Why are atheists like cypress so invested in monotheism?

I don't know what "invested in monotheism" even means. It's not a question people you meet on the street or at work would ask.
It means you're always pushing it, and also presenting yourself as an authority on how to interpret every facet of the religion, that you don't believe in in any way.

It means you're always pushing it, and also presenting yourself as an authority on how to interpret every facet of the religion, that you don't believe in in any way.
I'm not responsible for your resentment that you are not particularly well read on world religions,
I am not required to apologize for having read extensively on world religions,
and I am entitled to correct erroneous information. Like correcting the idiot who claimed Baptists are not Protestants, or the correcting posters who claim that nobody wrote or reported anything about Jesus until seven decades after he was executed.

If you want to talk about something I am a dumb ass about, start a thread about the stock market.

Tens of millions of agnostics and atheists have read the Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu, and Confucian classics without ever having to declare allegiance to any particular religion. Some of them were famous physicists and authors. Evidently the MAGA morons on this forum have never heard of Henry David Thoreau.
Look, I really don't care what you believe.

Agnostics seem very open to polytheism. Look at all the agnostics who go to India to try to find spirituality.
Tens of millions of agnostics and atheists have read the Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu, and Confucian classics without ever having felt a need to declare allegiance to any particular religion. Some of them were famous physicists and authors. Evidently the MAGA morons on this forum have never heard of Henry David Thoreau.

I'm not responsible for your resentment that you are not particularly well read on world religions,
I am not required to apologize for having read extensively on world religions,
and I am entitled to correct erroneous information. Like correcting the idiot who claimed Baptists are not Protestants, or the correcting posters who claim that nobody wrote or reported anything about Jesus until seven decades after he was executed.

If you want to talk about something I am a dumb ass about, start a thread about the stock market.
shut up, stupid mason.

you're always trying to play gatekeeper about how to interpret religions.

you say christianity is about heaven and the Pope, but you're not a Christian.

when an actual christian says its about the golden rule you flip out and act like a fool for several pages.

you're a mason on a mission to keep religion violent and divisive.

you suck at thinking and are very stupid and actually quite evil.

Tens of millions of agnostics and atheists have read the Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu, and Confucian classics without ever having felt a need to declare allegiance to any particular religion. Some of them were famous physicists and authors. Evidently the MAGA morons on this forum have never heard of Henry David Thoreau.
yes, but you're just a fucking divisive idiot.

I love Thoreau.

do you?

ok religion expert. where does the Bible say good christians should support Israel with their blood and treasure?

or is that extra-bibilical?

or does nobody think that?

and I am entitled to correct erroneous information. Like correcting the idiot who claimed Baptists are not Protestants,

You know there actually IS a thread of thought that Baptists are not, technically speaking, Protestants since they didn't split out of the Catholic Church.

Sure most people consider them Protestants on the overall religious grounds but apparently there are some who feel it inappropriate. (Look it up for yourself if you doubt).

(Just sayin' that whoever you "corrected" may not have been wrong, per se.)

Don't sell yourself short.

there actually IS a thread of thought that Baptists are not, technically speaking, Protestants
Encyclopedia Brittanica
"Baptist, member of a group of Protestant Christians who share the basic beliefs of most Protestants but who insist that only believers should be baptized and that it should be done by immersion rather than by the sprinkling or pouring of water."

Encyclopedia Brittanica
"Baptist, member of a group of Protestant Christians who share the basic beliefs of most Protestants but who insist that only believers should be baptized and that it should be done by immersion rather than by the sprinkling or pouring of water."

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but if you look further you will see that this is not an uncommon thought among Baptists.

You can check it out in places like this: https://teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/22329

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but if you look further you will see that this is not an uncommon thought among Baptists.

You can check it out in places like this: https://teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/22329
Who cares what poorly educated lay Baptists believe. Many lay Baptists don't even believe Catholics are Christians.

Just because some rubes believe it doesn't make it true.

Splitting directly off from the Catholic Church is not the definition of a Protestant. Many Protestant denominations didn't form until hundreds of years after Reformation. Protestants are defined by a set of beliefs, like sola fide and sola scruptura.

You've don't attend church, and don't participate in any religious community. Logging onto an obscure message board and babbling about the golden rule doesn't make you a Christian.

Yeah, that sounds just like me. :laugh:
I have accepted him as my saviour.

you don't define who is a Christian.

see, you're still fucking presuming authority for some unfounded reason.

now run along and go fuck yourself.

I have accepted him as my saviour.

you don't define who is a Christian.

see, you're still fucking presuming authority for some unfounded reason.

now run along and go fuck yourself.

You're supposed to be baptized, and participate in fellowship and community.

Just sitting in your basement, claiming you are saved, and complaining about Jews and blacks doesn't sound like the signs you've been given grace.

Back