are maxed out in debt and can no longer feed their demand addiction. Big ticket items like Ford trucks are sitting on the lot marked down $10k. It's going to be a long hot summer.

Ford sold some 640,000 Model F150 trucks just last year.

When silver dollars fell back in the day,
you could just pick them up.

Now, those fucking paper ones can fly anywhere.

Back