What makes a man gay?

Are the 1500 from across the nation or one spot like Pahokee, FL or Lower Peach Tree, AL? Do you ask factual questions like "Which party are you registered?" or "Which party did you vote for?" or opinion questions like "What do you think of Democrat scumbags?"

Depends on what you are polling.

It also depends on how you ask the question like you mentioned, that is why many polls are skewed.

If you want to know how people are actually voting you would ask the first two, if you want to know which party people favor you would ask the latter one although you wouldn't phrase it like that.

Depends on what you are polling.

It also depends on how you ask the question like you mentioned, that is why many polls are skewed.

If you want to know how people are actually voting you would ask the first two, if you want to know which party people favor you would ask the latter one although you wouldn't phrase it like that.
Agreed that the question and how it's phrased will affect the poll.

Agreed that the question and how it's phrased will affect the poll.

We once had an assignment to test the theory of how polls can be skewed so we stood outside polling places and were given specific questions to ask and who to ask them from.

If you asked questions from mostly blacks on race relations you would get one answer, if you asked questions of mostly whites you would get a different ones.

If you want to know what farmers think of a farm bill and only ask farmers you will not get a legitimate answer.

That's why the top polling places randomly select people to ask, usually by phone which is the most reliable method.

So when you read a poll if you want to know how accurate it is you need to look at their methodology, are they interviewing people personally, doing it by the internet, doing it by phone calls.

This thread is still around, so I suppose we should initiate a new set of replies as if it were new.

What makes a man gay?

I suppose a young man who grew up in the late 90s or early oughts

could turn gay by having been exposed to Sex and the City, no?

We once had an assignment to test the theory of how polls can be skewed so we stood outside polling places and were given specific questions to ask and who to ask them from.

If you asked questions from mostly blacks on race relations you would get one answer, if you asked questions of mostly whites you would get a different ones.

If you want to know what farmers think of a farm bill and only ask farmers you will not get a legitimate answer.

That's why the top polling places randomly select people to ask, usually by phone which is the most reliable method.

So when you read a poll if you want to know how accurate it is you need to look at their methodology, are they interviewing people personally, doing it by the internet, doing it by phone calls.

Agreed on best polling practices. When reading polls, it's how the questions are phrased and how the poll is conducted that interests me since it reveals the honesty of the poll takers. The phone-in polls, meaning only people who are fans of a show or website call in, are meaningless except to reveal the beliefs of the fans. It has no national or wider group validity.

This thread is still around, so I suppose we should initiate a new set of replies as if it were new.

What makes a man gay?

I suppose a young man who grew up in the late 90s or early oughts

could turn gay by having been exposed to Sex and the City, no?

No. People don't turn gay.

That's most likely true, Oom, but it doesn't do much for having fun with the thread.

True. Better to convince the MAGAts that being gay is contagious. If they drink from the same beer as a gay man, then they'll be sucking cock that night.

Agreed on best polling practices. When reading polls, it's how the questions are phrased and how the poll is conducted that interests me since it reveals the honesty of the poll takers. The phone-in polls, meaning only people who are fans of a show or website call in, are meaningless except to reveal the beliefs of the fans. It has no national or wider group validity.

The major polling places have a computer algorithm that randomly calls people around the nation from Alaska to Florida regardless of what they watch or what party they belong to.

The major polling places have a computer algorithm that randomly calls people around the nation from Alaska to Florida regardless of what they watch or what party they belong to.
I, for one, don't pick up on unknown numbers. If it's important, they'll leave a message.

It's an orientation. Sex has nothing to do with it.

Then why do so many of them poke each other up the bung-hole? In order for a gay male to sodomise another gay male he has to have an erection (or else he wouldn't be able to...you know..."punch the freckle"). Men experience erections when they are SEXUALLY aroused. For eample Doc Dutch is "gay as," and every time he watches Donald Trump speak at a rally on his TV he gets a "boner."

Dachshund - the WONDER HOUND

DLM....Dachshund Lives Matter !!!

Then why do so many of them poke each other up the bung-hole? In order for a gay male to sodomise another gay male he has to have an erection (or else he wouldn't be able to...you know..."punch the freckle"). Men experience erections when they are SEXUALLY aroused. For eample Doc Dutch is "gay as," and every time he watches Donald Trump speak at a rally on his TV he gets a "boner."

All the Down Under, dingo-fucking dumbasses love me.

Wasn't there a joke about separating Aussie men with a crowbar? It explains why all the hot Aussie women come to the US. :laugh:

Polling requires both.

You need to know statistics to understand the results from the polling booth such as exit polls.

You need to translate that data to nationwide results.

Generally if I can poll at least 1500 people I can tell you how the whole nation thinks on any given issue.

Of course it's not a sure thing but we can get the results with a 95% confidence rate at least, generally you want 96 or 97 percent and any higher is simply impossible due to the randomness of polling.

Then you also know how you frame a question can lead the results where you want them to go.

Is it the act of having gay sex or being attracted to other men?

For the very small percentage who are actually gay, it is male attraction. My brother-in-law is a testament to that. He's good people. Also, a former peer stated the same to me when I asked him.

There are a larger percentage where it is about the sex. Those are the visible activists and perverts.

That's quite a homoerotic aggression you got there.

Back