What Nixon/Kissinger Got Right

Nixon was a war criminal, a stone cold psychopatic killer, who used anyone towards his endgames.

Obama is just a misguided neo-con, not sinister like Nixon.

Nixon gave you liberals everything you wanted and you still hated him. Nixon will always be hated throughout time by liberals like you because he nailed your boy Alger Hiss a Roosevelt confidant and a spy for the soviets.

There was nothing conservative about Nixon in the first place for you to hate him so profoundly as you do otherwise.

I'll have this discussion with you after I read the Watergate book I ordered.

However, liberty was seriously eroded with the Patriot Act.

Eroding Liberty

Which Obama expanded and signed...

I mean, if you're going with the erosion of civil liberties as the primary metric for a bad president, Nixon is in the middle of the pack, and everyone since Carter has been worse.

In 1968 - President Lyndon Johnson was desperately trying to end the Vietnam war.

But Richard Nixon knew that if the war continued - it would tarnish Democrat Hubert Humphrey’s chances of winning the election.

So Nixon sent envoys from his campaign to talk to South Vietnamese leaders to encourage them not to attend an upcoming peace talk in Paris.

Nixon promised South Vietnam that he would give them a better deal when he was President than LBJ could give them then.

LBJ found out about this political maneuver to prolong the Vietnam war just 3 days before the 1968 election. He phoned the Republican Senate leader Everett Dirksen:

President Johnson:
Now, I can identify ‘em, because I know who’s doing this. I don’t want to identify it. I think it would shock America if a principal candidate was playing with a source like this on a matter this important.

I don’t want to do that.

But if they’re going to put this kind of stuff out, they ought to know that we know what they’re doing. I know who they’re talking to, and I know what they’re saying. ...

Some of our folks, including some of the old China lobby, are going to the Vietnamese embassy and saying please notify the president that if he'll hold out 'til November the second they could get a better deal. Now, I'm reading their hand, Everett. I don't want to get this in the campaign.

And they oughtn't to be doin' this. This is treason.

Sen. Dirksen: I know.

Those tapes were just released by the LBJ library last year. It's amazing. That’s Richard Nixon that Lyndon Johnson was accusing of treason.

But by then - Nixon’s plan had worked.

South Vietnam boycotted the peace talks - the war continued - and Nixon won the White House thanks to it.

- See more at: http://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/20...-without-fraud-treason-1#sthash.7QGhHxnR.dpuf

Teabaggers aren't the first Rebublicons to commit treason...

In 1968 - President Lyndon Johnson was desperately trying to end the Vietnam war.

But Richard Nixon knew that if the war continued - it would tarnish Democrat Hubert Humphrey’s chances of winning the election.

So Nixon sent envoys from his campaign to talk to South Vietnamese leaders to encourage them not to attend an upcoming peace talk in Paris.

Nixon promised South Vietnam that he would give them a better deal when he was President than LBJ could give them then.

LBJ found out about this political maneuver to prolong the Vietnam war just 3 days before the 1968 election. He phoned the Republican Senate leader Everett Dirksen:

President Johnson:
Now, I can identify ‘em, because I know who’s doing this. I don’t want to identify it. I think it would shock America if a principal candidate was playing with a source like this on a matter this important.

I don’t want to do that.

But if they’re going to put this kind of stuff out, they ought to know that we know what they’re doing. I know who they’re talking to, and I know what they’re saying. ...

Some of our folks, including some of the old China lobby, are going to the Vietnamese embassy and saying please notify the president that if he'll hold out 'til November the second they could get a better deal. Now, I'm reading their hand, Everett. I don't want to get this in the campaign.

Those tapes were just released by the LBJ library last year. It's amazing. That’s Richard Nixon that Lyndon Johnson was accusing of treason.

South Vietnam boycotted the peace talks - the war continued - and Nixon won the White House thanks to it.

- See more at: http://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/20...-without-fraud-treason-1#sthash.7QGhHxnR.dpuf

Nixon's Vietnamization program worked. More and more American troops were coming home as the South Vietnamese took over more of the duties of the fighting as soon as the South Vietnamese army was equipped enough and trained enough to do it. The war had been won. the Vietcong had been annihilated back during Tet and the North Vietnamese were ready to throw in the towel.

Then the Democrats in congress immediately following Nixon's resignation over Watergate cut off all funding for South Vietnam giving the communists the victory. LBJ's and McNamara's search and destroy policy was a miserable failure and prolonged the war indefinitely until Nixon's policies changed everything.

What made him the worst? Getting us out of a war in Vietnam started by Democrats? Was it his policy of diplomacy with China that had a profound effect on Soviet expansionism? Was it price controls Democrats love?

