Where America's jobs went

Transferable Import Certificates.

oil jobs would increase by thousands and they pay over $100,000

Dude the trade proposal I advocate would eliminate half of USA’s trade deficit of goods while increasing our GDP exports and median wage more than otherwise.
Crude oil and petroleum within products is the other half of our trade deficit. This trade proposal is not affect or is affected by any activity or trade related to connected to crude oil or petroleum. This trade deficit would not induce any net government spending and thus would not deny any funding or resources from any other government activity.

If you’re an advocate of any energy program that would benefit our nation, open up a new topic and advocate it. That issue has nothing to do with the proposal for transferable Import Certificates. They’re each unrelated issues.

Refer to the topic of “Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP & median wage”.

Respectfully, Supposn

Transferable Import Certificates

I'm in favor of not trading with China, but it's me and you and 5 other people.
I'm not going to get rich because people don't agree with me.

Dude, the trade proposal I advocate would eliminate half of USA’s trade deficit of goods while increasing our GDP exports and median wage more than otherwise.
It would permit us to continue benefitting from cheaper (but not the absolute cheapest possible) priced imported goods.

It requires no net government expenditures, acts as an export subsidy and the trade policy’s net costs would be entirely paid for by U.S. purchasers of imported goods.
Refer to the topic of “Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP & median wage”.

Respectfully, Supposn

Oil is a no brainer, it's a political card. Dems would rather tank the economy and Obama than be proven wrong on the trillions that would be paid in taxes.

How many jobs do we get related to exporting US goods?

Dude, imported products contribute no net domestic jobs and wages to USA’s economy.
Nations’ production contributes to their GDP; nation’s trade deficits are detrimental to their GDPs.

The entire economic differences between USA’s domestic and imported goods occur prior the goods reaching the shipping docks of their USA producers or their USA ports of entry.
Products economically differ to the extent of which nations’ goods and services contributed or otherwise supported the production of each product in question. From the instance an imported product enters the USA, there are little or no additional economic differences between it and a similar domestic product.

Warehousing, distributing, merchandising or otherwise handling or supporting products are similar for domestic or imported goods; there’s no economic differences due to these functions or tasks.
If imported products are shipped back to their manufacturers for repairs, the repairs are imported services and parts that contribute to our trade deficit; which is detrimental to our GDP. Otherwise repair, rebuilding or retrofitting of imported or domestic products are economically similar for similar products except to the extent that imported parts are used. Imported parts contribute to our trade deficit.

Refer to the topic “Trade deficits are always detrimental to a nation’s GDP”’,
last posted to on 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM.

Also refer to the topic
“Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP & median wage”,
last posted to on 08-04-2011, 12:46 AM.

Respectfully, Supposn

National sovereignty.

Why do you think its a good idea to allow the use of political wage slavery to destroy freedom around the globe?

AssHatZombie, I suppose we share similar concerns but not to the same extent.
I regret anyone anywhere is abused by low wages or poor working environments. I regret pollution that’s detrimental to communities, nations or continental and ocean regions’ environments.

I’m opposed to our nation paying the entire cost of opposing those abuses. I desire that we contribute our full share of wealth and efforts to reduce those abuses but I don’t want our nation to assume the entire costs and sacrifices.

Our internal policies, including what goods we permit or to any extent restrict their passing through our borders are our own concern.
I am in principle opposed to favoring or discriminating between goods from any foreign nations but wer should refrain from making our domestic policies a subject for negotiation or international agreements. We should diligently defend our sovereignty. Similarly, it’s difficult to require respect for our sovereignty if we attempt to intervene within other nations’ internal affairs.

It may be reasonable for us to retaliate against other nations denying our products access their domestic markets that they more favorably grant to their imports from other nations. But other than that (with regard to our global trade), it’s difficult to require respect for our sovereignty if we attempt to intervene within other nations’ internal affairs.

It’s best that nations refrain from intervening within other nations’ internal affairs. If we must do so, let it be done very sparingly and within the U.N. or other very broad international pacts.

Respectfully, Supposn

The economy never has been in serious trouble. Democrats will only allow trillions to be made and paid by oil when the real shit hits the fan.

America opened itself up to losing jobs overseas with policies like NAFTA, corprate tax breaks for corporations doing business overseas, coupled with higher taxes at home here in the United States. We have bent over backwards for countries engaged in protectionist policies for thier corporations and workers, while doing nearly the opposite for our corporations and workers here at home.

America opened itself up to losing jobs overseas with policies like NAFTA, corprate tax breaks for corporations doing business overseas, coupled with higher taxes at home here in the United States. We have bent over backwards for countries engaged in protectionist policies for thier corporations and workers, while doing nearly the opposite for our corporations and workers here at home.

I suggest you read David Ricardo.

Back