What if Western civilization never got rid of slavery?

How long do the battery ones run? How many nails can you set?

Long enough to do most Household jobs around here. My son is in the Builder Trades so he would know the specifics. He has all kinds of Nail guns.

I just use a cheap Battery Finish Nail Gun I bought at Harbor Freight (My favorite Store LOL) and it lasts all day and you could fire it 500 or more times before it needs to be charged.

But if you want to buy several guns for every need, it may be best to get the air guns and compressor etc.

I don't use nailguns on Fencing though, I use fencing screws on fencing materials. But yes, go to Harbor Freight and buy one- you'll love it!

Last edited:
I'm sure China also makes $42 hammers. They make many products to the specs of American companies and make some pretty good products at lower prices; i.e., stereo tube amplifiers.

Not that I know of... They make crap. They also short cut on many supposedly spec'ed to US standards products.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/drywall/docs/Final drywall_factsheet_05-2-14.pdf

They got certified to make drywall a couple of decades ago to US spec. Over 100,000 homes were built with it. Turns out their drywall was not made to spec after certification and the homes now have toxic drywall in them. It'll make you sick, and might even kill you...

Long enough to do most Household jobs around here. My son is in the Builder Trades so he would know the specifics. He has all kinds of Nail guns.

I just use a cheap one I bought at harbor freight and it lasts all day and you could fire it 500 or more times before it needs to be charged.

I don't use nailguns on Fencing though, I use fencing screws on fencing materials. But yes, go to Harbor Freight and buy one- you'll love it!

Sounds like they are efficient. I have a Porter Cable set, has everything they made, drill, impact gun, saw, finishing sander, light, etc. everything but a nail gun. Black & Decker bought them out and their batteries will fit with a slight modification (trimming a small piece of plastic) and vice versa. I have a few tools and a ladder from Harbor Freight, all seem high quality and the prices are reasonable.
I don't do enough nailing to have a need for a nail gun, but a hammer does seem to find my fingers at least once every time I use one. I've deemed hammers an enemy. The guys at work would laugh every time I hit a finger or my thumb.

I'm sure China also makes $42 hammers. They make many products to the specs of American companies and make some pretty good products at lower prices; i.e., stereo tube amplifiers.

If they don't then they soon will. There's a market for all levels of quality in hammers and China would want to corner the global market. Anyone who wants to compete with China on their level is going to lose. We need to play our own game.

Everybody's got their favorite. As an electrician I mostly am driving staples for NM cable (Romex) or the occasional piece of framing. A nail gun is inconvenient and heavy when you have to drive a few nails during the day at most.

My preferred staple is something like this. Even the most green helpers can't screw these up and over staple them

PS-150Z_HR.jpg

blue-silver-briscon-electrical-staples-sn-40-ib-ss-20-64_1000.jpg

If you use the old steel ones you can over staple the cable and get a compression short that is a MF to trace down.

Mine is heavy because it is battery operated. But not too heavy. It is a cheap one and works good though!

You electricians already have enough stuff in your holsters to add a Battery Operated Nail gun. Your pants would fall down! LOL!

But they are handy for nailing some stuff to the ceiling up on a lift!

Sounds like they are efficient. I have a Porter Cable set, has everything they made, drill, impact gun, saw, finishing sander, light, etc. everything but a nail gun. Black & Decker bought them out and their batteries will fit with a slight modification (trimming a small piece of plastic) and vice versa. I have a few tools and a ladder from Harbor Freight, all seem high quality and the prices are reasonable.
I don't do enough nailing to have a need for a nail gun, but a hammer does seem to find my fingers at least once every time I use one. I've deemed hammers an enemy. The guys at work would laugh every time I hit a finger or my thumb.

My Grandfather taught me how to balance a hammer and of course, get my fingers out of the way. We built many a horse barns and stalls together when I was a kid. But, yes, I've smashed my fingers a few time too, and I hate myself when I do that!

So far, I haven't nail gunned myself to anything yet- OR ANYONE ELSE! I SAY YET!

Funny story Bro! Thanks!

China's steel is junk. Those hammers they make are soft. Take an American hammer and a Chinese made hammer and hit hard something sharp 10 times. Then look at the face. If the Chinese made one didn't shatter or fly off the handle.

Yeah, some of their electronics are good, thanks to automation. The less they touch, the better.

My Grandfather taught me how to balance a hammer and of course, get my fingers out of the way. We built many a horse barns and stalls together when I was a kid. But, yes, I've smashed my fingers a few time too, and I hate myself when I do that!

