When should Kids Learn about Sex?

These days they pretty much have to teach all of those subjects. Now, I began sex-ed classes in 5th grade (puberty) and then 6th, 7th, and 9th. We covered healthy living in 8th and 11th.

I didn't have sex-ed in kindergarten.

nows stop for a second and realize how easy it will be to stop sex abuse of kids with this subject being broached.

You teach the kids about their bathroom parts so they can do hygene properly and you will be able to listen for signs of abuse.

Per Howey's post:

What's wrong with kindergarteners learning correct names for external body parts? and what "bad" touching is?

Sex-ed in kindergarten will be AGE APPROPRIATE.

I didn't know anyone in kindergarten who didn't already have the Kindergarten Cop basics down.

I think this goes beyond penis or vagina or babies. What do you think is wrong with our current system, may I ask?

I think this goes beyond penis or vagina or babies. What do you think is wrong with our current system, may I ask?

Well you were in kindergarten more recently than I was, but I know I didn't learn much until my sisters "educated" me when I was roughly junior high age. My mom just shoved a long pamphlet at me at some point. And yes, she and my dad were good parents; this was just an area they were uncomfortable with

If it's already being done - great

If not - it should be.

Why is "sex" taboo when math, history, art, music aren't? knowledge is just knowledge.

For one, its presented at the age of 5 and puberty doesn't happen until at least 9 in the most fecund of women.

For one, its presented at the age of 5 and puberty doesn't happen until at least 9 in the most fecund of women.

pretty sure they ain't talking birth control at the age of 5

although come to think of it, my sister probably was talking birth control with her boys at that age...

Last edited:
Silly liberals and your sexual promiscuity. . .

But Surely a child doesn't need the birds and the bees at 5? My cousin was 14 she learned. In fact, she had no clue what I was saying.

by the way, I'm going to stop posting on this thread. I fear pissoff is heading toward a rule 12 violation, and I don't want to be caught up with him.

So you idiots who have a problem with this policy in the op, flail away. I'm out of here.

by the way, I'm going to stop posting on this thread. I fear pissoff is heading toward a rule 12 violation, and I don't want to be caught up with him.

So you idiots who have a problem with this policy in the op, flail away. I'm out of here.

He's already violated it.

Saying they get it from TV is weak. Competent parents won't let that happen.

Yes....responsible parents shouldn't let that happen...of course when a huge population is trying to raise a family on McJobs wages.....those parents are busting their asses trying to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads....so day care and television become the Parents....and that's out of the real parent's control.

Yes....responsible parents shouldn't let that happen...of course when a huge population is trying to raise a family on McJobs wages.....those parents are busting their asses trying to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads....so day care and television become the Parents....and that's out of the real parent's control.

Really? Parents don't pick the child care providers? I stayed home with my children, until they were over 8, they didn't go to others homes, until I knew the parents. Kids whose parents might not have cared what their kids were watching or doing, seldom questioned an invite to our home for play. Others like myself, well we either got together with kids or got to know each other in parks or school functions. If my children wanted to invite friends over, no problem. If they were invited somewhere else, I wanted an idea that the expectations were close. I'd have done the same choosing day care.

I knew what my kids were watching on television, that's not hard to do. Actually it's the reason none of mine had tv in their rooms, until they bought one themselves.

Really? Parents don't pick the child care providers? I stayed home with my children, until they were over 8, they didn't go to others homes, until I knew the parents. Kids whose parents might not have cared what their kids were watching or doing, seldom questioned an invite to our home for play. Others like myself, well we either got together with kids or got to know each other in parks or school functions. If my children wanted to invite friends over, no problem. If they were invited somewhere else, I wanted an idea that the expectations were close. I'd have done the same choosing day care.

I knew what my kids were watching on television, that's not hard to do. Actually it's the reason none of mine had tv in their rooms, until they bought one themselves.

You think the majority of parents who are just barely getting by have a real choice?

Back