who's left of Obama on the economy

that site is a liberal hornets nest, I wouldn't call that bipartisan at all.

There are a lot of conservatives who post here; the "liberal domination" of the board is vastly overplayed.

It's just that the liberals tend to be smarter; much smarter...

Darla pwned. Reduced to, "Well you might be right but the American people agree with me! Hahahaha!"

Not at all. I posted evidence, you just choose to believe yours.

And it’s not about who agrees with me so much as it’s about – why fight a battle we have already have won? There’s too many battles to fight to refight ones you guys went down hard on. Sorry.

There are a lot of conservatives who post here; the "liberal domination" of the board is vastly overplayed.

It's just that the liberals tend to be smarter; much smarter...

moron oncelor I'm talking about the site that Darla's study came from

Not at all. I posted evidence, you just choose to believe yours.

Because there is 5 times the amount of supporting evidence for my point.

This is utterly laughable. If the battle has been "won" by your side in the field of public opinion, it has been utterly defeated for decades academically.

Because there is 5 times the amount of supporting evidence for my point.This is utterly laughable. If the battle has been "won" by your side in the field of public opinion, it has been utterly defeated for decades academically.

Outright lie

Provide evidence or admit you pulled that out of your ass.

I just posted evidence that you're lying.

moron oncelor I'm talking about the site that Darla's study came from

Be careful before you get on the Friedman dick-suckers bandwagon.

Epic knows shit about economics, probably less that you.

There WAS NEVER “five times more” evidence, or economists, who agreed that a raise in the minimum wage = job loss.

And today, there are fewer who believe that then there were at the height.

laughable Darla, it says liberal think tank in the first paragraph.
you are so cute in you little rant it's funny.
Note to Darla, these are politicians with economics degrees not economist.
They are Jarrod Berstien and the little clinton guy that are brought on CNBC every time they need a turbo-lib to argue against conventional economic theory.

I honestly think the earned income tax credit is a better way to fight poverty than the minimum wage. But I don't think that the minimum wage causes all the chaos attributed to it by neo liberals.

Lets not get too sidetracked
Raising the minimum wage (a lot) is a good thing economically for the lower and lower middle class. Does it help the overall economy as much is really not as debatable as Darla thinks.

laughable Darla, it says liberal think tank in the first paragraph.
you are so cute in you little rant it's funny.
Note to Darla, these are politicians with economics degrees not economist.
They are Jarrod Berstien and the little clinton guy that are brought on CNBC every time they need a turbo-lib to argue against conventional economic theory.

No you're laughable because you can't read.

SHIFTING OPINION
The truth is, economists are increasingly divided about the employment impact of a wage floor. For instance, in a 2000 follow-up to the 1990 survey, Weber State University economists Dan Fuller and Doris Geide-Stevenson learned that only 45% of those surveyed agreed that there was a nefarious trade-off between the minimum wage and jobs. That's a big shift in professional opinion in a mere decade.

The turning point came with a 1994 paper by economists David Card and Alan Krueger, "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast-Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania." The economists found that employment actually rose in the New Jersey fast-food restaurants they surveyed after the state hiked its higher minimum wage; fast-food employment declined somewhat in Pennsylvania, which kept its minimum wage unchanged. Over the years a cottage industry of empirical and theoretical literature has emerged, some challenging and others reinforcing the employment perspective of the Card-Krueger results.

That's all to the good. Economic progress comes from empirical studies like these. Now, although I'm no expert, my sense from the economic literature and commentary is that the job impact from a modest increase in the minimum wage is negligible to minor—even among teens, the most vulnerable group.

Dhula everything previously you posted came from liberal political sites not economics.
You are smart enough to google and cut and paste but you don't know what your looking at. I doubt you research consensus economic numbers much, show me that and I'm with you.

The Friedman-based theories on minimum wage are out-dated, and a majority of economists no longer agree with them.

Further, because 80% of Americans also agree, we have raised the federal minimum wage, and with a democratic congress, it will continue to be raised.

You can call be cute – sexist pigs – all you want, but the facts are on my side, and this battle has been fought, and won – by turbo-liberals.

As for epic and cawacko, or fairly young guys, you sure are stodgy. Come into the 21st century and get off of Milton Friedman’s dick guys!

Dhula everything previously you posted came from liberal political sites not economics.
You are smart enough to google and cut and paste but you don't know what your looking at. I doubt you research consensus economic numbers much, show me that and I'm with you.

Jesus Christ, you really can't read.

you could be more full of shit or yourself,
I'm not buying consensus of economist think raising minimum wage $3hr is a good thing.
I listen to economist daily and though mostly supply siders I'd say they woulnd not be in lock step at all with that.
And you have shown no economics expertise, that has nothing what so ever to do with sexist. But you do get lame ass comeback points for the try.

Consensus has become such a dirty word; as though it's actually negative when people who have studied & work in the same field agree on something.

Nice work, connie cons....

Back