What kind of "Christian values" do Conservatives want?

That's obviously what you're dealing with. You're terrified that your beliefs are really based on nothing. And you can't justify those beliefs with any facts. All you've got is wishful thinking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I didn't search for God,he came to me

They are beliefs based on nothing but wishful thinking. It is statistically certain that there is other life in the universe. You accuse others of arguing from emotion because you can't conceive of arguing from any other basis.

Awesome! I'll await your proof and thoroughly convincing evidence.

Fermi's Paradox. You have no evidence.

Sent from my car using my neighbor's Wi-Fi

History is always at the mercy of current social struggles, and it's been said, truly I think, that it is essentially the propaganda of the victors. On the other hand, the denial of historical figures clearly depends on evidence. Was there a King Arthur, for instance? Almost certainly no, though there was probably a military leader called Arthur around the right time. Kings and princes had their own poets to record their activities - we can just say that the name starts cropping up in royal pedigrees from about the right time. There is very little evidence for those who aren't part of a governing class, but some people are so striking as to break through, and some have advantages. Socrates, for instance, was far too sympathetic with those the Athenian democrats called 'the fat' to be forgotten, and Jesus clearly produced a very large number of followers, who remembered his words, as well as a propagandist called Paul, who confused matters rather. The existence of these persons, however, is so powerfully part of history that it is simply daft to try to deny their existence.
Good work, and I concur.

This isnt about theology or religion.

This is about the long-accepted standards and practices of historical scholarship. That means to me, this thread is not fundamentally about religion. It is about ignorance and denial of scholarship

Awesome! I'll await your proof and thoroughly convincing evidence.

Fermi's Paradox. You have no evidence.

Sent from my car using my neighbor's Wi-Fi
There are billions of galaxies in the universe. There are billions of habitable planets in each galaxy. It is statistically certain that there is life somewhere else besides here. Believing otherwise is as irrational as believing in an omnipotent and omniscient God who refuses to make Himself known. Or who is unable to make Himself known.

Is that your claim for all believers.
Just once has it every entered your closed mind,you haven't found God?
You mean your omnipotent and omniscient God. Who spends all of His time and effort hiding from mankind.

Actually that is the typical militant theist when faced with reality.

It applies to anyone, be it atheist or theist, who is too emotionally invested in the topic to accept different belief systems.

Examples: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...t-do-Conservatives-want&p=3658483#post3658483

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...t-do-Conservatives-want&p=3658555#post3658555

Sent from an a SM-G950U I found in a subway toilet.

There are billions of galaxies in the universe. There are billions of habitable planets in each galaxy. It is statistically certain that there is life somewhere else besides here. Believing otherwise is as irrational as believing in an omnipotent and omniscient God who refuses to make Himself known. Or who is unable to make Himself known.

ROFLMAO. No wonder you're so fucked up. You think an educated guess equals proof. Jesus fucking Keeerist, dude. What the fuck are they teaching you kids in schools these days? "New Math"?

Sent from my 1970s sliderule

Back