What’s Your Philosophy of Life?

Are you insane

You will decide nothing correctly as right or wrong without truth

I am doubting that you are human now
Disagreed Cypress is insane.

Debatable but I think is more about miscommunication and understanding of terms.

He's not a bot.

My home life lead me to summize that education was the path to avoid the mistakes of my parents

I was correct

High school was pretty depressing for me as a female of a certain look and a poor family

It was the mid 70s

My future wasn’t assumed to be much by most adults I came across

I wanted to know the things the smart people knew

College was the first place I felt truly respected

I took a massive range of classes

I loved it

Anyone who goes to college only to get trained for job is going for the wrong reason.

Anyone who goes to college only to get trained for job is going for the wrong reason.

Disagreed. To be a functioning, successful member of modern society requires education. Ego, going to college, or VoTech, is necessary to succeed.

OTOH, if all a person wanted was a good job, VoTech is usually sufficient. Lots of good careers are shaped there. In my case, it was a means to end and, TBH, I basically wasted an educational opportunity by failing to maximize the opportunities. The good news was that I learned a lot about life there. LOL

is lying right or wrong ?

you generally have trouble with cause and effect so I understand why this is difficult for you.

Generally wrong, but context is everything. What do you say to a six-year-old who asks you "How are babies made?" The RWers usually shit themselves when it comes to telling school kids about the facts of life. They prefer to lie by ommission. See below.

Cause and effect is valid, but it's only part of the equation. Consider Trump's rise to power. Is that a cause or an effect? I believe it's an effect set in motion in the aftermath of the Cold War.

https://losspreventionmedia.com/interview-and-interrogation-training-five-types-of-lies/
Interview and Interrogation Training: The Five Types of Lies
  • Lies of Denial. This type of lie will involve an untruthful person (or a truthful person) simply saying that they were not involved.
  • Lies of Omission. A lie of omission is often referred to as the “lie of choice,” as the person using this method can blame the interviewer for not asking the right question.
  • Lies of Fabrication. Fabrication is typically the most difficult type of lie for an individual to tell; the dishonest person needs to make up their “facts” as they are telling them, which of course makes it harder to remember later.
  • Lies of Minimization. Minimization involves attempts to distort the truth by making statements like “It was an accident” or “It was already damaged, though” in an attempt to minimize what they’ve done.
  • Lies of Exaggeration. This type of lie is similar to the lie of minimization in that there is a distortion of the truth; however, the subject will overstate what happened. For example, they might say something like, “Yeah, I am responsible for all the losses here.”

you generally have trouble with cause and effect so I understand why this is difficult for you.

Oh really

Then why do I turn out to be correct so often here over the decades?

It’s you on the right that keep embracing lies and denying truth

You are the ones always getting it wrong

Lying can be right at certain times.

If it was France in 1943 and I was hiding a Jewish family in my basement, I would lie to any Nazi soldiers who came around and tell them I hadn't seen any Jews

Disagreed. To be a functioning, successful member of modern society requires education. Ego, going to college, or VoTech, is necessary to succeed.

OTOH, if all a person wanted was a good job, VoTech is usually sufficient. Lots of good careers are shaped there. In my case, it was a means to end and, TBH, I basically wasted an educational opportunity by failing to maximize the opportunities. The good news was that I learned a lot about life there. LOL

Yes, going to a vocational school is specifically to train for a job.

That's why I was writing about attending a college for a full fledged bachelor's degree.

I went to university to prepare myself for a professional career, to improve myself but as a person, to improve my mind, and to meet and network with a better quality of people. (Meeting chicks goes without saying) :)

Oh really

Then why do I turn out to be correct so often here over the decades?

It’s you on the right that keep embracing lies and denying truth

You are the ones always getting it wrong

you are virtually never correct. not surprisingly you and truth are strangers.

Again your inability to comprehend cause and effect fail you time and again.

Lying can be right at certain times.

If it was France in 1943 and I was hiding a Jewish family in my basement, I would lie to any Nazi soldiers who came around and tell them I hadn't seen any Jews

All of which goes to something more fundamental: Morality.

IMO, morality can be broken into two major areas: Doing what is best for oneself or doing what is best for others.

I support the morality of the latter, as your example exemplifies.

Trumpers support the morality of the former; they put themselves above all others.

you are virtually never correct. not surprisingly you and truth are strangers.

Again your inability to comprehend cause and effect fail you time and again.

The very words on this site prove my point

See those links in my signature

They prove that I predicted the 2008 crash and that cons were screaming that I was a fool for predicting what then happened

I came on the internets because GWB was lying us to war in Iraq

I was called all sorts of names for that prediction for years during that stupid war

I was correct

I told people here that GWB was using white phosphorous in Fallughia

I was treated as if I was insane

Then it was proven and admitted by GWB

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON HERE

You idiots always turn out to be wrong

Then lie about it

You are just horrible people who hate the truth

What my students get when they turn up to PHIL 101, on the other hand, is a crash course in analytic philosophy, the particularly techy strain of the discipline that came to dominate English-speaking university departments in the twentieth century. A central feature of analytic philosophy is its small-scale, piecemeal method of approaching big questions.

A second feature of analytic philosophy is an attitude. The standard philosophy professor these days is a hardheaded secular rationalist.

But I find myself wondering if you can really pull that division-of-labor move with philosophy, even if you can with, say, economics or physics. Though we call philosophy the love of truth, what it really seeks is understanding, which requires grasping the relationships between things and organizing them into an intelligible whole. It’s no longer clear to me that you can do this adequately if you restrict your attention to one tiny domain at a time.

https://thepointmag.com/examined-life/whats-your-philosophy-of-life/

actually a good post, well fuck me sideways.

I found academic philosophy gets too bogged down in word games. i think that's intentional, to take fine minds and render them stupid with games.

and the elitism, omg, i think thats what you're getting at.

Back