When should Kids Learn about Sex?

I addressed the child care earlier, you didn't respond to that.

Yeah...you said (paraphrased) that you were able to stay home. What if you were a single mom? You had a luxury that many do not have.

EDIT....if we are going to get into "not responding", you never responded to my link that shows that 23% of our PUBLIC schools teach "abstinence only" sex education. I let it slide, because I'm not a prick.....but.....

Yeah...you said (paraphrased) that you were able to stay home. What if you were a single mom? You had a luxury that many do not have.

That is NOT what I said. What I said is that I would have used the same parameters in choosing day care, that I used in allowing my kids to go to playdates. I spelled out the parameters.

That is NOT what I said. What I said is that I would have used the same parameters in choosing day care, that I used in allowing my kids to go to playdates. I spelled out the parameters.

Isn't that based on the ability to AFFORD said day care?

So what you are saying is that all Americans should breed animals for examples of sexuality?

What I am saying is that there is some age appropriate knowledge with which he seemed fine. Exactly when does that same knowledge become non-age appropriate? Simple geographical location can't mean that they are "too young", while my daughter was the same age but for her it was magically appropriate because there was no way to keep the knowledge from her and still allow her to enter the competitions in 4H without the knowledge...

Do you believe people who live in our area to be "bad" because they do share such knowledge with children?

Our kids are smarter than us. The only people who think otherwise are brain dead and ONLY follow by example.

Sure, standards are nice. But no one ever stated you shouldn't push beyond a standard. Beyond a standard is what success is all about....not inheritance.

Our kids are smarter than us. The only people who think otherwise are brain dead and ONLY follow by example.

Sure, standards are nice. But no one ever stated you shouldn't push beyond a standard. Beyond a standard is what success is all about....not inheritance.

Without standards you have nothing. And yes, most everyone's kids are smarter than you

What I am saying is that there is some age appropriate knowledge with which he seemed fine. Exactly when does that same knowledge become non-age appropriate? Simple geographical location can't mean that they are "too young", while my daughter was the same age but for her it was magically appropriate because there was no way to keep the knowledge from her and still allow her to enter the competitions in 4H without the knowledge...

Do you believe people who live in our area to be "bad" because they do share such knowledge with children?

No....not at all. How could you read that into my post. I was just saying that it's not a practical solution.

You brought up daycare, regardless of income if one is 'shopping' for daycare, they can find someone that shares their values.

And just like everything else....you get what you pay for. If you don't have the money, you are forced to take what you can get. Thank God for Head Start....oh, wait....the Head Start programs have been cut to the bone by CONSERVATIVES....shit, nevermind.

And just like everything else....you get what you pay for. If you don't have the money, you are forced to take what you can get. Thank God for Head Start....oh, wait....the Head Start programs have been cut to the bone by CONSERVATIVES....shit, nevermind.

And who is cutting (or attempting to cut) charter school vouchers, which allow the poor single moms you're pretending to care about easy access to before and after-school care?

As with everything else, as soon as possible, and certainly a lot earlier than five. Same with drink and war and right-wing spite: you need to understand the world as early as possible to understand what the 'respectable' are likely to do to you.

As with everything else, as soon as possible, and certainly a lot earlier than five. Same with drink and war and right-wing spite: you need to understand the world as early as possible to understand what the 'respectable' are likely to do to you.
Spite, eh? I daresay you don't mean this seriously, but rather in spite; out of disdain for the right, or conservatives, or the past, or some perceived past grievance.

And who is cutting (or attempting to cut) charter school vouchers, which allow the poor single moms you're pretending to care about easy access to before and after-school care?

They got to get to school age first. I have nothing against vouchers....IF they follow a preset curriculum AND are non-profit.

Here in Pennsylvania...cyber school is an up and coming thing...and sure enough, some greedy dirt bag tried to take over $1M for himself. Fortunately, he was caught...but when you see one rat, there's 10 others that you don't see.

We also had the for-profit Juvenile detention center fiasco up in the Poconos where a judge was sentencing kids to do time for the slightest offenses....turns out he was getting huge kickbacks to keep those beds filled.

There are certain areas where it shouldn't be set up as a for profit business.

We also had the for-profit Juvenile detention center fiasco up in the Poconos where a judge was sentencing kids to do time for the slightest offenses....turns out he was getting huge kickbacks to keep those beds filled.

Was this fellow a Democrat by any chance?

Spite, eh? I daresay you don't mean this seriously, but rather in spite; out of disdain for the right, or conservatives, or the past, or some perceived past grievance.

The one common element I find in all right-wing movements is a desperate spite against those they mistreat and hate. Honestly: it shows up everywhere.

Spite? Not even a self interest but pure unadulterated spite? Even here?

No - some right-wing movements are quite well into self-abnegation, but they are always spiteful. It comes from serving your masters: you want to put down others as you have been put down.

I disagree. Some of us just believe that humanity is tended towards chaos, and that implementing order is the best way to achieve collective gain.

EDIT: and make no mistake, any system, in which I have been put down in affects you as well. You're not 'out of the system' because you're disillusioned.

Back