Who would do better during the general against McCain

My hard core republican sister says that McCain is too old and she will vote for Senator Clinton or Obama over him. She voted for Bush twice.

Yeah, we really do forget how old he is. I mean, now that we know that Reagan was senile for much of his term, does the country really want this elderly man in the white house? I just think that’s going to play a bigger role than is realized.

But that's an over generalization. People don't give a fuck about how moderate a candidate is. Half the voters vote on one thing - charisma. Honestly, with Obama, and McCain sitting up there, who do you think those people are going to vote for?

Now, imagine, Obama, and Romney?

But that's an over generalization. People don't give a fuck about how moderate a candidate is. Half the voters vote on one thing - charisma. Honestly, with Obama, and McCain sitting up there, who do you think those people are going to vote for?

Now, imagine, Obama, and Romney?

Very good point, but McCain has the nomination wraped up. Romney has his own problems with the flip flops and being a Mormon in the Republican party.

Hillary vs. McCain would be a more even contest. But honestly - whenever the campaign is between Hillary and McCain, there's no point in voting, because the two are the same person.

Hillary vs. McCain would be a more even contest. But honestly - whenever the campaign is between Hillary and McCain, there's no point in voting, because the two are the same person.

Most likely that will be your choices, with some third party dude who will get 12% or so.

Our only hope is Obama!

And what pray tell...........

Most likely that will be your choices, with some third party dude who will get 12% or so.

Our only hope is Obama!

would Obama accomplish if he were elected...besides citing parables,analogies and feel good small talk? Sorry children more likely than not John McCain: old, ragged, scarred and whatever will be the next President!

would Obama accomplish if he were elected...besides citing parables,analogies and feel good small talk? Sorry children more likely than not John McCain: old, ragged, scarred and whatever will be the next President!

I doubt it, Obama has a Kennedyesq quality to him that is going to excite the nation, if he can get past the Clinton roadblock.

I belive she is correct, McCain is the R's only chance to win. They cant win with a Romney who would get chewed up using Republicans own flip flop argument.

Huckleberry would finally warrant a close look by the media and the people would see what a racist and a crusader he is and drop him quick. All but the wacko 30% who still support Dumbya.

Gulianni cant win outside of New York or its 6th Burrow, South Florida.

Who else is there?

^^^^^QFT^^^^^

What's up with that bunch? What in the world does it take for them not to support him?

Demographically speaking, Florida is a suburb of northeast and midwest large cities. It ain't the "Bible Belt".
Perhaps I was not specific enough: Giuliani may win FL because it is, as you say, a northeastern colony, but he will not play well in the rest of the bible belt.

Does that clarify? We do not disagree.

Perhaps I was not specific enough: Giuliani may win FL because it is, as you say, a northeastern colony, but he will not play well in the rest of the bible belt.

Does that clarify? We do not disagree.
North of Miami Florida is the south. Go to the panhandle and you will find as many crackers as you will in florida and georgia. This is the state that voted for Jeb Bush and his brother twice. Only the southern tip of florida is like the northeast, as Jarod said, the 6th borrough

North of Miami Florida is the south. Go to the panhandle and you will find as many crackers as you will in florida and georgia. This is the state that voted for Jeb Bush and his brother twice. Only the southern tip of florida is like the northeast, as Jarod said, the 6th borrough
Yes, but this is not an R vs D contest, this is within the R party. There may be a significantly large fraction of Rs supporting Giuliani to allow him to win.

Not really...............

I doubt it, Obama has a Kennedyesq quality to him that is going to excite the nation, if he can get past the Clinton roadblock.

Kennedy proposed ideas and started the ball rolling...and he was actually the first white/black President analogy...thats why Tweddy(pun) and Caroline endorsed Obama over Hillary ...because she and Bill took credit...Obama is just a flash in the pan...he talks a good game...but has absolutely no experience or record to check for facts...the guy quite frankly scares me...like the old saying goes:'If it seems to good to be true it is'!

Kennedy proposed ideas and started the ball rolling...and he was actually the first white/black President analogy...thats why Tweddy(pun) and Caroline endorsed Obama over Hillary ...because she and Bill took credit...Obama is just a flash in the pan...he talks a good game...but has absolutely no experience or record to check for facts...the guy quite frankly scares me...like the old saying goes:'If it seems to good to be true it is'!

He has as much experience as JFK did.

McCain is the regurgitated republican nominee by default .. given that the rest of them are even a more horrid choice than he is.

McCain has no chance against Obama or Clinton .. especially Obama who would have a energized electorate running to the polls to elect him.

All they need to do is play McCain's theme song .. Bomb Bomb Iran, and the election is over.

Back