So far, I haven't nail gunned myself to anything yet- OR ANYONE ELSE! I SAY YET!

Funny story Bro! Thanks!

I have been known to do a stupid thing or two. I used to cuss at the machine when I broke a carbide lathe bit. I was good at it.

China's steel is junk. Those hammers they make are soft. Take an American hammer and a Chinese made hammer and hit hard something sharp 10 times. Then look at the face. If the Chinese made one didn't shatter or fly off the handle.

Yeah, some of their electronics are good, thanks to automation. The less they touch, the better.

Back in the 1960s Japanese products were considered junk. By the late 70s they were producing some of the finest electronic gear on the planet. Later, when it became too expensive for them to make their products in Japan, they began outsourcing to South Korea. With a trained work forced and some in-country factories, the South Koreans began making their own products. Crappy ones at first. Remember Goldstar VCRs? Now they're making cars and cellphones.

The Chinese will be no different; their quality will improve. They are planning to put a Chinese astronaut on the Moon. They'll be passing the US if we're stupid enough to sit on our asses and let them do it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/16/science/china-moon-mission-rocks.html
China may have been a latecomer to the moon, but when its capsule full of lunar rocks and soil returned to Earth early Thursday, it set the stage for a new space race over the coming decades. This time, it will be a competition over resources on the moon that could propel deeper space exploration.

The country’s Chang’e-5 spacecraft gathered as much as 4.4 pounds of lunar samples from a volcanic plain known as Mons Rümker in a three-week operation that underlined China’s growing prowess and ambition in space. It was China’s most successful mission to date.

The United States and the Soviet Union competed for supremacy in an epic space race in the 1960s and ’70s, during which they brought back lunar samples, but that was a different era. Now China is in the fray, and today’s competition — once seemingly the realm of science fiction — could be equally intense and more mercantile.

The Chinese are eager to flaunt their technical skills and explore the solar system. Like the United States, the country has a broader goal to establish a lunar base that could exploit its potential resources and serve as a launching pad for more ambitious missions.

Mine is heavy because it is battery operated. But not too heavy. It is a cheap one and works good though!

You electricians already have enough stuff in your holsters to add a Battery Operated Nail gun. Your pants would fall down! LOL!

But they are handy for nailing some stuff to the ceiling up on a lift!

My tool belt is already heavy with a battery drill / driver and all the hand tools and meters I have.

1-939-32093.jpg

Best Nazi made screwdrivers you can buy! $200 + for a set. The Germans are raping me...

But still a fan of my high leverage Crescent lineman's...

s-l640.jpg

On the other hand my receptacle tester is smarter than me...

klein-tools-specialty-meters-rt250-64_1000.jpg

Not a big believer in the old electrician's adage, "If it ain't Klein, it ain't mine!" I have some Klein but mostly other brands. The one I avoid as a brand is Ideal.

I sold all my machinist tools. All the hand made grooving tools, micrometers, box and all. I kept the other box with the mechanics tools, files, taps & dies, etc. I should have kept a few things out of it, but I'd probably never use them anyway.

About a week ago I was using my circuit tracer in an apartment building. The tenant had GFI's that wouldn't reset.

e1EJ29YV_600x600.png

I picked up cross talk--you could hear the conversation-- on it and I found a 6.9 VAC ground to neutral charge on the circuits. These weren't in the tenant's apartment but somewhere else. Since the landlords varied by apartment (ex-condo's), I couldn't inspect the other four apartments in the unit that all had a common utility service. I ended up having to remove the GFI's and put in regular receptacles to give the tenant power in her kitchen and bathroom.

The joys of being a renter like the Democrats want you to be...

Whiteness is evil, so, I wouldn't have to be part anything.

Thomas Sowell is a god in my eyes, this video is truly mindblowing. They should teach this, rather than CRT, unfortunatel however the Dems need blacks as virtual slaves to keep in themselves in power. As an aside, his melliflous voice is truly mesmerising.

My tool belt is already heavy with a battery drill / driver and all the hand tools and meters I have.

Best Nazi made screwdrivers you can buy! $200 + for a set. The Germans are raping me...

But still a fan of my high leverage Crescent lineman's...

On the other hand my receptacle tester is smarter than me...

Most of my electrician pliers, cutters, and screwdrivers are Klein. I like their full replacement warranty!

My parents were both from Ireland, I don't find it in the least offensive.

That's fine. Why are you asking me though? The poster was the one who used the words "wops" and "Paddys", intending to be offensive.

Then I mentioned it to him and he said he's part Paddy so it's *okay*.

Ask him, not me.

Back