What many on the right really think

I get really offended when rightwingers talk about blacks being bribed with welfare checks and government "dependency". Its all BS.

Government dependecy is no-bid contracts for halliburton, and half a trillion dollars a year subsidies to defense contractors. Government dependency is agricultrual subsidies to farmers, dairymen and ranchers. Government dependency is a 30 billion dollar taxpayer bailout of wall street financiers. Government dependency is the 30 million white kids who have taxpayer subsidized student loans to pay for college.

Yup, and we should work to reduce and eliminate all of that except perhaps student loans.

I get really offended when rightwingers talk about blacks being bribed with welfare checks and government "dependency". Its all BS.

Government dependecy is no-bid contracts for halliburton, and half a trillion dollars a year subsidies to defense contractors. Government dependency is agricultrual subsidies to farmers, dairymen and ranchers. Government dependency is a 30 billion dollar taxpayer bailout of wall street financiers. Government dependency is the 30 million white kids who have taxpayer subsidized student loans to pay for college.

Well if anyone knows BS... it should be you. You spit more of it out per day than any 10,000 rightwingers

Side note moron.... the government didn't hand over $30 billion to any wall street firm. They simply guarnteed the bonds. JP Morgan (assuming the deal goes through) will assume responsibility for repaying the debt.

"Government dependency is the 30 million white kids who have taxpayer subsidized student loans to pay for college."

That is quite funny. So "white kids" don't deserve to get student loans?

"Government dependency is the 30 million white kids who have taxpayer subsidized student loans to pay for college."

That is quite funny. So "white kids" don't deserve to get student loans?

I thought about calling him on that.

Cypress throws out lots of vaguely racist lines.

These are your party members Cawacko.

I did not say this your party member did.

The point Desh, is that there are idiots in both parties. Pointing out some quote on a message board and proclaiming that is "what many right wing people think" is ridiculous.

Cypress thinks that scientists don't use average numbers, they use means....

Do you want us proclaiming that this means all lefties are this idiotic?

because Desh is right. I've seen this reich wing meme a thousand times, about blacks culture of dependency, and bribing them into voting a certain way.

I've never once heard about the culture of "white" dependency, which includes everything from student loans, to taxpayer bailouts of wall street bigwigs.

because Desh is right. I've seen this reich wing meme a thousand times, about blacks culture of dependency, and bribing them into voting a certain way.

I've never once heard about the culture of "white" dependency, which includes everything from student loans, to taxpayer bailouts of wall street bigwigs.

Well Cypresstroll, I didn't discuss "black dependency" or "white dependency". I discussed government dependancy.

I'm sure to you, every issue has a racial element that warrants repeated insults to anyone who disagrees with you, but most people can discuss an issue without digressing to race.

It's not nice of me to say, but it's no less true because of it.

The Democrats promise a government that will meet their every need and require no personal responsibility on their part.

Hell look at your hero, LBJ, who promised to get those "N*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

Democrats in the mid-20th century made a genuine effort to buy a coalition that could depend on the black vote, and they gave away whatever it took to make that happen.

This isn't a racial issue, it's an issue of government dependency.

Seniors are similarly bribed.

You agreed wtih this guy now live with your words.

Well Cypresstroll, I didn't discuss "black dependency" or "white dependency". I discussed government dependancy.

I'm sure to you, every issue has a racial element that warrants repeated insults to anyone who disagrees with you, but most people can discuss an issue without digressing to race.

Surprisingly, this thread wasn't about you. It was about what Desh posted, and that's what I was addressing. Please improve your reading comprehension. The black culture of dependency is a standard rightwing talking point. When in fact, government taxdollars and services to communities of color, pale in comparison to governemnt subsidies and support for other demographic communities.

These are your party members Cawacko.

I did not say this your party member did.

A. Did the guy say anything about his party affiliation? I didn't see it.

B. I can troll DemocraticUnderground, Daily Kos and the Huffington Post and find f*ck up posts as well from those on the left. What the hell does that prove?

About 50 million people voted for Bush in '04 and close to that for Kerry. You don't think there are some screwed people on each side within those 100 million?

It's just a pathetic effort to project (thank you Darla) all think that way.

I thought about calling him on that.

Cypress throws out lots of vaguely racist lines.

What is really funny is that calling student loans "government dependency" is just one more example of his stupidity. It is not dependency, it is a friggin loan that the government expects you to pay back. Unlike welfare etc...

A no-bid contract is also not government dependency. Halliburton got no bid contracts from Clinton and Bush... why? Oh yeah, because there are two American companies in this line.... Halliburton and Bechtel. Bechtel is too small to handle some of the jobs... thus the government tends to give no bid contracts to Halliburton on the larger jobs.

Well our selection process for contracts needs to be reevaluated in any case.

Even the perception that Halliburton swindled the government is unacceptable.

There has got to be a way to make the process more competitive.

A. Did the guy say anything about his party affiliation? I didn't see it.

B. I can troll DemocraticUnderground, Daily Kos and the Huffington Post and find f*ck up posts as well from those on the left. What the hell does that prove?

About 50 million people voted for Bush in '04 and close to that for Kerry. You don't think there are some screwed people on each side within those 100 million?

It's just a pathetic effort to project (thank you Darla) all think that way.

I have heard these sentiment before.

I gave you a link go read all his posts.

Well our selection process for contracts needs to be reevaluated in any case.

Even the perception that Halliburton swindled the government is unacceptable.

There has got to be a way to make the process more competitive.

To an extent I agree with you.... there are jobs though that should be no bid contracts. The no bid part wasn't the problem. It was the accountability for the funds that was the problem.

The only way you get the process competitive is to get Bechtel to grow. OR you involve foreign companies in a bidding process.

Of course if the Reps were to do that, the left would scream about outsourcing....

Similar to oh.... say... what happened when Grummond/Airbus won the contract in stead of Boeing.

Why are you people refusing to condem his words and instead defending them?

I called the guy an idiot.

Having a discussion on the reliance on government assistance within the black community can be a legitimate debate.

The idiot who wrote the post threw in stuff like '40's and all that and that's just crap. But the premise can be debated.

Back