What was the most difficult but inspirational moment in your life...

I believe that God is evident to even the most remotely located people but whether or not they open their hearts to Him is up to them. I can't speak for God as to what will happen to those people that may not have ever "heard" Him but what I can speak to is to me doing my best to spread the good news whenever possible but after that it's up to the person. There is evil on this Earth but it is not because of Him.

Why yes, yes it is. There can be no good without evil. God created good and evil and he gave you the freedom to choose between good and evil.

We know you're a Dallas Cowboy fan so it's obvious you have chosen evil. ;)

Why yes, yes it is. There can be no good without evil. God created good and evil and he gave you the freedom to choose between good and evil.

We know you're a Dallas Cowboy fan so it's obvious you have chosen evil. ;)

That's a correct point and I just meant that Jesus doesn't do evil things. As for the Dallas Cowboys i'll typically cheer for any Texas team as long as they are playing a non-Texas team.

That's a correct point and I just meant that Jesus doesn't do evil things. As for the Dallas Cowboys i'll typically cheer for any Texas team as long as they are playing a non-Texas team.

The anti theists like to think of evil as a thing to be created as opposed to the opposite of good which is also not a thing to be created.
As they cannot acknowledge personal responsibility they can't acknowledge people choosing to accept God's love (it is easy to view the absence of love as quite terrible but Dante's Inferno is just literature).
Maybe they'll figure it out some day.

The winter solstice is quite real. Happens every year about this time.

Saturnalia is a festival dedicated to the mythical Roman deity Saturn.
I observe and celebrate the solstice precisely because it is a real and observable astronomical event... It is only coincidence that it occurs during the superstitious mythical based festival of Saturnalia.
Crack a book asshole.

The anti theists like to think of evil as a thing to be created as opposed to the opposite of good which is also not a thing to be created.
As they cannot acknowledge personal responsibility they can't acknowledge people choosing to accept God's love (it is easy to view the absence of love as quite terrible but Dante's Inferno is just literature).
Maybe they'll figure it out some day.

There you have the nonsensical ramblings of an intellectually lazy, magical thinker.
Good and evil are relative concepts ...not absolutes.

Last edited:
Saturnalia is a festival dedicated to the mythical Roman deity Saturn.
I observe and celebrate the solstice precisely because it is a real and observable astronomical event... It is only coincidence that it occurs during the superstitious mythical based festival of Saturnalia.
Crack a book asshole.

Does it nor strike you as unusual how so many religious events coincide with it ?
Try thinking sometime.

Does it nor strike you as unusual how so many religious events coincide with it ?
Try thinking sometime.

It's the only reality they have in common.
The worship of deities often coincides with real astrophysical events to give them credibility.
Saturnalia is not a festival for the solstice.

Try thinking sometime.

it's because back in ancient times the harvest was over and the days were short and you literally had jack shit to do. So people took the most shitty and dark time of the year and made it into a month long party.

...and you seem like such a nice girl. Who would suspect you of being evil?

There was that time he cured Tim Minchin's friends moms cataracts. Other than that he only gave someone I was very close with an incurable disease and murdered her at the age of 33. I kind of lost him there, and realized if he is real, he's a jackass and can F' off.

Last edited:
beautiful story

I'm so glad you have a belief system and faith that brings you comfort and peace.

Do remember that people who are of other religions have similar events and likely very much the same emotional deep experiences even though they interpret the religious details differently.

maybe we all feel and experience Much the same types of inner feelings yet have differing ways of translating them to our fellow humans.

brain studies are pretty interesting in their findings about such experiences.

I think most of us have these same experiences and how we were raised has a lot to do with how we personally interpret them.

we should accept them all

we should shame none

we should realize NO ONE religion will ever be the last one standing

this was post six

Norah, this is why you don't feed the trolls.

then religious intolerance started on post 12

who is it that are intolerant ?

some people who believe in god just don't want to hear about what others believe .

they are just sure it will rub off.

then religious intolerance started on post 12

who is it that are intolerant ?

some people who believe in god just don't want to hear about what others believe .

they are just sure it will rub off.

You don't believe anything but left wing talking points.
I am fine with you choosing to believe there is nothing greater than yourself. But as that is the flip side of a binary choice there is.nothing further for you to add to a conversation specific to belief.
Find threads that you have some interest in.

you don want to know what I believe

you are intolerant of others beliefs

you don't get to tell me to shut up

Back