What The Yankees Did To Them.

If you'd rather, the South of 1865-1885 deserved them, in addition to all of the other embarrassing setbacks of losing their pointless war. With regard to sensitivity of the subject, I live in a state whose territory and region did not participate in the war. While a number of partisans from both sides migrated during and after, and even engaged in tavern brawls over it, I'd say we're one of the less sensitive regions. Personally, I just hate seeing generators of southerners trying to defend their history over many things which the South was on the wrong side of, to include the Civil War.

I can agree with you on the modern day defense. As for carpet baggers though, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Uh, yeah, that was the Northern strategy to slowly end slavery. No one anticipated a sudden end via war. The South took offense to the free soil movement, however, and seceded, even when promised a hands-off policy toward their status quo.

Also, you can blame the aristocracy in the South for the war, but you can't excuse everyone else for following them.

The southerners didn't give a damn about the planters and their slaves but they all believed they were being invaded by the federal government's armies which they were.

You troll, are yet to explain why you support the deliberate starvation - deportation - relocation - and extermination of southern people which included both free and slave blacks and hispanics other than your cultural and racial bigotry towards the southern people as the reason.

The southerners didn't give a damn about the planters and their slaves but they all believed they were being invaded by the federal government's armies which they were.

You troll, are yet to explain why you support the deliberate starvation - deportation - relocation - and extermination of southern people which included both

My first reply some how got deleted . . .

There was no exterminantion. There was no relocation of southerners: they migrated before, during and after the war. The latinos were a very small part of bothsides in the south western territories and Texas.

You're just blathering BS now.

Last edited:

You troll, are yet to explain why you support the deliberate starvation - deportation - relocation - and extermination of southern people which included both free and slave blacks and hispanics other than your cultural and racial bigotry towards the southern people as the reason.

Yes, they did. Most planned to climb the economic ladder of the south and end up the proud owner of 1-2 slaves at least. Also, they wouldn't have been invaded if they hadn't attacked an American fort.

I can agree with you on the modern day defense. As for carpet baggers though, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Did you support the total war implemented by the Yankees on the confederate army in Oklahoma which included the buring down of homes of the army and the killing, raping, and relocating of the army's women and children?

Most southerners were poor share croppers who, like today, were ruled by the 1%. They were brainwashed into believing they were fighting for 'States Rights' but were really fighting to protect the rich plantation owner's profits and their right to make those profits off of slaves backs.

Silly Wabbit, go whip another dead horse.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sherman_Tank_WW2.jpg

Kent State innocent student victim: Did the Yankees get tricked into fighting and dying for the bankers and rich industrialists of Wall Street who profited enormously off the backs of slaves in the south?

Yes, they did. Most planned to climb the economic ladder of the south and end up the proud owner of 1-2 slaves at least. Also, they wouldn't have been invaded if they hadn't attacked an American fort.

And from where do you derive that information?

How about you - cultural bigot?

Did you support the total war implemented by the Yankees on the confederate army in Oklahoma which included the buring down of homes of the army and the killing, raping, and relocating of the army's women and children?

Now you switched to Indian affairs. Relocations had to do with the Indian Relocation Act passed under Andrew Jackson. Home burnings in war have been going on since war was invented as way of disrupting supplies and and putting fear into the locals. Killing and raping was nothing new then either, but it certainly was not ordered by commanders on either side.

You keep changing the goal posts here and your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.

Now you switched to Indian affairs. Relocations had to do with the Indian Relocation Act passed under Andrew Jackson. Home burnings in war have been going on since war was invented as way of disrupting supplies and and putting fear into the locals. Killing and raping was nothing new then either, but it certainly was not ordered by commanders on either side.

You keep changing the goal posts here and your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.

Answer the question.

Yes or no.

I want the reader to pay very close attention to how he answers this.

silly question. people, for example, might support, in theory, the premise behind the Vietnam war without "supporting" the actions of Lt. Calley at My Lai.

My first reply some how got deleted . . .

There was no exterminantion. There was no relocation of southerners: they migrated before, during and after the war. The latinos were a very small part of bothsides in the south western territories and Texas.

You're just blathering BS now.

20 thousand people were relocated out of the state of Missouri by order of a Yankee general. Thousands were relocated out of New Orleans by order of another Yankee general. The remaining residents of Atlanta were relocated out of that city by your hero Sherman and the majority of those were children under the age of 17.

You really are a victim of compulsory education now aren't you? Is it possible that you are really this ignorant? I thought you knew everyuthing there was to know about everything in the universe when you were born?

Why isn't that why you critizised me for reading books?

Did the families of the confederate army in Oklahoma get what they deserved when the Yankees burned down their homes and killed and raped their women and children?

Where is he?

silly question. people, for example, might support, in theory, the premise behind the Vietnam war without "supporting" the actions of Lt. Calley at My Lai.

Who was president when that happened? And don't tell me he didn't have a clue over what transpired - don't go there.

Suddenly there is deft silence on this thread from the dear people who supported total warfare on the southern people by the Yankees.

Now why is that?

Because we have now entered the arena of political correctness when it comes to religious white protestants and other people.

How long must we wait for an answer dear friends - will we live long enough to hear from them again?

Back