Who were you proud to vote for?

Moving past the "I voted for Bush only because he was a tad better that Gore/Kerry nonsense, who was the last presidential candidate of your party that you actaully were proud to vote for? Republicans, if Bush is embarrassing, who were you actually proud to personally vote for? Dole? Poppy Bush? Or, McCain this time around?

Me, I was proud and quite happy to vote for Gore, I'll be proud to vote for Obama, I was actually quite happy to vote for clinton twice. I wasn't proud of my vote for Kerry (he sucked, and I wanted Dean), nor was I proud of my vote for Poppy in 1988.

I was proud to vote against Haley "the pig" Barbour.

I was proud to vote for Walter Baker, the Progressive Conservative Party Whip in Ottawa. OK, that was Canada. I can't vote here yet.

Bah. Progressive Conservatives were even crazier than modern Conservatives. Still more liberal than the Democrats though.

Voting in the US is kind of like, OK, do I choose pepsi, or do I choose coke? Either way you go, it's pretty much the same, except Coke sticks to your teeth.

Here's my political progression over the years:

1980’s: Liberal republican (aka, Nelson Rockefeller)

1991: Moderate Democrat (aka, Bill Clinton)

1996: Liberal Democrat (aka, Barbara Boxer)

2004: Populist/progressive democrat (aka, Bernie Sanders)

2007: anti-war, white supremacist (aka, Ron Paul)

2008: Populist, social democrat (small d) (aka Hugo Chavez)

:)

sweet.

I'd stick with the alcohol, over the Libertarianism.

Although admittedly, being drunk, and believing in the efficacy of libertarian theory may go hand in hand.

Here you have a Democrat telling you he votes against the greater evil and you are saying its a Republican thing?

Such a limited viewpoint. Bush had already established himself as a spendthrift , warmongering, liar by 2004. so anyone but bush was a logical choice for those of us who can think for ourselves.

What was the whole Democrat thing in 2004, ABB? Anyone But Bush? If that doesn't define voting against someone and not voting for someone then I don't know what does.

With me it is not a partisan thing, but based on past evidence. Which does coincide with me appearing to be a democrat. If my state offered it I would just register as a citizen with no party affiliation whatsoever.

And yes the greater evil currently in my opinion is anyone having been a Bush supporter. Need a picture of McClown hugging bush ?
And I will never vote for anyone that supports the Iraq war.

I saw what Bush as a piss poor person before he was elected the first time. Strange that those with partisan blinders on could not think past the pundits talk in that election.

Actually I did not like Gore much in 2000, but Bush scared me.
Gore has come up in my esteem with his green type work.
And the fact that he does not want the job makes me respect him even more.

Last edited:
With me it is not a partisan thing, but based on past evidence. Which does coincide with me appearing to be a democrat. If my state offered it I would just register as a citizen with no party affiliation whatsoever.

And yes the greater evil currently in my opinion is anyone having been a Bush supporter. Need a picture of McClown hugging bush ?

I saw what Bush as a piss poor person before he was elected the first time. Strange that those with partisan blinders on could not think past the pundits talk in that election.

I can think for myself quite fine thank you. I didn't graduate from one of the top universities in the country because I couldn't think. Like Jarrod you only believe that others can 'think' if they think and believe like you. A nice little elitist attitude.

And your not voting for a war supporter is B.S. because you already said you would vote for Hillary Clinton if she is the Dem nominee.

Cypress whole point was that Dems are excited about their candidates and Repubs aren't. YOu are making the case against him.

I can think for myself quite fine thank you. I didn't graduate from one of the top universities in the country because I couldn't think. Like Jarrod you only believe that others can 'think' if they think and believe like you. A nice little elitist attitude.

And your not voting for a war supporter is B.S. because you already said you would vote for Hillary Clinton if she is the Dem nominee.

Cypress whole point was that Dems are excited about their candidates and Repubs aren't. YOu are making the case against him.

jekylhyde.jpg

Damn........................!

This picture reminds me of the 9-11 terrorist..they spent their last night in a strip bar...then took a shower before doing their nasty deed for Allah...akin to maybe 'Obama'...Wake up children of the corn!

Why would I want to wake up the children of the corn? Weren't they those white haired freaky kids who killed people with their minds?

I'll give you Perot. That was a better choice than Poppy.

But lets review the voting record of your adult life:

Walking Jurassic Fossil Bob Dole
Moron George Bush
Moron George Bush, again
Uber Warhawk Grandpa McCain.

That has to be the worst four consecutive voting choices in a row in american history. You sure you're proud to be a republican, if that's the best lineup you can vote for year after year after year?

Oh, and I think Poppy, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain were superfreaks choices too, so don't feel left out. :pke:

Hey Cippie................

I'll give you Perot. That was a better choice than Poppy.

But lets review the voting record of your adult life:

Walking Jurassic Fossil Bob Dole
Moron George Bush
Moron George Bush, again
Uber Warhawk Grandpa McCain.

That has to be the worst four consecutive voting choices in a row in american history. You sure you're proud to be a republican, if that's the best lineup you can vote for year after year after year?

Oh, and I think Poppy, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain were superfreaks choices too, so don't feel left out. :pke:

:321: Those people served proudly and suffered the consequences...you draft dodging weirdo without a clue...up yours perv!

You said you...............

served in Nam...do you remember Al Gores BS! about the war...or did you forget...'Convienietly' his writings as a Sp-4 writer for Army Times...the idiot is akin to the fraud Lt.Kerry...a dreamer with Daddy saving their sorry asses!...enough said UScit!

:321: Those people served proudly and suffered the consequences...you draft dodging weirdo without a clue...up yours perv!

1. Bob Dole was never in the military
2. George Bush was in the Guard
3. I don't give a fuck what branch McCain was in, he's a lunatic
4. The draft has been over the entirety of Cypress's adult life
5. Why is "ZOMG they served in the military" you're stupid trump card that you pull out at any random moment, whether or not the comment makes sense in the context? What have you done for our nation? Been part of a useless life wasting war?

Really......................!

1. Bob Dole was never in the military
2. George Bush was in the Guard
3. I don't give a fuck what branch McCain was in, he's a lunatic
4. The draft has been over the entirety of Cypress's adult life
5. Why is "ZOMG they served in the military" you're stupid trump card that you pull out at any random moment, whether or not the comment makes sense in the context? What have you done for our nation? Been part of a useless life wasting war?

Damn...you are dumber than 3D...Senator Dole was a Army Ranger WWII...a 1st Lt...and quite well decorated ...Cypress as well as you are low level draft dodger types...full of shit and cowards to boot!:shock:

Moving past the "I voted for Bush only because he was a tad better that Gore/Kerry nonsense, who was the last presidential candidate of your party that you actaully were proud to vote for? Republicans, if Bush is embarrassing, who were you actually proud to personally vote for? Dole? Poppy Bush? Or, McCain this time around?

Me, I was proud and quite happy to vote for Gore, I'll be proud to vote for Obama, I was actually quite happy to vote for clinton twice. I wasn't proud of my vote for Kerry (he sucked, and I wanted Dean), nor was I proud of my vote for Poppy in 1988.

what didn't you like about kerry? I'm not being facetious, I want to know...

Are you saying he sucked as a candidate or just as a potential president?

Back