What Would It Take?

I listened to an interesting podcast yesterday that dealt with conspiracy theories and those who buy into them. The main speaker said one question he likes to pose to those adherents is:

What would it take to convince you that you’re wrong?

Great question that should stop most in their tracks. However, if usually doesn’t, especially when it comes to Trumpers. Even with all the mountains of evidence, they are still in denial.

We all have our biases and I had to ponder that question myself. About COVID, the accusations against BIDEN, climate change, etc.

So, I’ll pose that question to the forum, especially the right wingers, who tend to buy into those conspiracies more than others.

About:

The stolen election
COVID vaccines
Climate change
The claims about Joe Biden

Take your pick. What would it take?

Why would people change their minds when the opinions were never formed on the basis of known facts to begin with?

Reality, to many people, is what they've arbitrarily decided reality is.

It could be a glitch in evolution--devolution as it were--because so many on the American political right very much appear to be mutants.

I listened to an interesting podcast yesterday that dealt with conspiracy theories and those who buy into them. The main speaker said one question he likes to pose to those adherents is:

Great question that should stop most in their tracks. However, if usually doesn’t, especially when it comes to Trumpers. Even with all the mountains of evidence, they are still in denial.

We all have our biases and I had to ponder that question myself. About COVID, the accusations against BIDEN, climate change, etc.

So, I’ll pose that question to the forum, especially the right wingers, who tend to buy into those conspiracies more than others.

About:

The stolen election
COVID vaccines
Climate change

Well first of all you have to know that we are wrong.

If we are right then this thread is irrelevant.

Also we can turn it around and say what would it take to prove the left is wrong on all those issues?

The answer is ultimately proof.

Now you have to realize that many issues will never have proof they were right or wrong, it comes down to opinion.

For each of those issues there is proof to support both sides.

Ultimately your question is rhetorical.

About:

The stolen election
COVID vaccines
Climate change

What would it take to convince you you were wrong about
The Russian Collusion Conspiracy Theory?
The Hunter Laptop
Covid Vaccines

FACTS

verifiable facts

You Nazis don't deal in facts - ever.

Fact - the mRNA sequencers used for Covid at best do nothing, at worst exasperate the issue. But not one of you Marxists will acknowledge this scientific fact because party goals run contrary to the reality and party defines reality for you.

About:

The stolen election
COVID vaccines
Climate change

The problem is that most ardent conspiracy theorists are mentally ill. They'll never be convinced until their illness is cured.

You Nazis don't deal in facts - ever.

Fact - the mRNA sequencers used for Covid at best do nothing, at worst exasperate the issue. But not one of you Marxists will acknowledge this scientific fact because party goals run contrary to the reality and party defines reality for you.
QED

A Down Under dingo-fucking, wife-beating dumbass with mental issues could never be persuaded to be reasonable. The best place for him is in a padded cell.

Fine. Trumpers cite things they believe are “facts” all the time, when, in truth, they are not.

So, not quite there on just “facts”.

Because "facts" serve the party, the democrat Reich.

Anything, no matter how undeniable that does not serve the party cannot be a "fact."

No surprises on the responses. The dumbfuck right wingers have nothing but dumbfuck responses. Other, more reasonable people don’t.

Shocked, I say!

So, you got your ass handed to you and are lashing out.

We are still waiting on these "facts" that prove all of your Marxist fantasies are the "uhn huh iz two" truthiness.

Fine. Trumpers cite things they believe are “facts” all the time, when, in truth, they are not.

So, not quite there on just “facts”.

And there in lies the problem

Fake facts don’t fix things

Only real facts help you get it correct

These are disinformation bot holes folks

They will never recognize truth

The truth doesn't get them what they want

Lies are the only tool that works for them to cheat and steal from the rest of the population

They must be haunted and shamed with a cudgle of truth non stop by those who honor truth

It is incumbent on any society to shun and publicly shame liars until the embrace truth or shut the fuck up

It’s the only way a society can grow and maintain its self

We have a brand new world wide communication system that society has never experienced before

Lies have a brand new path into the minds of weak and stupid people

Time to make sure lies have the utter shit beaten out of them from the second they emerge on the internets

Evil actors will supply a never ending flow of lies

We must learn to supply a never ending river of hot lava of truth to battle the lies that seek weak and stupid minds

Shaming weak and stupid minds into embracing truths instead of lies designed to make them brainless walking dead in the service of lies

Yeah it’s hard non stop work

But truth is worth it

What would it take to convince you you were wrong about
The Russian Collusion Conspiracy Theory?
The Hunter Laptop
Covid Vaccines

Other than the single instance that I know of when Trump’s kids and others met with the Russian agents in Trump Tower because they thought the Russians had dirt, I know of no collusion. Manafort and the Ukraine thing? He was guilty, but pardoned. Mueller’s report, while talking about Russian attempts to influence the election and Trump’s likely criminal behavior does not mention “collusion” once. Collusion is your baby, not mine.

I have no idea what’s on Hunter’s laptop, where it’s been, etc. Either do you.

When the vaccines came out, the death rate dropped precipitously. Report after report indicated that the hospitals were overwhelmed, not with vaccinated patients, but with unvaccinated ones. Were there adverse effects with the vaccine? Yep, just as with any vaccine. Were they exaggerated? Yep, by the non-vaxxers.

Next

I had some preconceived ideas about hoe responses would go. I was pretty much spot on.

The conspiracists responded with “Reich”, demmycrat and other psychobabble. So predictable. Others at least gave it a shot with terms like “facts”.

It verifies what I have maintained all along. There is NOTHING that will convince a conspiracy freak that they’re wrong. Not mountains of evidence, not stacks of scientific research, not guilty pleas, convictions, verdicts or anything else. NOTHING.

Pretty sad and a little frightening there are so many people that blind, willfully ignorant and gullible.

I had some preconceived ideas about hoe responses would go. I was pretty much spot on.

The conspiracists responded with “Reich”, demmycrat and other psychobabble. So predictable. Others at least gave it a shot with terms like “facts”.

It verifies what I have maintained all along. There is NOTHING that will convince a conspiracy freak that they’re wrong. Not mountains of evidence, not stacks of scientific research, not guilty pleas, convictions, verdicts or anything else. NOTHING.

Pretty sad and a little frightening there are so many people that blind, willfully ignorant and gullible.

Nothing except better mental health care and nanny software on their computers. :thup:

Back