Nixon was a flaming liberal. His price controls on the oil companies caused the first gasoline line shortages back in the early seventies.

Yet the lefties hate his guts and always will. It's a folklore hatred passed to annata and it all started with Alger Hiss the fair haired liberal hero who was convicted of treason for spying for the soviets and it was Nixon on the house on un-American activities who got the credit for bagging him.

The same here, let me know how it reads! I am finishing up, "The Dark side of the Street". What a powerful read, it made me cry, it made me cheer, it gave me immense respect and it angers me we are taught nothing of this in our history classes!

Do you mean, "At the Dark End of the Street?"

I lived thru it (Watergate), I remeber the Saturday Night Masacre; that's when we knew Nixon was going down - he had to fire the Special Prosecutor.

I (still) hate that sick bastard, and his "Peace with Honor" BULLSHIT he sold to the '72 electorate.. The war should have been over much earlier.

Are you aware that the war ended in 1974 with an agreement signed by the North Vietnamese? How is a year and a half too long? You are aware that we had a commitment to the South Vietnamese and were involved in that war thanks to JFK and LBJ; two liberal Democrats.

You're naive and simplistic notions about how to end a war that encompassed an enemy devoted to propaganda turning brain dead leftists against their own country, notwithstanding, how fast do you think it should have occurred? Do you naively and foolishly think we could have just packed up and left without an agreement? Why?

That's what the article said, that two of Nixon's guys resigned rather than fire Archibald Cox. It looks like Nixon was worse than people make out Obama to be.

The Watergate affair was a political hatchet job by Democrats who had suffered a major landslide loss that was an epic embarrassment. It was a minor incident of a break-in, which was really stupid and illegal, that Democrats in the Congress succeeded in turning a mole hill into a mountain by declaring Nixon a dictator.

Nixon was not a pleasant man and contributed to his own demise by trying to protect the dimwits working for him who conducted the break in. Nothing more and nothing less. Democrats succeeded in getting him to resign and with equal resolve for buffoonery, turned their backs on South Vietnam when the Communists, true to form, broke their agreement and re-invaded the South conquering them with the subsequent deaths of millions as a result.

Nixon was no more politically corrupt than JFK, LBJ or the many other Democrat politicians before and after that used strong arm political tactics; he was merely the face of an unpopular war started by his predecessors.

Much has been made about Nixons Presidency being one step away from Fascism, but they are grossly exaggerated and the fodder for gullible dullards on the left who love to hate Conservatives. You're painful evidence of that.

Nixon was a war criminal, a stone cold psychopatic killer, who used anyone towards his endgames.

Obama is just a misguided neo-con, not sinister like Nixon.

Another incredibly stupid, uninformed and ignorant claim. How does anyone arrive at such an incredibly stupid claim?

President Johnson:

I don’t want to do that.

Another tin foil hat post from the dullard class on JPP.

Nixon was a flaming liberal. His price controls on the oil companies caused the first gasoline line shortages back in the early seventies.

Yet the lefties hate his guts and always will. It's a folklore hatred passed to annata and it all started with Alger Hiss the fair haired liberal hero who was convicted of treason for spying for the soviets and it was Nixon on the house on un-American activities who got the credit for bagging him.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head in this post; it's refreshing to see people who "get" it.

Oh there is no doubt that Nixon was a complex individual, incredibly intelligent and capable who has some substantial accomplishments. SALT II and the normalization of relations with China for starters.

I won't count his signing the Environmental Protection Act or The Occupational Safety and Health Act to his credit as those were congressional initiatives in which congress had a veto proof majority.

So you don’t give him credit for signing it into law. Do you give credit to Obama for signing the ACA into law? How is that any different?

As for his screw ups and abuses of power.
He grossly lied and decieved the American people about ending the Vietnam war when he actually expanded. Nixon didn't "end" the Vietnam war. He lost it.

I don’t know where you get your history; but this claim is false. He did end the war and signed a treaty with the Communist North Vietnamese Government ensuring that South Vietnam had a right to exist. We didn’t lose, we gradually pulled out under the mistaken belief that Communists abide by their treaties, a naïve position that Liberal tend to wallow in.

After we pulled out, the Communists saw what was happening with Nixon in the US and knew the Democrat controlled congress would not abide by that treaty and re-engaged conquering the South resulting in subsequent millions of deaths.

Those are the facts dude. Yours are leftist fabrications.

Then Nixon wreaked the US economy with his gold fiasco, implementing wage and price controls and his mishandling of the Israeli/Arab conflict that led to the OPEC oil embargo that created the period of stagflation that lasted until the end of the 70's when Carter implemented the measures needed to end it.

I always thought Liberals loved wage and price controls; so you are against them when a RINO implements them but for them if a Democrat does it. ::wink wink:: Got it.

