What makes a man gay?

7trqr6.jpg

Is it the act of having gay sex or being attracted to other men?

It is the same thing that makes a woman a woman and a man a man, hormones. Everyone has both male and female hormones just an inordinate amount of one or the other. Just as one can be born with a whole host of abnormalities one can be born a male with an inordinate amount of female hormones or visa versa. It is not their fault, how come you despise them? Hell, you are republican I'm not sure which is worse.

Being gay is no more a choice than the birthmark that some are born with. The gay sex may be supressed just like sex is supressed and a choice with many preists, the desire for members of the same sex is not a choice.

If I wanted to date a girl it would be a choice.

If I wanted to date a guy it would be a choice.

Don't think I'm an outlier here.

It is the same thing that makes a woman a woman and a man a man, hormones. Everyone has both male and female hormones just an inordinate amount of one or the other. Just as one can be born with a whole host of abnormalities one can be born a male with an inordinate amount of female hormones or visa versa. It is not their fault, how come you despise them? Hell, you are republican I'm not sure which is worse.

So a man with guy hormones cannot be gay is what you are saying.

If I wanted to date a girl it would be a choice.

If I wanted to date a guy it would be a choice.

Don't think I'm an outlier here.

Some people do not have a choice, they do not want to date the opposite sex, so they will not choose to date one. They choose their own sex because that is all they are attracted to. You are such a simple person.

Some people do not have a choice, they do not want to date the opposite sex, so they will not choose to date one. They choose their own sex because that is all they are attracted to. You are such a simple person.

Some people?

So not everyone claiming to be gay is actually gay then?

So a man with guy hormones cannot be gay is what you are saying.

No, not that simple. Everyone has male and female hormones and there are lots of them. Estrogen is the biggie for females and testosterone for males but both men and women have and produce both of them. There is also estradiol, estrone, estriol, progesterone, as well as a host of others that are thought to play little role in sexual desires. (cortisol, insulin, growth hormones, thyroid hormones, adrenaline). Your Endocrine system controls the balance of all these hormones and this balance and your genetics are what play a role in homosexuality. It is not something that someone just decides to be.

People can be funny and lie. Is there any doubt gay men have lied about being straight?

OTOH, I expect the majority of men who claim to be gay really are gay.

Of course men have lied about being straight, being gay has been frowned upon and is actually illegal in many countries. In some muslum countries it is a death sentence, do you think they admit to being gay there? It is only in countries that have grown to accept the abnormality that you get an idea of its numbers. I use the word abnormality not as derogative just different. I cannot imagine a straight person simply deciding to be gay and do not believe it possible. You may have a gay person denying their condition and finally giving in and coming out and admitting it but nobody just decides to be gay.

That is not what I said. Not close. I was saying people do not have a choice. You are born gay. Some of our population are born gay.

Precisely, being gay is not something you choose, you either are or are not. Whether or not you accept that fact is another question.

Precisely, being gay is not something you choose, you either are or are not. Whether or not you accept that fact is another question.

Who would choose to be hated by people they do not know? Who would choose to be discriminated against? Who wants to be attacked by strangers for being gay, if they have a choice? Who wants to have their employment life abridged and twisted because they are gay? Who would want to be disowned by their families for "choosing" the wrong sex? Why would someone want to live in small groups away from society? Who would decide to not pass their genes on to the future?

Back