What is the difference between Trump saying he'd accept foreign information

Yes. He is wrong.

I think that if a candidate is contacted by a foreign party purporting to have adverse info on that candidate's opponent, that he/she needs to refuse it. It would be the candidates' aides, of course, who would first be contacted. They should be instructed to gather all personal identifying info they can, inform the candidate, then it should be turned over to our intelligence agencies. It doesn't matter whether the info is true or not. What matters is the attempt by an outside foreign agency/country to influence our elections.

I'm puzzled as to why you think this should not be questioned.

The problem with that is ‘refused information’ is no information lol.

Bloody common sense: hear what they have to say, first. Then decide what, if anything, should be done with it or about it.

Yes. He is wrong.

I think that if a candidate is contacted by a foreign party purporting to have adverse info on that candidate's opponent, that he/she needs to refuse it. It would be the candidates' aides, of course, who would first be contacted. They should be instructed to gather all personal identifying info they can, inform the candidate, then it should be turned over to our intelligence agencies. It doesn't matter whether the info is true or not. What matters is the attempt by an outside foreign agency/country to influence our elections.

Then Hillary would be wrong.

The problem with that is ‘refused information’ is no information lol.

Bloody common sense: hear what they have to say, first. Then decide what, if anything, should be done with it or about it.

Hear what they have to say is accepting it, stupid fuck.

“It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,” the FEC chair said.

Yes. He is wrong.

What if a candidate contacts and pays a foreign party to gather information on their opponent?

what's that supposed to mean asshole?

wanna break that down?

Well, in your opinion, if you can't listen to somebody say something bad about your opponent because the person or persons are not American, can you (again in your opinion) in fact pay somebody who is not American to seek out information on your opponent? If you do pay them, can you then meet with them? They're not American and they're delivering "dirt"...

Well, in your opinion, if you can't listen to somebody say something bad about your opponent because the person or persons are not American, can you (again in your opinion) in fact pay somebody who is not American to seek out information on your opponent? If you do pay them, can you then meet with them? They're not American and they're delivering "dirt"...

why the code?

who is 'somebody"

don't be shy

I asked,

"Posted by Stretch View Post

Do you think Trump is wrong to think incoming oppo info should be heard and then determine if it's useful and accurate?

Yes. He is wrong.

HILLARY TO TREVOR NOAH, DAILY SHOW 11/2/17:
"And it's part of what happens in a campaign where you get information that may
or may not be useful, and you try to make sure anything you put out in the
public arena is accurate."

Last edited:
Back