How did Nixon mishandle the Israeli Arab conflict? You think we should have sat on our hands and idly watched as Arab legions from four nations attacked the tiny Jewish State? Why?

By the way, the oil embargo was a GLOBAL event hurting Europe/NATO much more than America; I know this, I was living there at the time. Were Europeans equally culpable for mishandling the Israeli Arab crisis or only Republican Presidents?

Do you think Jimmy Carter was to blame for the mishandling of the Iranian crisis? Or was this Reagans fault too?

Then the dumbass hired Spiro Agnew as his running mate in 72. Agnew as an idiot and a criminal who was convicted of fraud and tax evasion. He was Nixon's SOP to southern rednecks and racists as part on Nixon's southern strategy.

Well Obama was the dumbass who hired Joe Biden; certainly no criminal, but he is a dimwitted lying dumbass in the extreme. Are you okay with that?

By the way, Agnew was never convicted of anything; why do you fabricate your own version of reality to support your incredibly uninformed statements?

How was Agnew a Redneck? You think people from Baltimore Maryland are Southern rednecks? Obviously you have never been to Maryland or Baltimore for that matter. I have been there many times and Southern redneck does not come to mind; unless you are an uninformed dimwit making up your own version of reality.

You really are THAT stupid aren’t you?

Speacking of the devil, the Southern Strategy is Nixon's baby and it's the gift that keeps on giving has polluted and damaged the nations political discourse since Nixon implemented it. The current shutdown fiasco that just occurred is a direct lineal descendent of Nixon's Southern Strategy.

I am quite certain that you have another invented version of what that strategy was; but appealing to conservative voters in the formerly race divided South was a good idea. Perhaps you are angry that Southern Racist Democrats were replaced by non-racist Southern Republican candidates?

As for the shutdown; how is this tied to Republicans? The shutdown can be directly attributed to the fact that Obama and Senate Democrats have refused to pass a legal Federal budget for almost five years now. If not for that, we wouldn’t even have these fiscal showdowns. If Obama were a leader instead of an ineffective inexperienced community organizer, he would have worked with the Republicans to prevent any shutdown.

But as a pathetic and dedicated partisan political apparatchik, he saw political opportunity knowing that brain dead leftist dupes like you would blame everyone BUT Obama in such an event. Yes, you really are THAT stupid.

But this shutdown was anything BUT a fiasco; it was our Constitution at work. A document leftist dimwits like you find repugnant in that it prevents you and your corrupt political candidates from unilaterally implementing a failed leftist ideological agenda at will.

But alas, you’re a dimwit with the historical knowledge of a third grader; how can I expect you to comprehend the OBVIOUS.

Carry on.

Nixon gave you liberals everything you wanted and you still hated him. Nixon will always be hated throughout time by liberals like you because he nailed your boy Alger Hiss a Roosevelt confidant and a spy for the soviets.

I see that people on the left have gotten a real whiff of Obama Stink so they're digging Nixon's corpse up to attempt to cover BHO's failings and stink.

There was nothing conservative about Nixon in the first place for you to hate him so profoundly as you do otherwise.

Amen to that. He was a strange person. Approved the ball bearing factory sale to the USSR which they needed to MIRV their ICBM warheads.

More or less. Not that either Bush was a champion of civil liberties.

True enough regarding GW. But Obama ran in 2008 on diminishing this, but once in power sought to enhance it, which was granted by the FISC.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The power used by the National Security Agency to spy on Americans' phone calls and e-mails was actually blocked during the Bush administration but overturned after Barack Obama took office through a secret court order, the Washington Post reports.

The Obama administration won permission in 2011 from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to spy on Americans without a warrant and to keep the information it collected for six years, according to interviews and declassified documents obtained by the Post.

The NSA has been intercepting more than 250 million Internet communications a year, 91 percent of which came from U.S. companies like Google and Yahoo.

The spying operation was exposed by Edward Snowden, who has since sought asylum in Russia to avoid prosecution for the leak.

Robert S. Litt, general counsel of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, confirmed to the newspaper that the Obama administration asked the court to lift the ban so the government could more quickly learn about terrorist plots.

“We wanted to be able to do it,” Litt said, referring to the searching of Americans’ communications without a warrant.

The court ruling also appears to be the basis of cryptic criticism from within Obama's own party on Capitol Hill that the federal government had found a "back-door search loophole" to spy on Americans.

Nixon really screwed over the GOP long-term with his Southern Strategy.

All the GOP would have to do without it is write-off the south and compete in the remaining 3/4 of the states (aka real America). Now, it increasingly has to appeal to illiterate and uneducated voters, because its target demographic has become limited to the south and people like them. The party that once defeated the south in war has now become its slave.

Back