who's left of Obama on the economy

Robert Reich. He was Bill Clintons secretary of labor. He and Clinton were fellow Rhodies at Oxford where Reich recieved his MA and they were both graduates of Yale Law School.

Reich is not an economist by education, he's a lawyer though he is an expert on Public Policy.

thanks for that, now it makes sense that almost everything Reich say is anti-economist establishment.
He's a hard core lefty union guy 110%

Wal Mart operates on some of the lowest profit margins of any industry. I'm sorry if it makes me selfish but I refuse to drive fifty miles to go and buy at a mall whenever Wal-Mart is right there.

where I live Wal mart is a career for some, not just a summer job.
Lots better service too than at the bigger city wallyworlds I have been to.

And yes I shop at wally world.

thanks for that, now it makes sense that almost everything Reich say is anti-economist establishment.
He's a hard core lefty union guy 110%
I wouldn't say that. Being pro union isn't a hard core "lefty" stance. Unions serve a purpose and function. Granted those in business would always rather pay minimum wage or less to workers so their antipathy towards unions is understandable.

Besides, Reich is DNC member and a centrist Democrat. Which is far to the left of a Wall Street Conservative (Who themselves are far to the left of a Neocon or southern conservative.) but hardly an uber liberal.

Last edited:
dude, I listen to him daily. He's as far left as a supposed business person can be.
he's the anti-supply sider.

Wal Mart operates on some of the lowest profit margins of any industry. I'm sorry if it makes me selfish but I refuse to drive fifty miles to go and buy at a mall whenever Wal-Mart is right there.

There's more to Wallmart than low margins. Wallmart gains profits from economy of scale and low price points. They can maintain low margins through sheer volume. Problem is quality suffers. It's Wallmarts business practices that bother me. But the real issue for me is quality. If I need a cheap t-shirt, Wally World is great. But if I want to buy something that will last or from a store with a reputation for quality products, Wallyworld aint where it's at.

So I'd rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

dude, I listen to him daily. He's as far left as a supposed business person can be.
he's the anti-supply sider.

What's wrong with being "anti-supply" sider? Lot's of succesful demand side business people out there and I'd hardly classify many of them as liberal. In fact I bet there are more demand side business people than supply siders.

What's wrong with being "anti-supply" sider? Lot's of succesful demand side business people out there and I'd hardly classify many of them as liberal. In fact I bet there are more demand side business people than supply siders.

Well very few demand siders on bloomberg and cnbc, mostly turbo-lib politicians/liberal pundits first economic analyst second.

Jarrod Berstien is the co-ring leader with Reich

Just more proof that you can't or won't read.

I posted five studies that reached conclusions opposite of the ONE you posted.

I see math clearly isn't your strong point, but 1x5=5.

You know Epic, in some ways I like you - but not too much. I think you're a pink kid with an entitlement attitude.

Top's the most confused political poster I have ever seen. A man trapped in a woman's body would be the best analogy.

If you bother to read you'll see that as my business week piece shows, while at one time 63 percent of economists believed that a higher minimum wage meant loss of jobs, now a clear minority of 45% do. And there are studies mentioned that back it up, within the article.

Probably they changed their mind during the 90's, when, after raising the minimum wage, the US created millions of new jobs. Or maybe the studies done in indvividual states who had raised their wages above the federal rate and created jobs, changed their minds. Either way, that is how it stands now.

When you have a few more years on you and aren't a punk who lives off daddy, i hope you gain some empathy and some ability to look at what is keeping people in poverty. But some never do, and you might be one of them.

Well very few demand siders on bloomberg and cnbc, mostly turbo-lib politicians/liberal pundits first economic analyst second.

Jarrod Berstien is the co-ring leader with Reich

Top, as I have already posted, nobel prize winning economists agree that raising the min. wage increases jobs.

You come on here and act like because you can turn on CNBC youo know something, but who the fuck are you to laugh off 664 economists including FIVE nobel prize winners?

Nobody. You're nobody Top.

Darla, I'm sure the minimum wage is near and dear to you as you prob spent a large number of years making it. I was about 15 when I rose above it.
And I could give two flying fucks if your actually right.
High end income and investing is where I exert 90% of my interest, I'm sure on your remedial note taking class salary your on the other spectrum.
Angry low earning liberal spinster.

So according to toppy you have to be smart and such to be married ?
Now that is funny.

Some of the smartest people I have known never got married or married late in life.

You know Epic, in some ways I like you - but not too much. I think you're a pink kid with an entitlement attitude.

Top's the most confused political poster I have ever seen. A man trapped in a woman's body would be the best analogy.

If you bother to read you'll see that as my business week piece shows, while at one time 63 percent of economists believed that a higher minimum wage meant loss of jobs, now a clear minority of 45% do. And there are studies mentioned that back it up, within the article.

Probably they changed their mind during the 90's, when, after raising the minimum wage, the US created millions of new jobs. Or maybe the studies done in indvividual states who had raised their wages above the federal rate and created jobs, changed their minds. Either way, that is how it stands now.

When you have a few more years on you and aren't a punk who lives off daddy, i hope you gain some empathy and some ability to look at what is keeping people in poverty. But some never do, and you might be one of them.

I read the piece when you posted it. Even assuming its validity, 45% is barely a minority.

What I should have said instead is that the majority of studies have proven that increasing the minimum wage also increases unemployment. That is indisputable.

Last edited:
It just really irks me to get called spoiled when I basically disowned myself and have done difficult and dangerous jobs so that I can be independent.

If my parents were paying for my college and my house and my food you might have a point. But they aren't.

Back