Who would do better during the general against McCain

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Obama or Clinton?

many polls i have seen have Clinton losing to McCain and Obama beating McCain.

perhaps this is why the recent break towards obama by the likes of Kennedy?

I've seen polls indicating that Obama and Hillary both beat McCain. I've seen polls indicating that McCain beats both Clinton and Obama. I've seen polls indicating that Clinton beats McCain but McCain beats Obama. And I've seen polls indicating that Obama beats McCain but McCain beats Clinton.

They're all over the map and are virtually useless.

Definitely.

That's why I want McCain to lose. He's the only real shot the repugnicans have to win.

When Bush proclaimed, “Ladies and gentlemen, some may deny the surge is working, but among terrorists there is no doubt,” Clinton sprang to her feet in applause but Obama remained firmly seated. The president’s line divided most of the Democratic audience, with nearly half standing to applaud and the other half sitting in stony silence.

In one instance Clinton appeared to gauge Obama’s response before showing her own.

Agree with both Dungheap and LadyT (lady being used VERY loosely)

It is a dead heat between McCain and either Hillary or Obama. McCain is the only Rep that has a chance against them.

McCain has no chance unless its Hillary... too many republicans won't support him and they'll end up with a base that isn't motivated to vote. You nominate Hillary, that will get the Republicans riled up. A lot of Republicans would be ok with an Obama presidency.

When Bush proclaimed, “Ladies and gentlemen, some may deny the surge is working, but among terrorists there is no doubt,” Clinton sprang to her feet in applause but Obama remained firmly seated. The president’s line divided most of the Democratic audience, with nearly half standing to applaud and the other half sitting in stony silence.

In one instance Clinton appeared to gauge Obama’s response before showing her own.

Really? I didn’t see the speech. First of all, I really didn’t want to see it, but I had to go somewhere and couldn’t. That’s very interesting.

Edwards could easially beat McCain if the other two would just quit fussing like children and put our country first.

McCain has no chance unless its Hillary... too many republicans won't support him and they'll end up with a base that isn't motivated to vote. You nominate Hillary, that will get the Republicans riled up. A lot of Republicans would be ok with an Obama presidency.

I think it would be close even against Obama...the Democrats have really fucked up (although the good news is that the Democrats have finally realised that Bill Clinton is a douchebag).

Also, Obama challenges him amongst independent voters Hillary does not.

I thought that was hilarious. quite literally one side of the room would stand up. One could do an entire analysis based off of the audience reactions.

you couldn't be more wrong

Actually you couldn't be more wrong.

If Hillary gets the nod, she will barely motivate her democratic base to go and support her. She's been a complete sell out on Iraq and she WILL motivate the republican base to vote in droves. If Obama's nominated, he will win against all of the current republican front runners.

Definitely.

That's why I want McCain to lose. He's the only real shot the repugnicans have to win.
I disagree. When a republican can not differentiate himself from the democrat, he loses. McCain is too liberal and undifferentiated from BO or HRC. He would lose to either.

The republican who can win is the one who can differentiate himself. I don't see that in any of the Rs. Dems win this one regardless of R nominee. The real determination of who will be president is in the Dem primaries.

exactly trog.. not to mention that what tiana mentions about hilary will happen TEN fold for republicans concerning mccain.

Tiana after 8 years of bush you liberals aren't going to be handing the republicans anything. You are underestimating hilary by a TON.

I am most interested to see how the evangelical vote breaks in florida today. If they move to Willard with any sort of purpose, McCain loses Florida and I really believe that whoever wins florida wins the nomination. They will have a momentum going into super tuesday that will be hard to slow.

Back