What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life...

Once when I was nine, before I became an atheist, my six year old dog Ginger ate something from the neighbors garbage can and got really, really sick.
I prayed all that night that my little best friend who I had loved as long as I could remember would get well again.
Later, the next day, Ginger died a horrible and agonizing death convulsing in my arms frothing at the mouth and shitting everywhere...

so those people will die because of what you chose to believe?

how can they pick your particular slice of what you believe as a religion if they have NEVER heard of it?

children will DIE HORRORBLE DEATHS and then be tortured in hell FOREVER because they were born in other countries or to parents of a different faith.

I'm sorry

that is tooo evil for me to accept without any FACTS to prove it.

I don't choose to believe in a god that claims love but does evil

especially without a shred of fact to back it

that sounds like an evil god

We all die, and the way we die is only a temporary moment, but it's what happens after we die that is truly forever. Whether my beliefs are proven wrong or right won't ever be determined until we die and at that point only that person will know. Christ is fully accessible and His mercy is great. We all have the freedom to have faith or not have faith in what the Bible says and what Christ says. If you don't believe the same thing that I or others do then the outcomes of my belief shouldn't scare you or worry you, but for me my faith is strong and I believe in Him. The facts for me comes from the New Testament.

Once when I was nine, before I became an atheist, my six year old dog Ginger ate something from the neighbors garbage can and got really, really sick.
I prayed all that night that my little best friend who I had loved as long as I could remember would get well again.
Later, the next day, Ginger died a horrible and agonizing death convulsing in my arms frothing at the mouth and shitting everywhere...

Merry Christmas.......

I respect what you are saying and I agree with parts of what you are saying but there are parts that I don't agree with such as the last sentence. To agree with that opinion means denying what I truly believe which is that Christ will return one day and that we will enter Gods new creation. Believing that though does not mean that I will do harm either physical, mentally or emotionally to those that do not believe what I believe.

Hang in there, gal.

What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life that Christ has helped you through?

For me it came when I was 10 years old and I was standing in the corner of a horse stall watching my dad fix a water bowl which would only take a minute or two. There was a horse in the stall with us that was eating and was calm but when my dad was drilling into wall the screw hit something in the wall and made a loud noise which spooked the horse. That particular horse was pretty young at the time and wasn't as calm as some of the others and it ended up kicking me in the chest as I stood against the wall which fractured my sternum among other things. I had to have surgery to remove bone fragments and was in the hospital for a couple of days. It was difficult in that once I healed I was afraid to go near the animals that I loved so much, but it was the most inspirational moment because I prayed for help and not that long after that I felt a calm come over me and wasn't nervous anymore. Since then I have gone on to compete in local junior rodeos and continue working with horses at home and as a part time job near my university. I have no doubts in my mind that He calmed my heart and mind, and I am forever thankful for it.

Before I lost the wife some years ago I prayed that God would spare her. I remained faithful even though God had other plans. But He strengthened me in ways I can't explain. I'm not sure if 'inspirational' is the right word, but I was never closer to God than I was for some time after that...it lasted for several years.

It taught me a lot about faith.

the problem with you belief is that it sets in motion a dynamic that has all the worlds religions fighting to be the last one standing.

belief system that reguire you to believe the world is soon going to end with LOTS OF HORROR AND DEATH are very very very very bad for mankind.

It means those people wont help us FIX and avoid the bad things we see coming because certain religions will see it as good for their religions predictions.

Its a recepie for disaster for mankind

how can mankind prevail if you and other only plan FOR FAILURE?
You don't plan for failure Desh. You look at Grind, Billy and Skidmark and the you nod your head up and down and say....."Yea....we're screwed.".

Back